Home General Discussion

There's some really good peeps out there...

No Lassy... Not those kinda peeps... You have to PM me to get those pictures...

Anywho... I'm pretty sure most of you read about my horrible experience with an online vendor of cigar accesories recently... I posted the details on a bunch of cigar forums...

On one of these forums, and just to be polite I won't mention which, but let's just say it's the only other forum out there worth being a member of... ;) One of the fellows PMd me and let me know that he was sorry for what had happened, and that if I wanted he would sell me a humi for just what I got refunded from my bum purchase...

After getting the info on it, I realized just what a fantastic deal it was... This was a humi that was running about $160 on the cheapest sites... HUGE, holds about 500 sticks... To sell it for the $99 that I was refunded was a fantastic gesture and obviously a loss to him... He didn't even charge me for shipping, and this puppy was like 20 lbs! I gratiously accepted...

When it arrived, not only was it in great condition, but he had included numerous extras that went well above and beyond what was expected... He included a nice digital hygrometer... a nice humidifier with crystals, and much to my surprise a little bonus pack of smokes... Not just run of the mill smokes... No No... He included an Opus X, an Aston VSG, and a Padron '26 Anniversary!!

Just yet another reminder of what a fantastic community of peeps we have out there in the cigar world, and one more reason I'm so proud to consider myself one of them!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Wow, that's awesome Greg, glad to hear your bad experience turned out to have a happy ending.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Great story, Shirley... and some sirius props to the man behind that incredibly, outrageously generous gift!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I am a believer that good things happen to good people.. you would have spent close to that for the cigars, hygrometer, humidifier and beads. He must have taken the lesson of the great people at Drew Estates. A good word will always be heard.
  • ebitlerebitler Posts: 57
    This is great info to here being that I'm new to the cigar community. Its almost like the brotherhood I have at work with my fellow firefighters/paramedics. I just hope that soon enough my collection is able to help fulfill the wants/needs of fellow BOTL.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    This one of the great stories... Awesome indeed!

And an unbelievably gracious thank you for the man responsible for helping to keep cigars a fun and friendly habit, no matter what the smoking bans say
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    wow, that is a thing of rarity. It's the most generous story I've ever heard. Glad to hear such a great story.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    What's that movie, Pay it Forward?

Which reminds me, I ordered that $3,500 humidifier that Alex offered up in that clearance deal and that baby never showed up. Just saying.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    And I purchased Arturo Fuente -- the whole company -- but here I am, still hanging out with you losers. Where's my hacienda?
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    urbino:
    And I purchased Arturo Fuente -- the whole company -- but here I am, still hanging out with you losers. Where's my hacienda?

I have a jackstand and a pair of fuzzy slippers... will they do?

BTW I LOVE your Signatures...
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Wheres my Porche
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I'll work for you... as long as YOU are the one reading to me as I roll your cigars

I can't wait to roll me a "Urby Maduro"