Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

PIF Bomb Contest

Ok,
So this bomb is inspired courtesy of Joz3r!
Joz3r bombed me recently, inspiring me to PIF and bomb one of our fellow BOTL!

So here is the contest,
Tell me about your favorite cigar generosity story.
either, being given, being gifted, giving or gifting cigars or cigar knowlege to others!
The best story wins! as judged by ME! if Im having trouble Ill assemble a Sr. Staff of Ccom forum members to help me.
--Im looking for the best story, not necessarily the most generous act--
All stories must be based in fact, but embelishing wont count against you!

Winner will get a AJ themed 5er.

Contest will end in 1 week.

Comments

• Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    OK, here's my "slightly embelleshed" version of my best giving cigar story:

I was on a cruise with my ex and her family and we were sitting in the cigar bar on board after dinner when this ugly, fat couple walked in and sat themselves near the bar.

"Get me a maduro cigar." The man belted out.

Not knowing much about cigars, Gilbert, the bar tender that week offered him a menu.

"I can't read this!" the fatman shouted, throwing the menu back at Gilbert. "I want a maduro cigar. My friend told me get a maduro and I want one of those." The jerk planted his feet up on the table in front of him.

"Sir, I'm sorry, but I don't know much about cigars and please take your feet down from the table." Gilbert was trying to be as polite as possible.

"I'll put my feet wherever I damn well please. And if you don't know anything about cigars, then why are you working in a cigar bar?!" It was obviously a losing battle for Gilbert. Though this man knew nothing about cigars, he thought he did and was apparently above any waitstaff on board. Just then, he and his ugly wife stood up on the chairs and started jumping around, flinging poop snowballs everywhere.

Just then, the door burst open and a small asian man in a suit (turned out to be head of HR on board) quietly approached the fugly couple. With one swift motion, he jump-kicked both of them and dragged them out of the bar. In awe at his professional way of handling the situation, I handed him and his buddy (another director on board) a couple of cigars (one was a La Aurora Barrel Aged - I remember that) and said thanks for handling the obnoxious couple.

I talked with the guys and they invited me to sit with them the following night with a cigar and some Don Julio Real that one of the guys had on board with him. Had that with a God of Fire Carlito and it was a good night.

Most of this story is true and I believe is written in my More Reviews post. I, of course embelleshed Gilbert's name.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    letsgowithbob had remembered that I had mentioned in one post that I liked Cuaba ISOM cigars and there was some mention of ISOM San Cristobal de la Habana. he mentioned that he travels for business and if I wanted to kick him some coin, he would hook me up. The time came and I had no cash. a month or so later, a bomb shows up with a 5pk of ISOM San Cristobal's with no note or any info. I knew who it was instantly.
    The sticks were phenomenal.
    another story is that when Cabi found out my wife was pregnant he sent me a 5lb box of super premiums including an Opus X, Anejo, LFD DL, and so many more. 20 or so sticks out of the kindness of his heart. I mean really, who gets that kind of love. It was way awesome and over the top.
    to think about it, there's just too many good brothers here that show a ton of love. It's hard to have one good bomb story
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    This was recently...EJENNE was looking to unload some stiks..and I make a suggestion that he can send to me to bomb the troops with.....well, he agreed....and he not only sent me some sticks for the troops...sent around 150 sticks, of high quality rockys, gurkha, 5 vegas, etc...the list goes on and on....He is a generous guy......the shippinh to my house cost 28 bucks alone from him....
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    This is not really about the best sticks or the most sticks but about 20 of us were on a retreat in Virgina one of my friends smoked cigars. I had smoked cigars before but it was like every so often. He gave me a well aged CAO and I loved it so I started getting in too cigars as a hobbie.One night I asked my dad did he wont to smoke one he said yes and we went and sat out back. Now me and my father had never been real close but we now had something in common we both enjoyed every night until I moved my Dad and I would sit out back for a hour or two talking and catching up on twenty some years we had next to no relationship. We now are very close friends and both are very into cigars and pipes. All of this because one guy gave me a 5 dollar CAO I would say that cigar was priceless to me.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one time at cigar camp I bombed the hell out of Joey_Joe...............
  • ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    hmmm...the only cigar story i have is from about 1 month ago, not funny but the only cigar story i have...... so one month ago i picked a few habaneros off my plant and asked a friend to eat one......and he said "no"...so i begged and begged and he kept saying "no" finally finally i said "If you eat a habanero i'll buy you a $25 cigar" he said "seriously?" i said "yes" well anyways he stil lwasnt too sure about the habanero but after a lot of encouragement the son of a *** ate the damn habanero and just to get at me didnt drink anything for 2minutes and well i lost that bet....owed him a cigar...and about 2 days later when i saw him again he told me he wished he hadnt taken that bet because it was extremely hot going him and it was like acid coming out....if you're wondering about the cigar he got..he chose an Ashton ESG, i made him light it and smoke it properly...and ever since that day he thanks me for introducing him to cigars...
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Well I think Everyone on the Boards except the New new People Know about the Massive 120 Stick Carpet Bomb the Forum guys sent me when My Mother and My wifes Mother both fell very Ill back in the late spring...... There is a Whoile thread on it that should tell you the Story. It was the most Generosity I have seen on the Boards .... It was AWESOME and Greatly Appreciated and needed.... Took my dumpy ass oiut of the Crapper and gave me Hope for Humanity!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Well I think Everyone on the Boards except the New new People Know about the Massive 120 Stick Carpet Bomb the Forum guys sent me when My Mother and My wifes Mother both fell very Ill back in the late spring...... There is a Whoile thread on it that should tell you the Story. It was the most Generosity I have seen on the Boards .... It was AWESOME and Greatly Appreciated and needed.... Took my dumpy ass oiut of the Crapper and gave me Hope for Humanity!

