Home General Discussion

Rocky Patel event - pics

Just got home from the Rocky Patel event. I smoked the Summer Collection, it was pretty good. It had an interesting citrus note, Rocky described it as orange peel. The Autumn Collection should be in stores in the next week or two, it'll have a connecticut broadleaf maduro wrapper. The Renaissance is arriving in stores now.

I talked to Rocky about cuban cigars for a while, he thinks that when the embargo is lifted it will take at least 3-4 years before any good tobacco comes from there. He said the soil in Cuba is just destroyed from overuse, lack of fertilizer, etc.

Here are some pics of my take from the evening.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Man, I'm sooo jealous!! That looks awesome!

It'd be even cooler if you had a picture of Rocky without that ugly dweeb standing next to him.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nice haul, looks yummy...even the ashtray.

I wish he were doing an event near me, but I'll have to settle for Nick Perdomo on Saturday...you won't hear me complaining about that.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Nice Haul! Is that the Edge Sumatra! You ***.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    It'd be even cooler if you had a picture of Rocky without that ugly dweeb standing next to him.
    That's just the jealousy talking.
    madurofan:
    Nice Haul! Is that the Edge Sumatra! You ***.
    Yeah. I thought about buying 20 or so while I was there, but talked myself out of it. Should I swing by and pick some more up?
    First I want your cigar budget! He just came out with another Sumatra, I'll bring one with me when I come down there. I haven't had the Edge Sumatra in a long time so I can't really remember it to be honest but my local B&M is supposed to be getting them back.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    dutyje:
    Man, I'm sooo jealous!! That looks awesome!

It could be worse. It could be me standing next to Rocky!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Lucky ***! Why can't they do things like that by me?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    that nording is a good smoke. let it sit though. it will even out any burn issues. that may be my favorite RP product.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    that nording is a good smoke. let it sit though. it will even out any burn issues. that may be my favorite RP product.
    How long? I have another one that been tucked away for a little over 2 months. I might need to give it a try soon.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    2 months should be fine
    I disagree with kuzi's assesment and I'm not starting an aging battle again. Take a look at your Nordings, every one I've had has had some rather large veins in the wrapper. I'm thinking that there are some rather toothy leaves in this cigar that cause burn issues more so than needing rest. I've smoked a few of these. Some fresh out of the box, some after 6+ months of rest. They all have burn issues but none of mine have been bad burn issues. They are just the kind that make it burn a little croked but not canoe or anything. Its only a problem if you are like kuzi and I and constantly correct even the slightest funny burn. I forced myself to leave the last Nording I smoked alone, no touch ups. It burned a little crooked and kind of jagged but it burned just fine without any major issues all the way to my finger tips.

I love this cigar, and its quikiness adds to my love for it.