Home General Discussion
Options

Diamond Crown humidor problem

Just found water bleeding from the grill area, not the cap, of my new DC humidor. I think I got it before it ruined any smokes. Anyone had this happen before? Their website is extremely vague on how to contact them for warranty. Has anyone had to deal with them, and can give me any tips?

Comments

• Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    In 02 I had a problem with my DC humidifier. Leaked similar to the way you are explaining. I would call them (800) 477-1884 or contact the merchant you bought it from. JC Newman (makers of DC) are standup folks. I'm sure they will take care of you.
  • Options
    DSF62DSF62 Posts: 5
    thanks a lot. I've give them a call tomorrow
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I know that the DC humis are class items, but I just would not use anything other than beads...
  • Options
    Curious whether you contacted JC Newman and what was the response. I recently purchased a DC humidor, and was surprised (concerned) when I saw the "Made in China" sticker on the bottom. They used to be made in the US by Reed & Barton, but not anymore. I wonder what are the implications on quality. I am replacing my old humidor due to cheap bottom (no barrier), and hope that I didn't just jump out of the frying pan and into the fire.