Home General Discussion

Recommendation Sought

I am looking for some recommendations on a cigar to take to a college reunion. Personally I'm a Gurkha fan. I'd like to find the one cigar that would be a treat for both novice and experienced cigar smokers? Suggestions?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey, There has been a lot of discussion lately about Cusano 18 Double Connecticut. Seems like alot of good things being said about it. A dependable cigar and affordable is Vegas 5 Classic. I like anything by A. Fuentes, there isn't a bad smoke in that family. Including Ashtons, Montesinos, and one of my favorites Bauza. Good luck in picking a Winner.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think the cusano 18 is good for beginners and long time smokers alike. cant go wrong.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Based on my own preference, I think a Romeo y Julieta Viejo is an excellent choice. CAO CX2 was also quite nice in my opinion, as was the Don Pepin Cuban Classic.

But again, that's based on my tastes, and quite frankly, we could all go on for days about the cigars we like. Read reviews, pick a handful that sound like they might be up your alley and go from there. The only way to know is to know.... ya know? :)

Joe
  • phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    It depands on how much you want to spend. For a good bang for the buck stick the 5 Vegas classic is great. Also is the P1 from Cusano; but it is a little more full bodied. If you want to spend a little more I would go with the Cusano 18; it is a croud pleaser and is well accepted by guys who may not smoke all the time. Other lines to consider would be the Sol Cubano cigars or the Honduran primos (can you say buck a stick).
    Personally I would take into consideration the crowd. If you are going to have a small group (under 10 people) I would get a more quality stick as it won't break the bank and each person can talk about the stick and compare it. If you get a larger crowd; some people will end up just taking a few puffs and either give up on it or forget where they put it down. I would hate to see a bunch of 5-8 dollar cigars that had 3 puffs taken out of them and then thrown to the ground (it will happen with a larger crowd). It would be a waste in my mind.
    If you have any flavor preferance let us know.

Also, Welcome to the forum.
    -Dave
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    I'm gonna have to say A. Fuente. You can find a lot in a good price range and everybody knows how good of cigars they are, even the cheaper ones.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Some great advice so far....If you want to share some Gurkhas I can't help, but my $0.02 would be to take some Padron 6000 Maduro, I feel the torpedo is very classy.