Home General Discussion

New England HERF.. Updated Location... Updated Time

Since i will be getting my car and license back finally. I wanted to see what interest there is for a New Endland herf?

HERF Date and Location:
Feb 5th, 2011 - Cigar Masters - Worcester, MA. http://www.cigarmastersworcester.com/index.htm
Ill be there at about 2pm. I live 2 hrs away and leaving at 12.

Who's In:
RaschNuts
Cooch36 +1
Smokeater187
Rob1110
Fourtotheflush

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to smoke some stogies with you some day, you're my closest Ccom neighbor!
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    +1
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I could possibly be in for this.
  • I was thinking Mass might be best for everyone. Not sure best place to go though... Any thoughts?
    Are we looking for a cigar shop or a cigar bar?
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Depending on dates, Id be down.
  • Rob1110:
    Are we looking for a cigar shop or a cigar bar?
    Im fine with either one, or if someone has a house we can all go to. Up for any ideas.
  • im in beantown would be a blast
    The cigar bars in boston are really pricey, don't always have the best selection and only one has a full liquor license. There's a nice cigar bar in Sudbury, but that might be too much of a hike for most. They do have a full lliquor license, full walk in humi, good selection and reasonable prices.

I heard Twins in NH has a liquor license now and Two Guys in NH just got approval for a liquor license.

As for shops, there's a place in Middleton that has a few guys from the DR rolling house cigars all day. Pretty good. There's lots of other shops in the area, just depends on where you guys are looking to go or willing to travel to.
  • asolomonasolomon Posts: 128
    Unfortunately I can't join! If it had been a year ago... but if some of you are in Connecticut, or if you guys don't mind driving a bit, I highly recommend the Owl Shop in New Haven. It's got atmosphere, a good selection (of both cigars and drinks) and pretty reasonable prices. Also live music Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights! I miss Tuesday night blues like you guys wouldn't believe. And there's always a revolving door of attractive ladies staffing the place ;) When I was an undergrad and lucky enough to live a two minute walk from the place, I couldn't get enough, especially given how hard it is to find a good place to smoke these days (a problem I'm dealing with in the UK right now!).
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Depending on dates, Id be down.
    Me too (I'm near Boston)
  • asolomon:
    Unfortunately I can't join! If it had been a year ago... but if some of you are in Connecticut, or if you guys don't mind driving a bit, I highly recommend the Owl Shop in New Haven. It's got atmosphere, a good selection (of both cigars and drinks) and pretty reasonable prices. Also live music Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights! I miss Tuesday night blues like you guys wouldn't believe. And there's always a revolving door of attractive ladies staffing the place ;) When I was an undergrad and lucky enough to live a two minute walk from the place, I couldn't get enough, especially given how hard it is to find a good place to smoke these days (a problem I'm dealing with in the UK right now!).
    I gotta check this place out I'm only 25 min away
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206

Nother Mainer here.. but relatively new to fine cigars.. so don't know of any place local.

• cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    I live in CT just 5 miles from Mass. Liveed in mass for 20 years. The poss. best location is Victory Bar in Worcester. Lots of choice's, big nice bar, side area's, entertainment. check out their web http://victorycigarbar.com/ Just saying I love Boston but you can park near this one. Top shelf liquar and beer or what every you want. I Also have A place to smoke for everyone If that works out better Man Cave! BYOB and relax Depends on number interested but ten- fifteen shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if any of this sounds good. I've been to the sudbury B&M not bad nice guy that works there but the one in Worcester is bigger with more to chose from.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Hey Colonel, where in Maine are you? I'm in Denmark way up near Bridgton/Fryeburg about 30 min. from N. Conway NH so more than likely anywhere we have this thing could be a long haul for me.
  • Rob1110:
    The cigar bars in boston are really pricey, don't always have the best selection and only one has a full liquor license. There's a nice cigar bar in Sudbury, but that might be too much of a hike for most. They do have a full lliquor license, full walk in humi, good selection and reasonable prices.

I heard Twins in NH has a liquor license now and Two Guys in NH just got approval for a liquor license.