Mini Bomb
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I have a story that still makes me mad. A few months ago there was a new member who introduced himself on the forums and was looking for advice. Instead of typing out a page of advice I decided to send him a 5 pack of sticks I enjoy which included RP Decade, R&J Viejo, two others that I cant remember and a helix maduro. I had been putting in these helix maduros because I am single handling trying to abolish the bad name they were given from their earlier sticks.

Anyway, this guy started posting a lot and was turning into a great contributer until Johnny blue balls came by and started picking on this newby regarding his profile picture. Since he was so new (under a week) I dont think he knew that this clown would get banished and decided to leave the forums.

To this day I wonder if he left due to johnny or the helix.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I would guess the helix!!! ;) ha sorry! JWB Sucked! Keep this going lots of good stories. Couple contenders here!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    When I heard the news about the "The Face" coming out, I was excited! I said to myself, "Thats the first box of cigars I'm going to buy!" I had put my name at a B&M in a different state almost 2 months in advance. I was told that they were getting 25 boxes in and I was number 21 on the list! I was excited like a 10 year old at Christmas! Well the day finally came, and I got the call from the B&M saying they had my box ready to ship. I thought twice about it, and told him I would call back in 10 minutes. After seeing my upcoming expense for a family trip during Thanksgiving to Disney, I decided it was not that important for me to have the box of cigars. "There will always be cigars available".

Instead of calling back, I posted at this site and another if someone wanted my place in line for the box, as I would rather a fellow BOTL grab one. Within a few minutes, I had over 50 pms on two sites and I answered to the first one and gave him the details. In return, if I could buy 2 cigars. He said "No problem man". He was happy to take my place and grab the box of "The Face".

The generous BOTL asked me for my addy and said he would send me the two cigars free of charge as a "Thank You" for my place in line. I felt bad, and insisted I pay, but "NO" was the final answer! Gave him my addy and within 2 days, a package! Opened it up and found......

Blown away by the generosity, I was in shock!! I was very grateful for the cigars that were sent to me! Still a bit sad I havnt purchased a box of cigars, I thought to my self, "better things comes to those who wait". Well.....hopefully, by Christmas, I will have purchased my first box of cigars! A box of Cohiba Behikes 54!!!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Wow, great stories on here!

When I was living in Phoenix, a new B&M had opened up across the street from my work. I was a very casual cigar smoker and I didn't know much about them (still don't), I would just pick out a stick here and there and smoke it, or take the manager's suggestion and smoke whatever he recommended. Anyway, I was a pretty good customer and would buy singles here and there and the occasional box. At the cigar parties and events I would always give the manager a 6 pack of Stone Arrogant B@stard.

