Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

First trade? Any takers?

Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
Hey all, so I'm a newbie and haven't traded yet but I want to start, it looks like you guys have a lot of fun with it! My humi's really scattered and I have a lot of singles, so let me know what you might want and we'll trade, say 5? Also if you can let me know standard operating procedure, such as shipping method, packing material, etc. that would be great, I want to do it right. I also understand that I'll be sending first. So here's what I'm willing to part with:

La Cuna Salamon (could do all 5 of these)
La Gloria Cubana Serie R (3 of them)
Oliva Serie G Torpedo, the real small one
A torpedo-size AJ Fernandez blend that has a La Cuna band on it, but isn't La Cuna, were sold here a year or two ago, I think AJ made it for or with Alex or something if memory serves. Great smoke. Three of them.
Nub Maduro Torpedo (got 3)
Nub Habano x2
Alec Bradley MAXX
Gurkha Centurian
Fonseca Salamon
Rocky Patel Rosado
Rocky Patel American Market Select (2 of those)
Rocky Patel Decade seconds torpedo size, (3 of those)
Padilla Habana Barber Pole Figurado 5 Vegas Limitada Torpedo

Most, if not all of these have 9-12 months+ in my humidor, which I maintain somewhat obsessively at 68-70RH, so they should be ready to smoke as soon as they get over the travel.

I'm more than willing to make a trade for 5 cigars of your choosing, I trust you guys and your judgment. I like flavor and complexity, and I like maduros. I'm particularly a fan of Diesel, all MoW's (haven't tried ruination yet, but all others), Decade, and even milder ones with good flavor like the Gurkha Park Ave.
^Troll: DO NOT FEED.

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    are you looking for a sort of blind trade basically? if so I could do a 5'r or so trade with ya
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    are you looking for a sort of blind trade basically? if so I could do a 5'r or so trade with ya
    Works for me. Just trying to get going. Send me a message or something with what you want or I'll just pick five. Also, like I said, if you can tell me the standard shipping/packing method that'd be great.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Hayblet:
    Works for me. Just trying to get going. Send me a message or something with what you want or I'll just pick five. Also, like I said, if you can tell me the standard shipping/packing method that'd be great.
    We try to ship just about the same way ccom does. I know just about everyone here uses the same box, bag, humidity pillow and air cushions. That is the way I ship stuff, and it worked well every time so far... Hopefully I didn't just skrew myself!
    ejenne87:
    Ken Light:
    Hayblet:
    We try to ship just about the same way ccom does. I know just about everyone here uses the same box, bag, humidity pillow and air cushions. That is the way I ship stuff, and it worked well every time so far... Hopefully I didn't just skrew myself!
    Makes perfect sense to me, thanks!
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    pm sent!
    and replied!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    This is a great example of how to get a successful trade under your belt and get on the good traders list, opening up all the available games to play. Another thing we do when shipping is pay the extra 50 cents and get a confirmation number and when the cigars go in the mail we tell the confirmation number to the recepient so they can track it. Cheers and good luck with your trade.
    bigharpoon:
    This is a great example of how to get a successful trade under your belt and get on the good traders list, opening up all the available games to play. Another thing we do when shipping is pay the extra 50 cents and get a confirmation number and when the cigars go in the mail we tell the confirmation number to the recepient so they can track it. Cheers and good luck with your trade.
    Thanks for the head's up and thanks for the support! Now to get my post count up...shouldn't be a problem...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    PM to you bro, no need to wait to trade with me.
  • Pm sent Ken.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    PM Sent Ken, and welcome!
    Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome! I'm a bit overwhelmed/running low at the moment, so I think I need to kill this thread, lol. Have returned all PM's!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    All this happy trading brings a tear to my eye. *sniff*
    Light 'em up.
  • pmsent
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    PM replied Ken

"Long ashes my friends."

• Sticks are in transit!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Sticks on the way, looks like you will soon be on the "good traders list"
    Thanks gypsy and aqua, both packages arrived and the sticks look amazing! PM's to both of you with questions because my n00b brain isn't good at "name that stick" lol.
  • Glad you got the sticks Ken....enjoy by friend! I also just got your sticks today....love the Gloria Cubana R's after good 30oz Poterhouse!
  • christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    I would be happy to send you a MOW Ruination, if someone hasn't already. Free of course. I started smoking last summer. Have you tried the diesel unlimited? Excellent cigar! I can send you one of those as well. I find full bodied cigars are the only way to go. Just bought a 10 pk of Joya de Nicaragua antano 1970. Curious to see how they will taste after some rest. Just let me know. Christian
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    I was just posting on another thread here earlier today that I thought the JDN Antano needed a little rest but had good potential. That said, some folks love them as is now.
    christian1971:
    I would be happy to send you a MOW Ruination, if someone hasn't already. Free of course. I started smoking last summer. Have you tried the diesel unlimited? Excellent cigar! I can send you one of those as well. I find full bodied cigars are the only way to go. Just bought a 10 pk of Joya de Nicaragua antano 1970. Curious to see how they will taste after some rest. Just let me know. Christian
    PM sent