Home General Discussion

ISOM question...

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any of you BOTL's ever received any ISOMs that had cellos on them?

Marty

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I have not. To my knowledge, ISOMS don't come in cello.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I have bought more ISOMS than my wallet cares to admit and I have never seen one in cello, single or in box...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the cuban tradition is to have no cellophane on them.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I could well be mistaken, but I think some machine made cigars come in cellophane.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I could well be mistaken, but I think some machine made cigars come in cellophane.
    no, you are not mistaken. now that i put a bit of thought into it, i have seen many cuban machine made cigars that have cellophane on them.

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    j0z3r:
    This. But otherwise, no they shouldn't have cello. If they do, they may very well be counterfeit.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    j0z3r:
    This. But otherwise, no they shouldn't have cello. If they do, they may very well be counterfeit.
    +1
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    While we're at it, any suggestions on a good introductory ISOM?
    Light 'em up.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Partagas Series P
    Sounds good, thanks.
    Light 'em up.
    JCizzle:
    Partagas Serie D No.4, Monecristo No. 2 or No. 4
    docbp87:
    JCizzle:
    Awesome, I'm bookmarking all three choices and adding them to my list. Thanks, guys.
    Light 'em up.
    JCizzle:
    docbp87:
    JCizzle:
    Awesome, I'm bookmarking all three choices and adding them to my list. Thanks, guys.
    They are all pretty easy to come by, as they have annually pretty high production numbers (hell, I wouldn't be shocked if the Monte 4 is made in EVERY DAMN FACTORY ON THE ISLAND), but famous, and much loved flavor profiles. They aren't necessarily the BEST CCs, just some of the most popular, and overall representative sticks.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    JCizzle:
    La Gloria Cubana, Fonseca #1, El Rey del Mundo choix supreme...those are nice, lighter bodied cigars. In the medium-full category, the aforementioned Partagas Serie P and Serie D #4, Bolivar petit coronas and belicosos finos, Romeo y Julieta petit coronas and churchills, H Upmann #2 Magnum 50 and Magnum 46, San Cristobal Murallas. Hard to confine myself to just a few recommendations, but those are all cigars I've had very good experiences with.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Trinidads are good too, kinda pricey though
    Jetmech_63:
    The Reyes can be found for pretty low prices in boxes of 24 usually, but other than those, yeah, the Trinis tend to be pricey.
  • GHausGHaus Posts: 74
    I've really enjoyed Montecristo #2 and Romeo y Julieta.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    jlmarta:
    Any of you BOTL's ever received any ISOMs that had cellos on them?

Marty

Sorry going back to the original question of this thread...some do, but mostly machine mades such as flor de canos, la flor de caney, Troyas, Balindas, guantanameras, ERMs and some other machine made. but as far as I know they have all been discontinued for a while. There were some hand mades that came in cello, Por Larrangas, FDCs, and a few others, but if thats what you got they would be way old, 15+ years ago easy. EDIT - Shucks just read further down....yeah Kuzi and Joezer were right on earlier. same as above.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    San Cristobal Murallas.
    Excellent stick for sure. I was gifted a few and they were absolutely amazing. If you can find an ISOM Cohiba, they are pretty good to, as long as it's the genuine article. I just got gifted a Cohiba Siglo IV and after doing the research on the band, I found it's the real deal so woohoo.
    Awesome, I appreciate it. At the very least that is enough variety to make some comparisons and see which ones I gravitate towards.
    Light 'em up.
  • JY001JY001 Posts: 49
    I have a couple of boxes of Flor de Cano Selectos Cello 1998. They are machine made and come in Cello. They are authentic Cuban cigars That I bought directly from a LCDH in Europe. It's a decent smoke even though is is a short filler. It's not complex but you do get that typical tang that only a Cuban can provide. image
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    JCizzle:
    Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure #2
    docbp87:
    JCizzle:
    doc, those are excellent choices...those were my first...Partagas Serie D No. 4 and Montes No.4
    Jetmech_63:
    Just ordered a box of 09s today...heard good things about the Reyes...hope they live up to the hype!
    JY001:
    I have a couple of boxes of Flor de Cano Selectos Cello 1998. They are machine made and come in Cello. They are authentic Cuban cigars That I bought directly from a LCDH in Europe. It's a decent smoke even though is is a short filler. It's not complex but you do get that typical tang that only a Cuban can provide.
    Yep. As has been said before, machine made, short filler sticks are the only thing that you'll find in Cello.
    Do glass covered Cohiba's count? ;+)
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    JY001:
    Do glass covered Cohiba's count? ;+)
    I've never seen those either, tubos yes, glass tubos no...
    Glass topped Cohiba's fakes are common in the Mexican cruise ports.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    JY001 you have a PM ...
    gmill880:
    JY001 you have a PM ...
    None received.