Home General Discussion

Xikar Cigar?

PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
Just was wondering if anyone else had tried the Xikar Defiance. and if so, what were your thoughts on it? I thought it was a pretty good smoke! I was suprised that it wasn't just a sales gimick with no real thought put into it. It was a good smooth smoke with some sweet hints of tea and other things my palate isn't refined enough to identify.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i have one that Maddy sent me. it may have to be my next review. It may be a while ...smoking season is over here in ohio. I get most of my smokes now out of the local shop and smoke there.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Im glad to hear you liked it.  I wanted to try one, but none of the local shops here in Hawaii have them. Do you know where I could find one to  buy online?
  • Big DeanBig Dean Posts: 120
    Yeah. You ain't kidding, Kuzi. I really enjoy the cold weather, just not the fact that I can't go out and enjoy a good cigar. I remember about two weeks ago when it was about 70 degrees for a day. Now it is more like 30 and snow is on the forecast. I have to either smoke in my car or in my garage, neither of which is very comfortable.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Better than out here in California where its 95 and half the damn state is burning down. When I went to smoke with my buddy a few days ago I had to somehow keep the wind from smoking the cigar for me. Stupid Santa Anas.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Stryker808:
    Im glad to hear you liked it.  I wanted to try one, but none of the local shops here in Hawaii have them. Do you know where I could find one to  buy online?
    I've looked around but haven't found anywhere online to buy them. A friend of mine won a box of them at a Jesus Feugo event at our local B&M, thats where I got the 2 that I have. If you can't come across any let me know because they do carry them at my local shop and maybe we could work out a trade for a couple or something.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    PuroFreak:
    A friend of mine won a box of them at a Jesus Feugo event
    That name is just so perfect for a cigar guy, I have a hard time believing it's real. I mean, it's the kind of thing somebody would pick for a screen name on this board.

PuroFreak:
    Stryker808:
    I've looked around but haven't found anywhere online to buy them. A friend of mine won a box of them at a Jesus Feugo event at our local B&M, thats where I got the 2 that I have. If you can't come across any let me know because they do carry them at my local shop and maybe we could work out a trade for a couple or something.

Thanks for the offer man!  If you want anything from hawaii for a trade let me know.  Unfortuantly, there is not much in the cigar world thats exclusive in Hawaii, we have a hard time getting anything out here. In any case let me know what you like, we would like to try some.  I emailed the Xikar guys but no help there.  They are are a great product company though.

here ya go:

xikar cigar

on the left side directly under where it has the rating there is a link: Find a Defiance Cigar Dealer near you

two shops in Hawaii.

Didn't see it the first time......Thanks!

• xikarxikar Posts: 2
    PuroFreak,

Jacob here from XIKAR. It seems like you already found an in, but if you want a retailer in Hawii here are two:

Sir Wilfred's - HI
    Whaler's Village 2435 Kaanapali Pkwy #K-3
    Lahaina, HI 96761
    800-343-7654
    www.sirwilfreds.com

Tobaccos of Hawaii
    512 Atkinson Drive
    Honolulu, HI 96814
    808-942-7833

Hope that helps. BTW what email did you use to get ahold of us?

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Sent you a PM Jacob.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Heh, it seems like some of the vendors are jumping on our little board here lately. First Jonathan Drew, now Xikar. Interesting.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

What better way to find out whats going on in the real world with your products

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have send my punch in here after the holidays, the thing is not punching very well..
    madurofan:
    Heh, it seems like some of the vendors are jumping on our little board here lately. First Jonathan Drew, now Xikar. Interesting.
    with any luck we will be able to get questions in too. how cool would that be?
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    that would be amazing...more then amazing. try and get some insider info, news about product and things sighh :) i hope!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    with any luck we will be able to get questions in too. how cool would that be?
    That would be good. Some of the bigger forums I've been on some of the vendors are very active. Its pretty cool except for the 500 other people who you are competing with for their time.