Home General Discussion

xikar's free sheath lies!!! UPDATE!!!!!

Anyone else been screwed by Xikar's "free sheath" promo? It's on there home page, when you register a newly purchased Xikar product you get a free sheath in 3-5 weeks. It's been 3 months...no sheath and no returns to my emails. I guess it's not a big deal now; my lighter is rather scratched up at this point. Just wondering if anyelse had the same or better results???

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I can understand the sheath maybe getting lost, but I'm surprised they don't respond to your emails. I've had good luck myself, received a sheath for a cutter and one for a lighter, both promptly.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    SmokySuit:
    Anyone else been screwed by Xikar's "free sheath" promo? It's on there home page, when you register a newly purchased Xikar product you get a free sheath in 3-5 weeks. It's been 3 months...no sheath and no returns to my emails. I guess it's not a big deal now; my lighter is rather scratched up at this point. Just wondering if anyelse had the same or better results???

I've been waiting about 6 months for a cutter sheath and completly forgot about it till now. Thanks I'll give them a call.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I got the sheath for my cutter and it came in like 3 weeks. I've never had any problems with Xikar at all.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I just registered for my free cutter sheath last evening so I'll be sure to let ya know if/when it comes.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I got the sheath for my cutter and it came in like 3 weeks. I've never had any problems with Xikar at all.
    Same as Puro, with both cutters I bought and later lost.
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    I got both of mine with no problem. The only issue I have is that I do not us them much and it is hard to ge the lighter out.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Dunno if it's a bogus promo. Some people get it with no problem. I still haven't received it yet and it's been about a month. No big deal, since it's free anyways and I know Canada Post is crap compared to USPS.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Never had a problem with XiKar. Also, have had great communication with them on Twitter, so I don't know. Try contacting someone personally, or calling them.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Got mine for my lighter.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Got mine with no trouble, that's weird.
    Light 'em up.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine 4 different times for 2 cutters & 2 different lighters no problem. Also, my emails have always been promptly answered. They have a toll free customer service line answered during normal business hours by a real person. Try calling and ask.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Its hillarious that you mention that .... in the Secret Santa exchange I got a XI2 and literaly filled out the info on December 27th and guess what came in the mail today ...... My leather case.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Bought a cutter about a year ago and my sheath came in about 3 weeks.
  • It's been the same for me. I've been waiting a lot longer than 3 months too. I got my lighter at the beginning of last summer around may and have given up waiting with no email responses too.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hmmm I almost forgot... I got one for my cutter but never got the one for my lighter.

• SmokySuit:
    i called them because i had the same problem they are on back order
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    SmokySuit:
    no problems here. i think its just you.

what did you do to piss off Xikar?

but seriously, give em a call and be calm about it. i bet they will take care of you.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same deal as most of you. I got my lighter and cutter as gifts. I registered and in about 3 weeks got the lighter sheath and about a week later, one came for the cutter.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    i got mine, even though it took awhile...it did eventually show up.

"Long ashes my friends."

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    SmokySuit:

this gave me my first laugh of the day, thanks kuz! lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    SmokySuit:

this gave me my first laugh of the day, thanks kuz! lol
    Yup that settles it...they just hate me! :(
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    I can understand the sheath maybe getting lost, but I'm surprised they don't respond to your emails. I've had good luck myself, received a sheath for a cutter and one for a lighter, both promptly.
    +! Mine came for my lighter within a couple of weeks. The sheeth for the cutter took about a week longer. You did register the items no?
    I would e-mail them again as they came through for me no problem.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    REALLY?!?! Like, F-ing really?! WTF!!! lol Just a few hours after I started the "AJ Corona" thread Alex posts that they accually are planning a sampiler of Coronas that will be here soon. 18 hours ago I started this thread about Xikar **** me out of free stuff...and my sheath arrived today!!!!! Wial I'm on a roll I would like to wish for world peace, a cure for all diseases, and the winning of the cigar lottery!
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    got my new cutter a month ago. did the online warranty., havent seen the case yet. totally forgot about it....guess i dont need the case any way.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    SmokySuit:
    REALLY?!?! Like, F-ing really?! WTF!!! lol Just a few hours after I started the "AJ Corona" thread Alex posts that they accually are planning a sampiler of Coronas that will be here soon. 18 hours ago I started this thread about Xikar **** me out of free stuff...and my sheath arrived today!!!!! Wial I'm on a roll I would like to wish for world peace, a cure for all diseases, and the winning of the cigar lottery!

You could totally start a complaint that I haven't won the real lottery. I could use $184 million
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    SmokySuit:
    ////sounds like many want to sample the forbidden fruit from the ISOM, so perhaps start a thread about lifting the trade embargo
  • Smoky Suit:
    XIKAR does not screw anybody.  It's called an apology.  We were waiting months for our shipments from overseas.  We had over 3,500 XIKAR customers waiting for sheaths.  Chinese New Year and shipping delays caused us lots of sleepless nights.  We apologize for the delay...and we mean it!  If there is anything I can do to make up for the delay please let me know.  Bob Moreno, Dir Marketing   rmoreno@xikar.com
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    bmorecigars:
    Smoky Suit:
    XIKAR does not screw anybody.  It's called an apology.  We were waiting months for our shipments from overseas.  We had over 3,500 XIKAR customers waiting for sheaths.  Chinese New Year and shipping delays caused us lots of sleepless nights.  We apologize for the delay...and we mean it!  If there is anything I can do to make up for the delay please let me know.  Bob Moreno, Dir Marketing   rmoreno@xikar.com
    WTF? Wow their customer service my even rival ccom.

• nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Great to know they are looking out for there customers! Hopefully mine shows up soon.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    nikostewart:
    Great to know they are looking out for there customers! Hopefully mine shows up soon.
    +1 and waiting for both my cutters sheath