Home General Discussion

Lead time on orders

First HI.
First post here. I have been lurking and learning for a few months. Seems to be an extremely large amount of knowledge here.

On to my question. I made an order on the 26th and it has yet to be shipped according to my account. Just wondered what the average wait time was for orders to be shipped. I joined COTM and can't wait to receive them.
Thanks,
Shawn

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Well, you could've had a bit of delay due to the holiday. Typically, I receive CCom orders via USPS priority, and it gets to me within 3 days at the most - take into account here that I am across the country from the warehouse. I think that either a) there was a delay in shipping due to the holiday, or b) your account info just hasn't been updated.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    sashby76:
    First HI. First post here. I have been lurking and learning for a few months. Seems to be an extremely large amount of knowledge here. On to my question. I made an order on the 26th and it has yet to be shipped according to my account. Just wondered what the average wait time was for orders to be shipped. I joined COTM and can't wait to receive them. Thanks, Shawn
    where do you live and how was it shipped? If you click the Account tab and look up your order history, there should be a tracking number there.
  • 3 days depending on what you pay for as far as shipping...2nd delivery means 3 days from purchase. I have an order going prioty mail that I placed late on the 27th, shipped on the 28th, due to me on the 30th.
    It has not been an issue unless you used regular shipping 5-7 days...then who knows.

I don't like my sticks bouncing around in the mail too long, thats never a good thing.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Kind of obvious, but did you order anything that was out of stock? I had something delayed recently and that was the reason.
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Oh I forgot, Welcome to the forum.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    sashby76:
    I joined COTM and can't wait to receive them.
    Did you order cigars, or did you order the COTM? Because cigars are usually shipped out same day as long as you order before 3pm EST, but COTM is only shipped out once a month, in the last week or so. If you ordered COTM, you may have missed this months shipment
  • I did order both a sampler and COTM. All items show as in stock and order not yet shipped.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    All in stock items ordered before 3pm Monday through Friday ship same day always. EST. Orders after 3pm or on weekends ship next business day. If you log in to your account you should be able to check the order status or feel free to email service@cigar.com. That said, I see you ordered cigar of the month club. The club ships once a month so that packages arrive to customers on or about the first day of each month. So if you sign up on the 20th, your first month will arrive in the first of the following month. Fir example, the January cigar of the month packages started shipping today.
  • Thanks for the reply Alex. I will email. I checked my account and that is where I got the order not yet shipped status. I had assumed the cigar of the month to not come until at least next week. Again thanks!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    My orders always arrive amazingly fast. Faster still when I order directly through the beard. Not kidding, There have been multiple occasions where I order at noon on friday and get my order noon saturday. I love this about CCom. I live in Va too, so It's not like I'm down the road.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Lately I've been getting my stuff in 6-7 days, which is great considering they travel 8,000 miles to get to me.
    Light 'em up.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Alex says, if you order before 3 PM on Monday through Thursday, it ships out that day. I'm lucky, I always get mine the next morning because I'm about an hour and a half from Syracuse, a UPS hub.

I try not to order on a Friday unless it's a fantastic deal, because it ships out, but sits in the hub in Syracuse until Monday.

Welcome aboard!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    YankeeMan:
    As Alex says, if you order before 3 PM on Monday through Thursday, it ships out that day. I'm lucky, I always get mine the next morning because I'm about an hour and a half from Syracuse, a UPS hub.

I try not to order on a Friday unless it's a fantastic deal, because it ships out, but sits in the hub in Syracuse until Monday.

Welcome aboard!
    Yankee they can hold the order for you and send it out on Mon so it doesn't sit on the back of a truck or in some warehouse. They are holding an order for me right now because I know it wouldn't make it here before the holiday weekend.