Home General Discussion

what is this?

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
in THIS thread, i mentioned that i had a Hoyo de Monterrey that i thought was a discontinued blend. since i never knew much about it i decided to look for it online. after two days of time consuming searches, i found nothing. i am posting pics here in hopes of at least finding a name for this cigar.
sorry about the large size i wanted to include as much detail as i could.

Comments

• ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    i searched all over the internet and i used different names for each search. Is it possible that they do something similar to rocky patel by specially making cigars for certain places? For intance in memphis we get a cigar made by rocky patel and its called "beale street" and to my understanding its only sold in memphis tn off of beale street and no where else and it can't be found by searching the internet.. anyways maybe hoyo does something similar than that.....just a guess
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I don't know what it is, but its one good lookin cigar.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    t_evan50:
    I don't know what it is, but its one good lookin cigar.
    +1
  • MBISONMBISON Posts: 45
    It was a limited edition cigar produced by Hoyo de Monterey back in 2007 or 08...... cant remember much details about it but I believe it was called "Hoyo de Monterey Seleccion del Arte" or something similar...... sorry I cannot provide much details since I never had one..... I do remember the band though.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    MBISON:
    It was a limited edition cigar produced by Hoyo de Monterey back in 2007 or 08...... cant remember much details about it but I believe it was called "Hoyo de Monterey Seleccion del Arte" or something similar...... sorry I cannot provide much details since I never had one..... I do remember the band though.
    This would be correct! And after a quick good search I came up with this!

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=CB-YHA4550

I'm sure someone can post that as a link for me... lol If not just copy and paste. Awesome looking score for ya there Kuz.
    PuroFreak:
    MBISON:
    This would be correct! And after a quick good search I came up with this!

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=CB-YHA4550

I'm sure someone can post that as a link for me... lol If not just copy and paste. Awesome looking score for ya there Kuz.
    YAYYYY!!! Do we get a prize or what???? LOL
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    freakin AWESOME! thank you guys. prize?
    MBISON and puro shoot me a PM ill see what i can do for you guys. good lookin out.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Cool when the answer leads you back home!
    this cigar was given to me by one of the BORKs at the Michigan/ohio herf last febuary. I figured out that out by the date it entered my humidor. 2-28-10
    who gave this to me?
    im guessing Brandon. if anyone was at that herf please get back to me about it. i have questions.

the original release date was in 2003 at the then named RTDA as a very Short run LE. i did a quick search since and i see that there are no places that have them anymore.
    Diamondog:
    Cool when the answer leads you back home!
    i thought the same thing.
    im usually good at finding info on rare cigars. i just couldnt get the name right and thus didnt run the right searches in. ccom comes through again.

best forum ever.
    kuzi16:
    freakin AWESOME! thank you guys. prize?
    MBISON and puro shoot me a PM ill see what i can do for you guys. good lookin out.
    Kuz..... PM sent
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Anyonoe hear from Brandon? I know he fell on hard times and then moved.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    not in awhile and he was good peeps too ...
    gmill880:
    not in awhile and he was good peeps too ...
    no kiddin. i think he is on facebook.

MBISON i PMed you back.