Home General Discussion

5 Vegas A vs AAA

Is there much difference between Vegas A and AAA as far as taste/strength is concerened?

Comments

• YES!!!

The Triple-A is a powerhouse of a cigar compared to the A. The Triple-A will knock you out if you don't have a full stomach. Just a real treat of a cigar, but not for the weak! Tons of flavor and a very good burn/construction. I find it difficult to compare the regular A with the Triple-A's. Completely different smokes.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    brizzzine:
    YES!!! The Triple-A is a powerhouse of a cigar compared to the A. The Triple-A will knock you out if you don't have a full stomach. Just a real treat of a cigar, but not for the weak! Tons of flavor and a very good burn/construction. I find it difficult to compare the regular A with the Triple-A's. Completely different smokes.
    based on the wrapper leaf alone there should be tons of difference.

the AAA has the Pennsylvania broadleaf where as the A has a Costa Rican Maduro.

for some reason i have always compared the series A with Partagas black label. its kind of a toned down version of that. the AAA has a very similar blend to the Diesel unholy cocktail. (Penn. Broadleaf wrapper and all nicaraguan filler)

so if you consider the Partagas Black a similar cigar to the Diesal unholy cocktail, then yes, the A and the AAA are comparable.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The A is a great cigar and the AAA sucks dirty bear balls.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    jsnake:
    though I am not sure that's how I would have phrased it, I feel the same why... LOVE the A and didn't have a great experience with the AAA... but I've only had one AAA... I have a few sitting around that i plan on revisiting
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I feel exactly the opposite. I like the body that the PA Broadleaf wrapper gives the AAA
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I have had neither (although I have an A in the humi waiting for spring) so I have absolutely nothing to add other than the fact that this absolutely cracked me up for some reason.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I have had a number of the A's and the draw was exactly the same on all of them, don't like it...the Triple A is far superior in all aspects imo...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    The AAA needs to rest for a good long while before it hit's it peak. Put at least 6 months on them would my advice, and yeah, they taste completely different compared to the A, at least to me.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    I had a AAA Robusto with 3 months on it yesterday and it was fabulous. My palate is not yet developed enough to comment more than "I really liked it a lot...note to self 'yes-buy again!'" Cant wait to try again with more time on it if that will make it ever better.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    jsnake:
    I have had neither (although I have an A in the humi waiting for spring) so I have absolutely nothing to add other than the fact that this absolutely cracked me up for some reason.
    ////Depends what you mean when you say, "I have had neither." I on the other hand ...well I resemble that remark, and honestly, I rather enjoy when it happens Re: 'sucking dirty bear balls'. Now if we could only figure out a way to somehow combine 'sucking dirty bear balls' with some of the daily 'hottie volunteers' I'd have an even better time! Oh, by the way, never had an 'a'.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the A, but the AAA isn't bad. I think it's a bit stronger cigar but not too much so. If you think the A is strong and a bit much then you should stick with the A for now.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I liked the A so much I traded them all away to Robbyras. I have higher hopes for the AAA, which I've yet to try but I do like the PA maduro wrapper A LOT on the diesel and LHCOF.
  • jsnake:

Quite surprised at this statement. I had one Triple-A that was a little unpleasant but the rest were fantastic.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    Heavy:
    jsnake:
    ////Depends what you mean when you say, "I have had neither." I on the other hand ...well I resemble that remark, and honestly, I rather enjoy when it happens Re: 'sucking dirty bear balls'. Now if we could only figure out a way to somehow combine 'sucking dirty bear balls' with some of the daily 'hottie volunteers' I'd have an even better time! Oh, by the way, never had an 'a'.
    I think you just earned yourself a "dirty uncle" distinction...juuuus' sayin.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    dennisking:
    jsnake:
    I feel exactly the opposite. I like the body that the PA Broadleaf wrapper gives the AAA
    same here. In fact, I think they did themselves a disservice by calling it the AAA and not giving a whole new name.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    the AAA is a much better and refined smoke than the A IMO
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    The first response in the thread said all you need to know...A is a good stogie with great flavor but medium body. The AAA is stout and packs a wallop with richer flavors.