Home General Discussion

First Diesel Order

Finally ordered the sampler today. What are your favorites and why?

Comments

• PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    You will not be disappointed. I love all Diesels. Im ordering a box of UCs on friday.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    So far my favorite is the Diesel Unlimited d.5 (the smallest one). For me I seem to like the Unlimiteds a little more, although they both are insanely phenomenal, and this one has the smallest ring gauge and just seems to really explode with flavor. You'll love the sampler, great smokes.
  • agrreed...very good sampler of diesel sticks for the money
  • The UHC is just a phenomenal smoke. I still remember the first one I had, and I've smoked tons of them. The Shorty is nice, but is more mellow in comparison. I have tried a bunch of Unlimited's and they are great. I don't get the buzz from them like I do with the UHC though. The Unlimited is a more a refined, smooth smoke while the UHC just kicks my ass with tons of power and flavor. I smoke the Unlimited when I want to relax and enjoy the experience. I choose the UHC when I need something stiff, like taking a shot vs having a glass of wine. If you enjoy the Diesel line, I highly recommend you try the MOW Ruination #2. That smoke is a whole other topic.
  • i think uhc is the best the d5 was good to liked the size alot kinda tired of huge ring gauges
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Diesel Unlimited d5 are my favorite. I have three boxes resting in my humidor. I also like the price and that the cigar has some weight. I can't stand light (in hand) cigars.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    I dig the Shorties and UHC but thats only because I've only tried 1 or 2 unlimiteds and they were great just haven't had enough to make an overall conclusion
  • DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    I like them all, but the Shorty is my favorite. All the flavor of the UC, but in a more mellow form. Tons and tons of flavor in all varieties without any bite or harshness at all.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried them all in both, except for the Shorty. You won't find a bad cigar in the bunch. I even loved the 60's I got in a sampler from the Evil Twin company before I started boycotting them!
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Put me down for unlimited d.5 followed by Shorty. IMHO this is the best cigar on the market for the money. D.5 is just a hair under $3 a stick in a box. If this were one of those national brands that had massive overhead for marketing and sales people, this thing would be a $6 to $8 cigar.
  • I odered a box of the D.X Belicoso on the blind after hearing all of the great reviews; everyone was right. What a nice smoke! The 56 gage is a bit more then I like but...

I can't wait to try the Holy Cocktail..
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I got the High Octane Sampler a few weeks ago as well - the Unlimited d6 was by far my favorite - smoothest one of all IMO (didn't care much for the d5 simply because I don't like torpedoes all that much); I'm dying to try the d7 alongside the d6 before I pull the trigger and get a box
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    I got the High Octane Sampler a few weeks ago as well - the Unlimited d6 was by far my favorite - smoothest one of all IMO (didn't care much for the d5 simply because I don't like torpedoes all that much); I'm dying to try the d7 alongside the d6 before I pull the trigger and get a box
    The d.5 is the little parejo, I think you're thinking of the d.x which is the belicoso.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    I enjoyed a UHC last night. Great cigar!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Svenson:
    Put me down for unlimited d.5 followed by Shorty. IMHO this is the best cigar on the market for the money. D.5 is just a hair under $3 a stick in a box. If this were one of those national brands that had massive overhead for marketing and sales people, this thing would be a $6 to $8 cigar.
    I enjoyed this stick so much after trying the sampler that I have two boxes SOMEWHERE in the world of shipping, on the way. I am going to have to come up with something better... this double shipping just isn't working out. I already waited a couple of weeks sometimes for sticks to arrive... now it's getting close to a month !!! I haven't been this low on sticks since I first started smoking, I'm getting very worried.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    bigharpoon:
    xmacro:
    The d.5 is the little parejo, I think you're thinking of the d.x which is the belicoso.
    ah, you are correct, sir.