Home General Discussion

Upcoming Daily Cigar Deals

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Get ready for some great deals tomorrow and Friday.

Thursday AM- Pinar del Rio Classico - Box of 25 - $49.95 w/ free shipping. yes this is the same brand, line and style that sells for 4 times this amount in any B and M!!

Thursday PM- gran Habano Vintage NEW SIZE!! Churchill bundle of 20 - $34.95 w/ free shipping!

Friday all Day - La Perla Habana Rojo belicoso box of 20 - $39.95 w/ free shipping!

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I want them all! Too bad I don't have much money coming in until I do my taxes :-(
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I have never had any of these. Does anyone have any insight? Maybe a good time to jump on some stock.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    This is gonna show what a newbie I am, but I've never tried any of these - can anyone comment on them?
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Maybe a good time to jump on some stock.
    That's what I'm thinking. I might have to see if someone can hold on to a box of those Gran Habanos for me!
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Gran Habano Vintage is considered one of the best value lines and bang for you buck. Rarely under $2 or with free shipping. To me that is the gem. The PDR deal is also exceptional. Check the Competition. $140 to $175 everywhere. These are the old boxes before the packaging change. I got a hell of a deal.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    But I will be out of town on Thursday, I need to get in on the GH vintage! Must e mail Kelly
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    All of them are great deals to be sure. The only one I haven't tried is the first, which is on sale tommorow. I couldn't find much on them. Alex could you describe them a bit for us? I might have to go for one of each again. I now have more cigars in transit then I have in my possession :(
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have burned a few PDR Sungrown, not bad at all.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    GAAAA!! #$%^&*!! It seems I'm gonna be spending money tomorrow
    laker1963:
    All of them are great deals to be sure. The only one I haven't tried is the first, which is on sale tommorow. I couldn't find much on them. Alex could you describe them a bit for us? I might have to go for one of each again. I now have more cigars in transit then I have in my possession :(
    To be honest I have smoked a lot of PDR but I have not smoked the Classic. Heard good things.
    Alex Svenson:
    laker1963:
    To be honest I have smoked a lot of PDR but I have not smoked the Classic. Heard good things.
    OK, just read a few reviews of this stick. It sports an Ecuadorian Connecticutt wrapper, Dominican Habano wrapper, Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers, and is considered mild to medium bodied.
    Seems like a good morning stick with a coffee. Described as bread like flavors, with some spice and almonds in the sweet spot. Great draw, lot's of smoke.
    Definately sounds like a good candidate to put away for the upcoming summer mornings.
    laker1963:
    Alex Svenson:
    laker1963:
    OK, just read a few reviews of this stick. It sports an Ecuadorian Connecticutt wrapper, Dominican Habano wrapper, Nicaraguan and Dominican fillers, and is considered mild to medium bodied.
    Seems like a good morning stick with a coffee. Described as bread like flavors, with some spice and almonds in the sweet spot. Great draw, lot's of smoke.
    Definately sounds like a good candidate to put away for the upcoming summer mornings.
    Since I have never smoked them, I will actually be buying a box myself. I need another mild smoke in the arsenal.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Lph rojo is a great stick
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I almost pulled the trigger on some Vintage the other day but held off... guess I did right!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    laker1963:
    Alex Svenson:
    laker1963:
    Since I have never smoked them, I will actually be buying a box myself. I need another mild smoke in the arsenal.
    ...For some reason I pictured you able to just walk out the door at the end of the day with any box under your arm. "see you tomorrow fellas ".... Walking through the warehouse picking up singles at will. "I think I'll try these today ".
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    If somebody held a gun to my head and said that I had to smoke one cigar the rest of my life and I had to keep it in my preferred budget, it would be the Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Bang for your buck it is awesome. Don't get me wrong, I splurge quite a bit to get premium sticks, but to me, dollar for dollar, I haven't found anything better.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    undulac:
    If somebody held a gun to my head and said that I had to smoke one cigar the rest of my life and I had to keep it in my preferred budget, it would be the Gran Habano Vintage 2002. Bang for your buck it is awesome. Don't get me wrong, I splurge quite a bit to get premium sticks, but to me, dollar for dollar, I haven't found anything better.
    +1. Curious about the Churchill size, hmmmmm maybe I'll have to buy a bigger cooler.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    PDR Classic is a good mild. Nothing special, but definitely good. I prefer the Oscuro and the Reserva. Like I said. Good stick. PDR makes quality product at reasonable prices.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    undulac:
    I have to add a +1 to this statement. As he put it, dollar for dollar I haven't found anything better than the Gran Habano Vintage 2002.

As for the other options here - I was recently talking to Mr. Tony Yan (sightunseen I believe?) about PDR, and how amazing their offerings were. Joey pointed this thread out to me, and I'd swear Alex was reading my mind. I wish to high hell that I had money right now, because I would be on that box of PDR like you wouldn't believe - take Alex's word for it... it's a GREAT deal.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I hope CCom gets the two new PDR 1878s... The Cubano Especial Capa Natural and the Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura.
    The Dominicana Oscuro is one fine smoke. I hope to carry it next year. I am working on a project with their factory right now. They make a damn fine cigar. Too many blenders in the DR are too heavily focused On using as much DR tobacco as they can. That said, PDR and MATASA (casa magna etc) are great exceptions. They really employ an arsenal of good leaf from around the world.
    kaspera79:
    Alex Svenson:
    laker1963:
    Alex Svenson:
    laker1963:
    ...For some reason I pictured you able to just walk out the door at the end of the day with any box under your arm. "see you tomorrow fellas ".... Walking through the warehouse picking up singles at will. "I think I'll try these today ".
    Lol that is how it was in the old days. I can still do that to a large extent but I have to pay for it. That said, this price on PDR is actually a little better than our employee discount believe it or not. That seldom happens but does happen from time to time.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    undulac:
    +1 I'll bet I've bought 10 bundles in the last year. Better cigar than many for 3x the price.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    If you guys can only choose one of these deals which one would you go for and why?
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    If you guys can only choose one of these deals which one would you go for and why?
    Pinar Del Rio Clasico - you will not find this cigar at that price again (my bet), and it's a GREAT smoke. The Gran Habano, as much as I love it, can be found for $40 a bundle all the time. I can't really give any input on the La Perla Habana - I have a couple in the humi, but I haven't smoked them.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    Sandman1am:
    Pinar Del Rio Clasico - you will not find this cigar at that price again (my bet), and it's a GREAT smoke. The Gran Habano, as much as I love it, can be found for $40 a bundle all the time. I can't really give any input on the La Perla Habana - I have a couple in the humi, but I haven't smoked them.
    Those La Perla Habana's are good after a short rest of a month or so. Good stick for the price. I have smoked most of them but prefer the Black Label ones, although the light brown (tan) bands were pretty good too.
  • Thanks for the great deals Alex, just grabbed a box of the Gran Habano's :)
  • +2
  • 3+
    Is Tim in today? I sent him an e-mail order for some of these today but have not heard back from him.