Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Guess what this means....

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
Photobucket

Yeah... came home from graveyard shift at 7:15am, left my house to go to the gym at about 5pm. At least they only stole the head unit, and didn't break any windows (not even sure how they got in really, the doors were still locked - what thief has the decency to lock the doors when they leave???). Rifled through all my chit too, but doesn't seem like they took anything else. Anybody just-so-happen to have a single-din head unit lying around you wanna trade for some sticks, or sell? Let me know I guess...

(Side note: I should always work out pissed - I BLASTED through that workout...)
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Damn Hays that sucks bro. To bad you didn't catch the low-life s.o.b. in the act . Maybe you could have removed his head unit !!! Chit like that really pis_ses me off . Sorry brother , If I had anything that would help you I'd send it to ya FREE .
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    There's still a market for car radios?

• Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    That really sucks man. I remember when that happened to me years ago. It still pisses me off to this day. I have a few old cd players with detach face. They might be 10 years old but they were good last time i checked. If your interested let me know. I can always send you pics of them.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Damn Hays, that sucks man. Had this happen to me way too many times. If I was you I would check the passenger side door lock. They are pretty easy to hit with a screwdriver and a hammer and get in that way. Sorry man, that sucks.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Sucks dude...isnt that the worst feeling, knowing that some punk was going through your personal space and stealing something just to make a quick buck. Sorry I can't help you with the stereo, but maybe burning a stick would make you feel a little better?
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. If I see the SOB that did it I'll stomp a mudhole in his a$$.
    Light 'em up.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it really sucks... I worked out most of my aggression at the gym at least. Now I just have to find a cheap head-unit somewhere, because I can't go without music in my car; I'll go crazy.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Oh and Bobbo.. I just noticed your post. If they're functional, I'm interested - it's not worth me getting something fancy when it's likely just to be jacked again. PM your email or somethin..

• stephen_hannibal:
    There's still a market for car radios?

People will steal anything. Back home we had old apartment blocks that had been boarded up. A junkie dug a hole through the wall next to the dumpster, then must have spent a week stripping all the cooper pipes, light switches, and all the wires.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Hays ..... I am sorry about your car getting broken into ....... If you can hold off for a day or two to let me look around I think I may have a head unit available.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    PM to you: Pretty sure I have a spare.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    If your head unit was just the factory unit and you don't want to upgrade you might be able to get one from a U-pull-it for a few dollars. If you hadn't upgraded, you might consider it now as the head unit that comes in the Grand Am is known for being a POS. The way I always buy my electronics is probably a bit different than the way most people do it, but I always pay less than everyone I know. Let me know if you want help or want to know my method!
  • So sorry man... Wish I had a spare to hook you up with. Gotta have good tunes in the car.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Sorry to hear man. I had my S4 stolen about 8 years ago. A lot more missing than my head unit though. Had to put a watch on my credit since they got my check book and my school schedule which used to use your SS# as your student ID #. I think I have an old Sony tape player but the onboard amp is shot. Needs an external amp.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That just stinks, I hate thieves