Home Non Cigar Related

this is a scary time...

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
...to try and start your own business.

but thats just what my wife and i have done.

I now have two jobs. the past few days have been hectic. setting up accounts, taking out loans, building a website.
the saving graces?
its what i love to do...cook
the overhead is low because i already had most of the stuff to do this.
half of our initial debt is already payed off in orders we have taken.

what is the business?
gourmet chocolates. Ill have a website up for you all to see soon.

wish me luck

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    So when you said in another thread that you were making chocolate I can see now.. lol. That's great, and I'm waiting to see what you got on your site. I'm sure you'll get an order from me. I'm new to the business world as well, though I am not taking out any loans. I only really work it on the weekends, well it's the only time I can meet up with clients. Anyway, hopefully your biz will take off so you'll be able to solely do it, and quite your other job.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    That's great, Kuzi.. You definitely picked the right time of year to launch. It sounds like you're already off to a great start. Take it slow, and manage the finances conservatively. You'll do well. The most important thing is choosing something you love. I'll buy some off you when I come up in December.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Luck!!

Can you tell us the name of the business? Will chocolate-covered cigars be among your offerings?
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    urbino:

Will chocolate-covered cigars be among your offerings?
    Mmmmmmmm, I'll take a box
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Luck!!

Can you tell us the name of the business? Will chocolate-covered cigars be among your offerings?
    HA! chocolate covered cigars.... can you imagine!!?!

what brand?

id tell you the name but we are still in the purchasing stage of domain names and i would hate to have it gobbled up by someone simply because we posted it on the internet early. If i send out any cigars to anyone i will include a business card.
  • Gourmet chocolates?? Niiiiiiice. Let us know when your site is up so we can order some : )
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    SWEEET! love chocolate ,,,,, waiting for site. best of luck
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Big Dean:
    urbino:

Will chocolate-covered cigars be among your offerings?
    Mmmmmmmm, I'll take a box

Hell, solid chocolate in cigar shaped forms...I'll take a box of Pyramides
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    How about pairing chocolates with certain coffee flavored cigars, that might be pretty good. Or make it a gift for both him and her, he gets the stogie and she gets some awesome chocolates.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Congrats and I wish you the best of luck! And let me know the site address when you can. Might have to place an order for the wife to suck up for spending too much on cigars... Hell I might need the help soon! I'm going to the Tatuaje event with Pete Johnson tomorrow night! haha
  • If you ever need some help, I'll do my best. I don't know the first damn thing about chocolate though. I can't wait to go through the same crap next year :)
  • sanesane Posts: 151
    Good luck and congratulations on taking the step.
    I've been thinking about starting my own business but working full time, having two kids under the age of three and still financially recovering from starting my wife's business I don't see it happening any time soon.