One day I was just in there BSing with the guy and killing time. I picked up a couple of sticks, paid for them, then he put them in a bag for me. After I paid, he slid a stick across the counter and I stopped it with my hand. "What's this?" I asked. he replied, "You can have that, but smoke it right now. I mean sit here in the shop and smoke it with me." Who was I to say no? I sat with him in the lounge and he lit up with me. I asked him about the cigar and he explained to me it was from his private selection; it was a little Ashton with a perfecto shape, and it was made in 1980, the year I was born. The celo was slightly yellow and there was this fine powder on the wrapper, which he explained happens from oils evaporating on older sticks. Anyway, 1980 was the year I was born, which he didn't know, so it was a nice gesture and a nice coincidence. I'll never forget it.
    Light 'em up.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    the package from J0z3r from his 6000 post contest.... nuff said.

Travel humi, 13 PREMIUM sticks including red and black tat tubos, Opus X, and a TAT T110! Awesome purely Awesome
    bump
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    A few months ago I was in search of a couple rare Fuente cigars that I had been wanting for a looonnng time. I read a post by our resident expert Kuzi saying he had a connection for rare Fuente products so I decided to shoot him a PM. After some checking around he replied back that he had located both cigars I was looking for and quoted me a price. I was very excited about this find and got the check book and envelope and put the check in the mail!
    As I was walking away from the mail box this girl came walking down the street!
    Girl B&W Pictures, Images and Photos
    I turned quickly to take a second look and twisted my ankle. As I stumbled around I ended up falling flat on my face... Luckily for me my neighbor was laying out catching some sun a THESE broke my fall!
    sexy Pictures, Images and Photos
    Unfortunately I bounced pretty high off of those things and hit my head on the sidewalk. I had this amazing dream while I was out cold about this angel in heaven...
    sexy girl Pictures, Images and Photos
    I awoke two days later in the hospital with my head bandaged up and two black eyes... I was trying to figure out exactly how I had gotten there when the nurse came in to check on me. She was very helpful and answered my questions.
    Naughty Nurse Pictures, Images and Photos
    As I was slowly being nursed back to health I realized that after this stay in the hospital there was no way I would be able to afford the cigars I had mailed the check for so I rushed to the computer and sent out a PM to Kuzi to just shred the check I had sent. I was very disappointed about this turn of events, but sometimes these things just happen...

When I was released for the hospital my wife drove me home and when we pulled up on our street both of our jaws hit the floor... There was our mail lady:
    postal worker Pictures, Images and Photos
    Standing next to the rubble that used to be our home!
    Papa's desctruction Pictures, Images and Photos
    Laying in the middle of the piles of bricks was a box addressed to me from Kuzi. It seems this kind and generous BOTL had enlisted the help of several other brothers here on the site and they chipped in and bought the cigars and BOMBED the crap out of me with them... In the box were the two cigars I had dreamed about for so long, the Fuente Sand Shark and the Fuente Between the Lines, along with a Lito Gomez Diez and an Air Bender!
    Photobucket
    After regaining my composure from this unbelievable act of kindness, I called a local contractor to start rebuilding our family home... She was also VERY helpful!
    worker Pictures, Images and Photos
    That is my Bomb story and IMO demonstrates 2 things.
    1. This forum has some of the most amazing and generous people I've ever known.
    and
    BOOBS Pictures, Images and Photos
    Can't believe there aren't more posts in here... COME ON PEOPLE!! lol bump bump
    Contest ends at 3:39 PM today! I will choose a winner this weekend (Maybe Monday)..... But right now I havent read them all but Im thinking Boobs may be in the lead!
  • I know I'm a bit late - but I stillw anted to tell a story - Just recently happened actually.

Ryan Johnstone (Stihlhead) and I have a cigar friend who is in the Army - and is currently deployed in Afghanistan. We wanted to sned him a nice cigar package of about 30-40 sticks. That's how it started. We talked with our Cigar Club to try and get some more donations. Over the course of labout 6 weeks we had a decent amount of cigar donations and about $30 toward shipping (Was going to cost about $80)

Our Cigar Club has some Cigar Reps that stop by every once in a while. Tim Wong (Rocky Patel), Ed Trevino (CAO), Rob Bersinger (General Cigar), Rick Metz (Bucanero) and Barney Squires (Davidoff, AVO). We decided to try to put the grip on them for some donations. Were mildly successful with getting about 40 sticks total of varying cigars.

