Home General Discussion

Custom sampler, any suggestions?

So since I'm still pretty new to cigar smoking (only been at it for a month or so) I figured I'd try one of Cigar.com's custom samplers and try to get a variety of different cigars. Here's my current list, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions of must-have cigars that are on the custom sampler list.

What I'm lookin at so far:
Camacho Corojo Ltd. 8/22 Torpedo (Cigar.com Exclusive),
Carlos Torano Cameroon 1916 Robusto,
Cohiba Red Dot Robusto,
Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Belicoso,
Gurkha Regent Toro,
Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo,
Nub 466,
Perdomo Reserve Cameroon R,
Playboy by Don Diego Robusto,
Rocky Patel Sun Grown Torpedo,
Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet No. 2 (Torpedo),
Sol Cubano Sumatra Robusto.

I tried to get a pretty good variety of different styles/brands, while still trying to make sure that each cigar I chose was a >$5 cigar so that I'd get my money's worth.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edit: Crap. Cigar.com's forums won't let me use the Enter key for some reason. Sorry.
Edit2: Thanks Urbino

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    musiciannameddave:
    So since I'm still pretty new to cigar smoking (only been at it for a month or so) I figured I'd try one of Cigar.com's custom samplers and try to get a variety of different cigars. Here's my current list, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions of must-have cigars that are on the custom sampler list. What I'm lookin at so far: Camacho Corojo Ltd. 8/22 Torpedo (Cigar.com Exclusive), Carlos Torano Cameroon 1916 Robusto, Cohiba Red Dot Robusto, Don Pepin Garcia Serie JJ Belicoso, Gurkha Regent Toro, Montecristo Media Noche Edmundo, Nub 466, Perdomo Reserve Cameroon R, Playboy by Don Diego Robusto, Rocky Patel Sun Grown Torpedo, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet No. 2 (Torpedo), Sol Cubano Sumatra Robusto. I tried to get a pretty good variety of different styles/brands, while still trying to make sure that each cigar I chose was a >$5 cigar so that I'd get my money's worth. Thoughts? Suggestions? Edit: Crap. Cigar.com's forums won't let me use the Enter key for some reason. Sorry.
    Well, that list looks like it should please most any cigar smoker I know..Nub, Gurkha, Perdomo, Patel, Pepin, Torano, and I really like the Montecristo and Sol Cubanos. You made some fine selections...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Looks like a great sampler, dave.

Use <br> tags to create line breaks.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That sampler sounds like a good one...get two and send one to me. :)
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Wow.. that's a fantastic selection. The quality of the sticks available on the Custom Sampler varies pretty dramatically, and it's always changing. That's an excellent list you've put together already.