As for shops, there's a place in Middleton that has a few guys from the DR rolling house cigars all day. Pretty good. There's lots of other shops in the area, just depends on where you guys are looking to go or willing to travel to.
    I actually went to Twins today they have a big selection and they have a bar next to it with couches and tv's.

The Worcester location wouldnt be bad either its about 2 hrs from me. id be willing to drive that. Not sure where everyone is. I know we got 3 of us in ME/NH and then i think 1-2 in MA and 1-2 in CT right?

Like Rob said it depends where everyone is willing to drive.
  • i like the Worcester location...if you check out the victory site the lady employees are quite attractive lol so 1+ for Victory
    Haven't been to the Worcester one. The owners in Worcester sold the Sudbury location to Gino and Bob (Gino later bought out Bob). Either one works for me, as well as Twins or Two guys. There was one waitress in Sudbury with nice tatas (I say this as my girlfriend is laying next to me giggling....mostly because she agrees).
  • Chris let us know if Twins is to far to drive otherwise we can got to Victory.

Little tight on funds right now. How does late Jan early Feb sound for everyone?

Also should we check with the place we go make sure they cool with however many that are going show up?
  • Rob1110:
    Haven't been to the Worcester one. The owners in Worcester sold the Sudbury location to Gino and Bob (Gino later bought out Bob). Either one works for me, as well as Twins or Two guys. There was one waitress in Sudbury with nice tatas (I say this as my girlfriend is laying next to me giggling....mostly because she agrees).
    PM Rob
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    For me, its not about the where, its about the when. I can pretty much travel anywhere, but the date is critical.
    I have a wife and twins, so between all our activities dates are hard to come by.

You guys pick a date that works for you guys and if I can make it I will be there.
    PM replied.

I'm also short on funds at the moment. Just booked a vacation with the girl and will be heading down to Mexico on the 9th for 5 nights. Feb would probably work better for me but I can't make any guarantees either way, so just plan on whatever works for everyone and I'll do my best to make it.

As for checking with the place, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if a bunch of people showed up and brought them lots of business. I find earlier on in the day is usually pretty quiet in most cigar bars. If we're planning a weekend, just keep in mind that weekend nights may get a bit busy, making it tough for a group of us to find a place to settle in.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Rob1110:
    PM replied.

I'm also short on funds at the moment. Just booked a vacation with the girl and will be heading down to Mexico on the 9th for 5 nights. Feb would probably work better for me but I can't make any guarantees either way, so just plan on whatever works for everyone and I'll do my best to make it.

As for checking with the place, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if a bunch of people showed up and brought them lots of business. I find earlier on in the day is usually pretty quiet in most cigar bars. If we're planning a weekend, just keep in mind that weekend nights may get a bit busy, making it tough for a group of us to find a place to settle in.
    Rob. Where in Mexico? We're going down Feb vacation w/kids.

On the Herf. Worcester would be doable (depending on dates) for me. NH would be a bit more of a drive. Like X, make the dates & location and if I can make, will let you know (either way).
    We're staying at the Secret's Silversands in Cancun (Maya Riviera). Can't wait. Just looking forward to relaxing in some warm weather with some good cigars, good booze, good food and mostly, my girl. Have you been before? Just saw there's a Casa del Habano in Cozumel and one in Playa del Carmen, so that's a plus.
  • Ok so here is what im thinking let me know if this will work.

Dates: Feb 5th or Feb 19th Both are saturdays.

Location - Worcester - Victory Cigar. If no one from CT can make it might switch to Twins. Little closer for us in NH and ME.

Ill prob end up bringing a buddy or two from work with me.
  • 5th works for me
    I should be ok on either day, either place and may drag someone or two with me as well.
  • sounds good.

I say lets plan the for the 5th at Victory. Any of you guys have a specific time you want to meet there? or figure it out when we are closer to Feb 5th
  • Maybe decide a little later but maybe a early mid afternoon type deal that way we can be settled if it does get busy at night
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Durham, bout 15 miles west of Brunswick.. but a long way from Mass or CT..