The VP of Marketing for General Cigar (Macanudo, Partagas, H. Upmann, Romeo Y Julieta, etc) turns out to be the wife of a Marine currently deployed overseas and hears about our fundraiser - General Cigar ends up donating 2(two) boxes of Macanudo Golds (50 sticks total)

We are around 250 sticks now - and ready to ship. Talking to the post office... It'll cost just shy of $130. We begin fundraising for the shipping cost.

At the next Cigar Club we are announcing the fundraiser - and overhearing us - Is a gentleman whom I will not name (no one famous but I wouldn't feel comfortable giving his name w/out permission) who turns out to be the CEO of a local machine parts company that ships all over the country. He asks for the details of the fundraiser and not only offers to pay for the shipping completely by shipping it through his business, but he pulled out his wallet - and bought two boxes of cigars from the cigar bar. (CAO La Traviata and Perdomo Nick Stick's Maduro) for a donation. We then spent the money we had raised on a 30 count desktop humidor specifically for our friend - a Xikar lighter and cutter - and another bunch of various cigars.

We ended up sending almost 500 cigars over seas to our friend to share with his battalion... And the best part... He didn't know a thing! Here is a copy of a letter we got from someone in the battalion with the name removed (I would post pics but my comp is being... silly)

Dear Sir, My name is __________. I am a soldier in ___'s Company here at Camp Marmal. Let me just say that the package you guys sent was impressive to say the least. ___ is lucky to have caring people like you back home. It is great to get together out here and enjoy a good smoke with the group that we have here. More people are getting interested cigars so it is awesome to be able to supply them with a cigar when we all get together. And since you guys sent an awesome assortment of mild to heavy bodied cigars, we don't have to worry about someone having a bad experience. I made the mistake of giving a first time smoker a Montecristo #2 (Cuban). He smoked the whole thing but ended up being sick and dry heaving for twenty minutes. But anyway, I hope these pictures make it to you alright. Shoot me an email if you have any issues. We will have some more pictures to send after tomorrow night here also. We are bringing out a projector for cigar night tomorrow. The plan is basically to have everyone bring their hard drives so we can have a sort of family photo night. Thank you again. We all appreciate your generosity. SPC __________

Sorry for being so long winded - but thanks for anyone who read the whole thing!
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Holy h bomb! Ryan where ya been?
  • sirfoster83:
    Holy h bomb! Ryan where ya been?
    Life has become pretty active for me - lol. I used to be on the forums all the time at my job, but I lost that in July - have a new job now where I can't be online, and a g/f that I try to spend all my free time with! Also, Wednesday nights are my Cigar Club night so I get a lot of cigar talk and stuff done then!

I've been missing you guys though :-)
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Puro should win for his generosity in the pictures attached to his post!
    Ok,
    So winner(s) will be notified ... ... ... You guessed it - By MAIL!

These will ship out later this week!

Muha Muha Muha Muha ha ha ha ha! Victim(s) are in the sights!
    Fourtotheflush:
    Geez... After that laugh I'm not so sure I'm glad I entered this one. lol Sounds EVIL!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    Fourtotheflush:
    Geez... After that laugh I'm not so sure I'm glad I entered this one. lol Sounds EVIL!
    Well I'm pretty sure one should be headed your way. Hell, I was about to send you some after looking, I mean reading your subliminal, I mean story. But realized its not even my contest.
    Targets have been aquired, bays have been flooded, Torpedos away!
    One Target will hit today, one target will hit on Monday!
    Get your air raid sirens ready boys! IN COMING!!!!!!!!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    WOW! Hit today (well, yesterday - I was out all day and got the mail today) by Fouto and completely forgot about this post! A nice little care package containing a Bucanero (had another buc blend and enjoyed it), A Fernandez Signature (never had it), MOW virtue (haven't had it - been looking for one) and a Cohiba Red Dot (always a classic).

Thanks a bunch! Try to come out to Gloucester Street this Friday (17th) for the 262 event if you're not busy.
    No one should sit back on their laurels and feel safe! There is another mailbox due to explode on Monday! Maybe.