Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2 for 30 Contest

I have an overage of about 30 cigars (all hand-made, good sticks, just stuff I don't care for any more) that I want to get rid of. I also want to try new cigars. Given these two factors, I have devised this contest.

Here's the basic concept: Whoever wants to participate sends me two cigars (the same two, cigars I have never tried before). These shouldn't be super-premiums (i.e. Opus X, GoF, Camacho PE) as I'm looking for cigars I will enjoy regularly. I will pick whichever cigar I like the best and send that person a mixed bag of 30 cigars.

As I am trying to reduce the number of cigars in my inventory, and for time's sake, I want to limit this to 6 participants. Whoever wants to participate, just post here. Once we have 6 (or a few less if this doesn't catch on), the participants can PM me with a cigar they are planning on sending to ensure I have not tried it yet. Please send two in case I need to revisit one for a tie-breaker or whatever. Once I start getting the sticks in the mail, I will begin burning them and announce a winner after I smoke the last cigar.

Feel free to PM me or look in my bio for some favorites to make your decision on, I'm really hoping to be floored by a stick or two from this. Anyone interested?

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I've got a couple you may not have tried. Pm
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    You have a PM Sir
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Can you list the cigars you have overage of?
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Pm?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Diamondog:
    Can you list the cigars you have overage of?
    Nice LibreTorp x 3
    Nica Libre Toro x 1
    Brickhouse Double Corona x 2
    RP OWR Maduro 2nds Torp x 3
    RP OWR Habano Toro x 1
    La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte Toro x 4
    CAO Criollo Torp x 1
    AB Maxx The Culture x 1
    Ccom Corojo Label Torp x 1
    Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto x 1
    CAO Cameroon Robusto x 1
    Cusano Corojo Torp x 1
    601 Oscuro (Green) Robusto x 1
    La Vieja Habana Connecticut Robusto x 1
    Perdomo Reserve 10th Criollo x 1
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Toro x 1
    Indian Tabac Natural Robusto x 1

The above list is pretty much what will be in the grab-bag. I'll have to round it out with some extras, and one or two of the above cigars are no longer in the inventory, but the above is pretty much what you are looking at for the prize.

lcpleel:
    Pm?
    Pm?

And all PMs have been answered.
    Got two entries so far....
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    PM Coming!
  • mbetotmbetot Posts: 10
    PM Sent Sir.
    4 participants so far....
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm game. I will pm you tomorrow brother
    With ENFIDL, that will be 6 entries. I'll post up the people playing/sticks being sent and get my address out to everyone later today.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    PM sent
    All right, here's the line-up:

beatnic with Plantation Reserve from N.O. Cigar Factory
    ENFIDL with Diesel Unlimited
    PuroFreak with Alec Bradley Family Blend
    lcpeel with EP Carillo Short Run
    MTuccelli with a house blend (it is orderable online)
    mbetot with either Magnum Force or Punch Grand Cru

As I get them in, I will keep everyone updated with mini reviews and with the overall progress of the contest. Thank you everyone for playing!
    Got the Plantation Reserve from Beatnic in today, damn they look good. It really makes me regret not having gone down there when I was in NO in October.
    Got in the double coronas from Casilla's Cigars via MTuccelli, will get to these the day after the Plantation Reserves.
    And got the sticks in from mbetot today, just two remaining!
    Smoked the first of these tonight, one of the EP Carillo Short Runs. I gotta say, this was a hell of a way to start. Overall a great stick, I got alot of cedar and other wood flavor, some sweetness, and a sweet spice, maybe cinnamon? Again, great stick, thank you lclpeel!
    alienmisprint:
    Smoked the first of these tonight, one of the EP Carillo Short Runs. I gotta say, this was a hell of a way to start. Overall a great stick, I got alot of cedar and other wood flavor, some sweetness, and a sweet spice, maybe cinnamon? Again, great stick, thank you lclpeel!
    NP. I must say as the person that sent you the sticks I'm jealous. I was wanting to smoke my last one tonight but its raining.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    EP Carillo Short run is a great smoke!
    Just finished the Plantation Reserve from Beatnic. It was a pleasant smoke, but on the mild side. It hit me like alot of mild Connecticuts do, buttery, smooth, plenty of nut and toasty flavors. Overall a good smoke, but not really my cup of tea.

As of now, the EP Carillo Short Run is in the lead.
    Smoked the Diesel Unlimited yesterday and I highly enjoyed it. It reminded me alot of the 5 Vegas Cask Strength II, and I did enjoy it a good bit more than the original Diesel. I got alot of leather and earth flavor, with a nice pepper burn on the back of my throat for most of the smoke.

As much as I enjoyed this stick, the Short Run is still in the lead. The Diesel is a great stick, but I would have to be in the mood for it, or have just eaten. The EP Carillo is a great stick I can fire up any time, and honestly I could smoke multiple of them in a single day.
    I hope you got the Family Blends in yesterday and I'm looking forward to hearing your take on them. LOVE that smoke!
    I did recieve them yesterday, that's all the incoming cigars here. Still have to smoke the Magnum Force, the house blend from MTuccelli , and the Family Blend.
    Okay, so I got in two of these this weekend. I smoked the Magnum Force from mbetot and the house blend from MTuccelli.

The Magnum force wasn't great, but it was bad by any means. It was overall a pleasant cigar, and definitely not something I would turn down if offered one, but I wouldn't really go out of my way to get any more of them either.

The house blend from MTuccelli really surprised me. It was a nice sized perfecto, the shop he gets them from calls it a Hemmingway. It was a very good smoke, nice and creamy but still with a good tobacco taste that stayed present for most of the time. It developed nicely throughout the burn time and it left such a great aftertaste that I didn't want to eat or drink anything for a while after I got done. Although it was great, it was a bit on the milder side of medium and a little light in the flavor department. I think this would be a fantastic cigar at the right time/place/event, but its just not something I would smoke every day.

EP Carillo still in the lead, with just the Family Blend remaining.
    Hey brother the cigars for the contest was the double coronas. That is their dark maduro. The Hemingways I sent were just a gift and not meant for the contest. Their Hemingway is by far a really nice smoke but the Double coronas I picked based on your taste for full flavor full body cigars. Did you try them yet? Next time I will send Governador!
    Uh oh! Time for a show down!
    MTuccelli:
    Hey brother the cigars for the contest was the double coronas. That is their dark maduro. The Hemingways I sent were just a gift and not meant for the contest. Their Hemingway is by far a really nice smoke but the Double coronas I picked based on your taste for full flavor full body cigars. Did you try them yet? Next time I will send Governador!
    I shot you a PM about it, but I really don't dig infused sticks too much, so I went with the Hemmingways because they had a much better chance of being a cigar I would regularly enjoy.
    Yeah I got the PM, it's all good but now I wish I had sent the Governador lol
    EP FTW~!