Home General Discussion

MAN O WAR

Any opinions on these smokes? Thinking about ordering some and just interested in experiences/opinions.

Comments

• I love them. They are fuller bodied than the other AJ Fernandez brands and still have a sweetness on the tongue as you exhale, which comes from the wrapper, that blends well with the more earthy early flavors. They are extraordinarily well balanced for a stick of their strength. They also are beautiful looking and very well constructed. I am very happy that I picked some up.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    I fall on the other side of the fence... Maybe I just got wrapped up in the hype, but for some reason this cigar just left me wanting... I guess with all I had heard about them maybe my expectations were way too high... By itself I'd consider it an OK smoke... But compared to what I was expecting it to be I was sorely disappointed... If someone gives me one I'll certainly smoke it knowing it'll be decent, but I honestly don't think I would ever make any attempts to purchase any for myself...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rusirius:
    I fall on the other side of the fence... Maybe I just got wrapped up in the hype, but for some reason this cigar just left me wanting... I guess with all I had heard about them maybe my expectations were way too high... By itself I'd consider it an OK smoke... But compared to what I was expecting it to be I was sorely disappointed... If someone gives me one I'll certainly smoke it knowing it'll be decent, but I honestly don't think I would ever make any attempts to purchase any for myself...
    I am with you on this one.. I posted some harsh words about this brand and at the time believed them. My opinion has improved slightly since then but they are not among my favorites. I do believe that the small profiles of these are better, so start small here.
  • rusirius:
    I agree, my expectations may have been high. But with a beautiful wrapper, amazing pre-lit aroma, and excellent construction I figured it may live up to it. The taste was okay, but never got as full bodied as the aroma would have led me to believe. It was decent, and ended great, but the middle was very flat IMO. Maybe a year or two of rest would do wonders to this, and I am contemplating on a fiver or so to let rest, but fresh it just did nothing for me.
  • Wow. I guess I know now why there are so many different cigars on the market! I did not expect to be alone on this one...
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I wanted to like this cigar and agree that pre-light was very nice. However this stick started nice, but didn't offer much in the end and I got terrible tar build up that completely ruined the cigar for me (killed the draw and the flavor).
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    MaduroScott:
    Wow. I guess I know now why there are so many different cigars on the market! I did not expect to be alone on this one...
    You are not alone... I liked these guys... not my favorite, but I didn't know about the hype of these guys, and without that I thought it was a decent cigar.

But I will agree... Pre-light was better than during
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I'v eonly had one so far but I have to agree its only an average stick. I let another one down or a while hoping it'd get better.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I got two of these today and I hope I will like them. Seems to be mixed opinions though. Well after a few weeks in the humi I will know..