Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Cohiba Puro Dominicana

Eh, its not worth talking about....

Comments

• absolutjerabsolutjer Posts: 120
    Really. The Puro Dominicana's are one of may favorites. I am a bit of a newb so it may just be bad judgment, but I really like em'
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Mperconte:
    This is, in my considered opinion, the greatest review EVER! :-)

• MperconteMperconte Posts: 367
    The Sniper:
    Mperconte:

Laugh!! I was going to put my two cents in but just couldn't muster up enough energy to say something constructive.
    Since the sarcasm has started I will add a foot note:

My opinion is probable a little tainted since I received the items in the 3 pack Cohiba leather cigar case. Now the sticks were the Robusto size that i got from Ccom and were in very poor shape. In fact, the Black will not be able to be smoked at all; it dried out and cracked.
    Note: I mentioned it to Andy but told him it was no big deal, i was more interested in the case then anything else. Andy did say that if it presented a problem after giving the sticks some rest that he would take care of me. I'm still not looking for anything, its no big deal. Back to ..
    The stick was in the Humi for about 2 months and figure, what the heck I’ll give it a go. It appeared to have no major flaws, perhaps a little dry to the touch but not like it would crumble into pieces. Pre-light draw, heavy oak flavor, i know this because my favorite drink in Jim Bean black double aged. It smoked fine, no draw issues, no burn issues and a small bit of spice. However, it did burn fast. The rubosto was done in record time, 45 minutes.

. I just did not care for it and have a host of other sticks that I prefer in favor of theses. i.e MOW Puro, MOW Ruination, AF Enejo, Diesel Unlimited and Shorty, Padilla Miami, Oliva V, etc....

My apologies for posting an inappropriate posting on a thread that is supposed to be informative. I have a tendency to post what I’m thinking as apposed to taking a second before hitting the send button. Yes, it has gotten me in trouble more then once.

Thanks for smacking me in the head, Sniper.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Mperconte:

These are exactly the kind of reviews I find most helpful. I don't enjoy reading through a detailed review, talking about every aspect of a cigar. I smoke a cigar because it's just damn good, not because I want to taste leather and raisins and vanilla. The best review I ever heard was the owner of my B&M talking about the Davidoff Puro d'Oro. His review was as follows - "just smoke the damn thing and prepare to be blown away." I bought one and smoked it on the spot, and he was correct. I was blown away. I understand people enjoying the in depth reviews, and I am not hating on that at all. I just really enjoy a review that says "I liked it" or "I hated it". Maybe a little explanation as to why, but nothing more.