Home General Discussion

Foot Locker-a-dor

Finished up the prototype on the Foot Locker idea....

The idea is to have a base model.... something like what is shown... and then be able to customize as desired.

Construction is plywood (but can be hardwoods if a chosen option)... Or one of the many available plywoods.... Walnut, Cherry, Mahogany, Oak, etc... and other options can be available...

The base price on one of these is going to be $275... and that's pretty much as you see it here.... Add a full tray, 4" deep and it'll be $310. Any other options will be built off this model.

Anyways... here's the prototype...

30" x 14" x 16"

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Ummm....frak me. This is seriously something I'd consider at some point. Looks great dude!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Looks awesome and pretty well priced.. Any ballpark estimate on how many sticks it could hold? Maybe too soon to ask that but....
  • PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    Hays:
    Ummm....frak me. This is seriously something I'd consider at some point. Looks great dude!
    FRAK? A Battlestar Galactica reference? Glad to see there are other geeks here. I wonder how many geeks are in this family
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!! I might have to look into this later this year or early next year for my new in home office.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    PsychoSJG:
    Hays:
    FRAK? A Battlestar Galactica reference? Glad to see there are other geeks here. I wonder how many geeks are in this family
    Me too - love me some BSG!

• if you can make one half that size, i'm sold.
  • No problem... Email or pm the dims and we can get ya what you want.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might have to get on the list for one of these. I like it.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Looks nice! Perfect solution for the guys that need some serious storage!
  • JarvisJarvis Posts: 6
    O
    The Sniper:
    PsychoSJG:
    Hays:

yeah who doesnt i wish they still show it in the uk, because im to cheap to buy the box sets ha ha. I may attemp something like this but stain or varnish prefer the finish and not so grand a scale what joints do you use dove tail ?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Ok, WM, so educate me on the difference between plywood and something like walnut or solid oak - any difference? Is the difference worth the extra cost?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    xmacro:
    Ok, WM, so educate me on the difference between plywood and something like walnut or solid oak - any difference? Is the difference worth the extra cost?
    wouldnt it be cheaper and stronger?
    as long as it is lined with spanish cedar there shouldnt be any difference in how it holds rH and otherwise handles cigars.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    whats the estimated holding count on this? And im guessing Mahogany will impact the price a fair amount.
  • NYHCx516x:
    whats the estimated holding count on this? And im guessing Mahogany will impact the price a fair amount.
    Probably about 1,000... Not sure what Mahogany ply is running, but then you'd want to trim it up as well.... so, It would impact the price some.
  • xmacro:
    Mainly aesthetics.... it's the SC that counts....
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    PsychoSJG:
    Hays:

The new BSG was fantastic. now the caprica is crap.

Nice looking footlocker there.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    The Sniper:
    PsychoSJG:
    Hays:

The new BSG was fantastic. now the caprica is crap.

Nice looking footlocker there.
    Guess I've gotta come clean here... I've never watched BSG to be honest. I started saying Frak years ago just as an alternative to my favorite curse ;-)... eventually read that it was used in BSG, so I did know that, but yeah, never seen the show.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    WaxingMoon:
    NYHCx516x:
    Probably about 1,000... Not sure what Mahogany ply is running, but then you'd want to trim it up as well.... so, It would impact the price some.
    Good god thats huge, much too much for me and my at this point... 1 or 2 stick a month. lol. Ill figure out something though and get in touch, im getting much closer to being in the market for something smaller but nice. maybe 250-300 stick count.