Home General Discussion

5 Vegas Triple-A Feedback

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Anybody try one yet? I would be curious to see what everyone things. I have been digging the PA Broadleaf Maduro wrappers lately. Diesel, 5 Vegas Triple A and La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte have been in constant rotation.

Comments

• nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I haven't seen them anywhere but on CI's site. How long till they're put on Ccom?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I remember asking about these a couple months ago, and I still haven't seen them available for purchase. Are they a phone-call-only cigar or something?
  • i just ordered some i've never tried a vages. The excitment is about to kill me
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    The A was really nice, I didn't actually know the AAA was Penn, and I agree, it's a fantastic leaf rivaled only by the Habano 2000, so I think I'll be trying some soon.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    So far they have been in a few sampler packs. I will get the singles up today. Boxes have still not come in but I expect them in a week or so. I will also make sure we feature these in a daily cigar deal sometime soon so you guys can try a few without breaking the bank. I would be very interested in what everyone thinks. IMHO, best 5 Vegas yet although I do really love the Miami.
    Being the best 5 Vegas yet is a pretty big claim. I'll order two of the 5ers on daily deal off your word though, lol.
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    Alex Svenson:
    So far they have been in a few sampler packs. I will get the singles up today. Boxes have still not come in but I expect them in a week or so. I will also make sure we feature these in a daily cigar deal sometime soon so you guys can try a few without breaking the bank. I would be very interested in what everyone thinks. IMHO, best 5 Vegas yet although I do really love the Miami.
    I have to second the love for the 5 Vegas Miami. But these AAA's are supposed to be better? I'll definitely be jumping on that deal when it comes out!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Thanks for posting and telling us a little about these Alex. I asked about them a while back on here to try to see what was different from the regular Series A. I am looking forward to trying them and will be watching for them on the daily deal!
  • ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Put me down for two of the 5 Vegas AAA daily deals if the price is right
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Thewelder:
    Put me down for two of the 5 Vegas AAA daily deals if the price is right
    +1
  • GarheadGarhead Posts: 41
    Alex Svenson:
    Anybody try one yet? I would be curious to see what everyone things. I have been digging the PA Broadleaf Maduro wrappers lately. Diesel, 5 Vegas Triple A and La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte have been in constant rotation.
    //////////// Just had a 5 Vegas Triple A.  Absolutely NOTHING like the regular 'A' series.  Much more dense, strong and complex.  Very spicey, full, oak and leather.  Very very nice! Reminds me of a Pepin blend....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Got a few in my hands today, so it looks like I have a Triple A to burn now. I'll report back when I finish it.
    Still planning on running a daily deal on these?
  • TheShaunTheShaun Posts: 425
    alienmisprint:
    Still planning on running a daily deal on these?
    I sent Jeff an email about it, asking if I could get a couple fivers on DD price with my last order since they take so long to get here, but he just said to look out for the DD. Hope I can get some when they go on.
    Yeah, I've been waiting to put in an order for the Triple A daily deal, lol. I'm gonna get 2-4 of the 5ers, depending on price.
    As was the case with the Diesel, I was underwhelmed with the Triple A. It just didn't do it for me.
  • TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    As was the case with the Diesel, I was underwhelmed with the Triple A. It just didn't do it for me.
    ~~~ As it stands right now I like the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte the best among the three (Diesel and 5V AAA being the other two)... having said that I really think the 5V AAA might have the most potential to age out and improve... time will tell as i have all three sittin on cedar :)
    TGO:
    j0z3r:
    ~~~ As it stands right now I like the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte the best among the three (Diesel and 5V AAA being the other two)... having said that I really think the 5V AAA might have the most potential to age out and improve... time will tell as i have all three sittin on cedar :)
    I feel the same about how they stack up, right off the bat the La Herencia is my favorite. And I do agree that the 5 V will probably do the best with some rest, hence I'll be revisiting it in a month or so and see where it's at.

I'm wondering if I just had really high hopes due to the hype and now I'm more let down than I should be.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    I know this is an old thread but I just had to make a post. I would say that the 5 Vegas Triple A is a cigar that absolutely needs a good deal of rest. I picked these up when they were fairly new at the beginning of the year and I didn’t think much of it. I smoked one right out of the pack and was very unimpressed. It was harsh and unpleasant. I tried another one about 2 months later and still didn’t like it. Over the next few months as I got new cigar they worked their way to the bottom of one of my humidors and I forgot about them. I recently took part in a few trades and as I was looking through my stash for some smokes to send I rediscovered these little beauties. I just smoked one now…and it was a home run; strong thick smoke with a good taste of leather and unsweetened espresso. It’s been about 30min since I finished and I still have a great espresso taste lingering. After about a year of resting this is one killer smoke.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I'll have to dig one of these out and try it soon. I tried 1 out of the 10 I bought and was disappointed. It wasn't a bad cigar by any means, but it was heavily hyped and I was expecting a lot.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoked one and hated it especially compared to the A. I think I have 2 resting so maybe I will revisit this one.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my fav. 5 vegas!
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I really like them but I agree on the long rest.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    The AAA was far superior to the A IMO. Not even close.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I don't like the draw on the A, the Triple A on the other hand is right up my alley...
  • i had the a the other day on little rest and was disappointed i am a huge 5 vegas fan and this is the first one i wasnt impressed with. I have a triple a resting how long should i let it rest before firing it up?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Christian_Sapp:
    i had the a the other day on little rest and was disappointed i am a huge 5 vegas fan and this is the first one i wasnt impressed with. I have a triple a resting how long should i let it rest before firing it up?
    Give it a month or few...these I consider a daily type of cigar, not something I would really age so a month or few they come in to their own...I have a coupleboxes on the way maybe I will let one rest long term...
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Just finished my revisit and it was much better.
    It's been so long since the first one, I'm wishing I took notes. Maybe it was because of earlier high expectations vs. no expectations, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. 6-8 months of resting I wanna say.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I've really liked every one I've had from little rest to lots. I will agree they get better with time though. I have a box dated Jan 09'. I'm waiting till they are 2 years old to try one from that box but I'm confident they will be really good!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    The AAA was far superior to the A IMO. Not even close.
    +1
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain