Home General Discussion

dud. im f*** up

ok. so my first time seriosly drinking. and smoking. and im uber buzzed. like. not able to type well. so dont duge me. beause i havnt had a dink in over 3 hours. but i am uber buzzed....... ok so that first part was at around 5 this morning. and now im awake but in the middle of writing that, i ran out side and puked for about 30 minutes. then fetal positioned myself out on the side on the sidewalk. and its now 12:23 and i dont have a hang over? kinda kewl. my head feel some pressure but credit must be given to the concrete slab i sleeped on prolly for that one. i had 1 strate shot of vodka, 2.5 shots of vodka mixed in a cup with monster energy drink, 2 shots of Bacardi mixed with monster, 2 swigs of Bacardi, 1 swig of mohito, and 1 beer. the beer sucked at first, but when i was tipsy, i drank it pretty easy. and i didnt get a hang over? and i wouldnt of thrown up if i didnt have a cigar after? cigars can make me puke, but not that much alcohol? weird. so i guess im just saying, that i guess i found my uber hard core cigar that can kick me on ass. its alot of alcohol and a mild cigar. lol

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    ROFL!!! That was funny stuff

For some people (like me), if you vomit before you go to sleep, you avoid a hangover. If you vomit during the night, or the next day, you'll be hurting for a long time. YMMV. A good way to prevent a hangover after you've been over-served is to drink lots water and stay awake for several hours. The best way to prevent a hangover is to not get that messed up to begin with.
  • sanesane Posts: 151
    A good way to prevent a hangover is of course not to drink so much as stated above, and to drink lots of water. I drink about one glass of water to every drink. Also if you drink top shelf and not well alcoholic you won't have as bad of a hangover.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Sounds like quite a night, max. I have your hangover, btw, if you'd like to come pick it up. I've had it all day . . . and I didn't even have anything to drink last night.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    wow, well cheers! eat or drink more water dude.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    That was me on Saturday night. I hadn't had a drink in over 30 days. I was playing with one of the bands I play with and got hammered. I was double fisting at one point. :-)
    That's why I'm a self taught lush. =)
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    wmaxham:
    ok. so my first time seriosly drinking. and smoking. and im uber buzzed. like. not able to type well. so dont duge me. beause i havnt had a dink in over 3 hours. but i am uber buzzed....... ok so that first part was at around 5 this morning. and now im awake but in the middle of writing that, i ran out side and puked for about 30 minutes. then fetal positioned myself out on the side on the sidewalk. and its now 12:23 and i dont have a hang over? kinda kewl. my head feel some pressure but credit must be given to the concrete slab i sleeped on prolly for that one. i had 1 strate shot of vodka, 2.5 shots of vodka mixed in a cup with monster energy drink, 2 shots of Bacardi mixed with monster, 2 swigs of Bacardi, 1 swig of mohito, and 1 beer. the beer sucked at first, but when i was tipsy, i drank it pretty easy. and i didnt get a hang over? and i wouldnt of thrown up if i didnt have a cigar after? cigars can make me puke, but not that much alcohol? weird. so i guess im just saying, that i guess i found my uber hard core cigar that can kick me on ass. its alot of alcohol and a mild cigar. lol
    Drink up son... Let 'ol Lasabar teach you the ways...

Now the first thing to do is to call everyone on your contacts list and make an ass of yourself.
    Make sure you are wearing your favorite shirt and vomit all over it
    and be sure to go an put holes in the walls, ya know... holes that everyone can see, not just ones you can hide
    Truly, you are the alcoholic's Yoda.
  • Whether the cigar is mild or not, cigars deliver a pretty good dose of nicotine. considerably more than that of a cigarette. If you are not a regular smoker nic can make you pretty nauseous. That said, Im jealous, being halloween night I was able to drink a fair amount tonight but all the smoke shops were closed by the time I was done with work and i have no cigars.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    O would ralph if I drank that much now a days. Anyting more than 3-4 drinks is a bit much. I got 3 year olds running around, os hang overes are really really bad.
    Lasabar:
    wmaxham:
    Drink up son... Let 'ol Lasabar teach you the ways...

Now the first thing to do is to call everyone on your contacts list and make an ass of yourself.
    Make sure you are wearing your favorite shirt and vomit all over it
    and be sure to go an put holes in the walls, ya know... holes that everyone can see, not just ones you can hide
    lol, yeah that's how ya do it!
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    urbino:
    I was kinda thinking Sith Lord...
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Wafflebob:
    Whether the cigar is mild or not, cigars deliver a pretty good dose of nicotine. considerably more than that of a cigarette. If you are not a regular smoker nic can make you pretty nauseous. That said, Im jealous, being halloween night I was able to drink a fair amount tonight but all the smoke shops were closed by the time I was done with work and i have no cigars.
    I'm always surprised when people say this... While I agree that if you were to do an extraction of a cigarette and cigar and compare the amount of nicotine that the cigar would hands down be the winner, I have to respectfully disagree that you get far more nicotine out of a cigar than a cigarette...

To begin with, every cigarette smoker is aware of that "head rush" you get from the first cigarette of the day... I NEVER get that with a cigar... Well, actually I have once, but that was an infused cigar and I'm not sure what the hell it was infused with but it damn sure wasn't the nicotine that had my head spinning... Thanks JD... Anyway...

First and foremost since a cigar is not inhaled, the only path for nicotine to get into the body is through absorbtion into saliva. While this does deliver nicotine, it is my belief that it is a) much slower than with a cigarette and b) much smaller amouts...

Couple that with the fact that because of much slower draw rates, a fair amount of the cigar burns up not being delivered to the mouth, versus a cigarette where the smoker tends to not want much to go to waste, and I just don't think you have much being delivered...

Now before I make this last statement, let me clarify by saying that I do wholeheartedly believe that nicotine is NOT the primary component of cigarettes that makes them so addictive... I firmly believe that it's the other crap additives that they throw in there that do that...

Still though, nicotine IS addictive to some degree... So if cigars deliver so much more of it than a cigarette then why is it I can go weeks or months without a cigar and not think twice about it, whereas I can ASSURE you if I were to pick up a single cigarette and smoke it today it wouldn't be more than a few hours till I was jones'n for another...

I was a smoker for about 10 years and went through a hell of a struggle to kick the habit... Several times when I would quit I would be done for months and months, think I had fully kicked it, and then one bad day... I'd pick up a cig and boom I was right back where I started...

I was introduced to cigars by a friend, and quite frankly my BIGGEST fear was that I would suddenly be sucked back into smoking cigarettes again... Not only haven't I, but as I said, much like other cigar smokers, I can go however long I choose between smokes and not get even so much as a craving...

Seeing the differences of the effects between the two, I once again just can't believe for a moment that I'm getting far more nicotine out of a cigar than even a single cigarette...

Well, at least not MOST cigars... (Thanks again JD) LOL
    rusirius:
    urbino:
    I was kinda thinking Sith Lord...
    Naw. Lassy's much too cuddly for that.
  • is that considerd a hangover amount though?
  • phobicsquirrel:
    That's why I'm a self taught lush. =)
    I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. I'm yet to boot off of combining alcohol and cigars.
  • rusirius:
    Wafflebob:
    Whether the cigar is mild or not, cigars deliver a pretty good dose of nicotine. considerably more than that of a cigarette. If you are not a regular smoker nic can make you pretty nauseous. That said, Im jealous, being halloween night I was able to drink a fair amount tonight but all the smoke shops were closed by the time I was done with work and i have no cigars.
    I'm always surprised when people say this... While I agree that if you were to do an extraction of a cigarette and cigar and compare the amount of nicotine that the cigar would hands down be the winner, I have to respectfully disagree that you get far more nicotine out of a cigar than a cigarette... To begin with, every cigarette smoker is aware of that "head rush" you get from the first cigarette of the day... I NEVER get that with a cigar... Well, actually I have once, but that was an infused cigar and I'm not sure what the hell it was infused with but it damn sure wasn't the nicotine that had my head spinning... Thanks JD... Anyway... First and foremost since a cigar is not inhaled, the only path for nicotine to get into the body is through absorbtion into saliva. While this does deliver nicotine, it is my belief that it is a) much slower than with a cigarette and b) much smaller amouts... Couple that with the fact that because of much slower draw rates, a fair amount of the cigar burns up not being delivered to the mouth, versus a cigarette where the smoker tends to not want much to go to waste, and I just don't think you have much being delivered... Now before I make this last statement, let me clarify by saying that I do wholeheartedly believe that nicotine is NOT the primary component of cigarettes that makes them so addictive... I firmly believe that it's the other crap additives that they throw in there that do that... Still though, nicotine IS addictive to some degree... So if cigars deliver so much more of it than a cigarette then why is it I can go weeks or months without a cigar and not think twice about it, whereas I can ASSURE you if I were to pick up a single cigarette and smoke it today it wouldn't be more than a few hours till I was jones'n for another... I was a smoker for about 10 years and went through a hell of a struggle to kick the habit... Several times when I would quit I would be done for months and months, think I had fully kicked it, and then one bad day... I'd pick up a cig and boom I was right back where I started... I was introduced to cigars by a friend, and quite frankly my BIGGEST fear was that I would suddenly be sucked back into smoking cigarettes again... Not only haven't I, but as I said, much like other cigar smokers, I can go however long I choose between smokes and not get even so much as a craving... Seeing the differences of the effects between the two, I once again just can't believe for a moment that I'm getting far more nicotine out of a cigar than even a single cigarette... Well, at least not MOST cigars... (Thanks again JD) LOL
    Really? Because trying to quit dipping is far worse than quitting smoking (I should know,) and there is less chemicals in dip than cigarettes.
  • suprchunk:
    rusirius:
    Wafflebob:
    I'm always surprised when people say this... While I agree that if you were to do an extraction of a cigarette and cigar and compare the amount of nicotine that the cigar would hands down be the winner, I have to respectfully disagree that you get far more nicotine out of a cigar than a cigarette... To begin with, every cigarette smoker is aware of that "head rush" you get from the first cigarette of the day... I NEVER get that with a cigar... Well, actually I have once, but that was an infused cigar and I'm not sure what the hell it was infused with but it damn sure wasn't the nicotine that had my head spinning... Thanks JD... Anyway... First and foremost since a cigar is not inhaled, the only path for nicotine to get into the body is through absorbtion into saliva. While this does deliver nicotine, it is my belief that it is a) much slower than with a cigarette and b) much smaller amouts... Couple that with the fact that because of much slower draw rates, a fair amount of the cigar burns up not being delivered to the mouth, versus a cigarette where the smoker tends to not want much to go to waste, and I just don't think you have much being delivered... Now before I make this last statement, let me clarify by saying that I do wholeheartedly believe that nicotine is NOT the primary component of cigarettes that makes them so addictive... I firmly believe that it's the other crap additives that they throw in there that do that... Still though, nicotine IS addictive to some degree... So if cigars deliver so much more of it than a cigarette then why is it I can go weeks or months without a cigar and not think twice about it, whereas I can ASSURE you if I were to pick up a single cigarette and smoke it today it wouldn't be more than a few hours till I was jones'n for another... I was a smoker for about 10 years and went through a hell of a struggle to kick the habit... Several times when I would quit I would be done for months and months, think I had fully kicked it, and then one bad day... I'd pick up a cig and boom I was right back where I started... I was introduced to cigars by a friend, and quite frankly my BIGGEST fear was that I would suddenly be sucked back into smoking cigarettes again... Not only haven't I, but as I said, much like other cigar smokers, I can go however long I choose between smokes and not get even so much as a craving... Seeing the differences of the effects between the two, I once again just can't believe for a moment that I'm getting far more nicotine out of a cigar than even a single cigarette... Well, at least not MOST cigars... (Thanks again JD) LOL
    Really? Because trying to quit dipping is far worse than quitting smoking (I should know,) and there is less chemicals in dip than cigarettes.
    I think Rus is on to something there though. The mouth absorbs nicotine pretty readily. Blood vessels are close to the walls and there are lots of mucous membranes. But cigar smokers tend to puff once a minute or so and they don't hold onto the smoke long. Cigarette smokers pull it right into their lungs where a lot is absorbed and people who chew have tobacco and juice directly in contact with their mouth for long periods of time. While I still think cigars give a good dose of nicotine, it's at a much slower rate. Tests have already shown that tobacco acts as a stimulant when taken quickly and a depressant when taken slowly. I'm willing to bet slow smoking changes the effect on addiction too.