Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Crossword Clue Game

Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
Ok, new game here. It's based on crossword clues. The way it works is the person who's turn it is will give a certain number of crossword style clues. The clues, followed by how many letters are in the given answer. The clues ideally should form a sentence. For instance:

1. ____ Rider. Movie, 4 letters
2. amarillo. 6 letters
3. ______ and stones. 6 letters
4. God of war, minus the s. 3 letters
5. Thhheeeyyyyy'rrreee _____! 5 letters
6. Coming ____? Slang, 4 letters
7. My second drug of choice. 6 letters

The answer would be: Pale Yellow Sticks Are Great With Coffee.

The first person to post all answers in the correct order wins the game. The person whose turn it is will then send the winner a package of cigars. 3 stick minimum and they should be decent sticks. No one's expecting Opus X, but we don't want to see White Owls either. Use common sense. Upon receiving his cigars, the winner is expected to post a crossword clue game of his own within 48 hours, and the cycle continues.

The person whose turn it is, is the final arbitrator on what the correct answer is. Think about your clues, if there's more than one answer be fair. Please only 2 guesses in a 24 hour period. The game is open to anyone on the Good Traders list. Thanks for playing.

Comments

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Man, those last two are tough!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Easy Yellow Sticks Are Tasty With Coffee
    Oh man I didn't even think of it as a sentence, very well done!
    Unfortunately I think you got it wrong though. Easy Yellow Sticks Are Great With Coffee
    Don't give me the win, he did all the work!
    Not sure if is correct, but it is the best I can do on such short notice :) My words are in the order of the clues, but perhaps another order was meant due to this 'first person to post all 6 answer in the corrrect order will...' -only tried a few connies thus far in my last 14 months of cigar smoking....so I hope it is 'correct' enough...given that it is a new contest style...some of us ain't too bright :)
    I think I was wrong too, but I'm probably not supposed to guess twice. Dang...
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    You're both very close, and you're both welcome to guess again.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Easy Yellow Sticks Are Great With Hot Tea?
    PALE Yellow Sticks Are Great With Coffee
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Pale Yellow Sticks Are Great With Coffee EDIT** Ken beat me to it! nice job!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Easy Yellow Sticks Are Great With Scotch?
    This contest format is great, I think it should be its own thread
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Very creative. Maybe the winner could keep it going with a riddle of his own?? I'd definitely be down for that
    Ken Light:
    Yes! Winner. Looks like you beat niko by a matter of seconds.

Pale Rider was the movie. Easy Yellow sticks makes no sense, right? Thanks everyone for playing. I think I'll do this again soon, but maybe be a little more specific about a couple things.

Ken, please pm me your shipping info if you would be so kind.
    skweekz:
    Very creative. Maybe the winner could keep it going with a riddle of his own?? I'd definitely be down for that
    I can change the first post, and post title if you'd like, or we could start a new one. I plan on doing others.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Great contest Russ, Congrats Ken!
    If I won I most certainly will.
    Ken Light:
    If I won I most certainly will.
    Yep, see above post. Feel free to suggest any changes. I just kind of did this on the fly.
    Missed that, PM sent! I'd change nothing but maybe more explicitly state things like number of guesses per day or the like, and if you want something about what a winner's package should consist of.
    How many times should people be able to guess? I didn't specify in the original contest, but I can change that now.
    Let's say 2. Just in case someone has that last minute "Oh no!" moment like I did. :)
    Ok, I think I've got it set. If I missed anything, or something needs changing, or adding just let me know.
    Russ55:
    Ken Light:
    Yes! Winner. Looks like you beat niko by a matter of seconds.

Pale Rider was the movie. Easy Yellow sticks makes no sense, right? Thanks everyone for playing. I think I'll do this again soon, but maybe be a little more specific about a couple things.

Ken, please pm me your shipping info if you would be so kind.
    ///////Congrats Ken, but let me clarify my thoughts, 'EASY yellow sticks' were what I hoped I would get from Russ by winning his contest! I thought it was much more appropriate than Pale as Easy Rider is, in my opinion, more of a classic American tale than Pale Rider (although I love Clint). Anyway, great contest format, hope the next one is more 'easy' than this one :)
    You still put 'tasty' instead of great. Which makes me wonder...are Frosted Flakes ads different in Canada? Here "theeeyyyre grrrrrreat!!"

I'll start thinking of a puzzle and post one later today or tomorrow. I completely trust that Russ will get those sticks in the mail when he gets packaging and think this needs to keep moving so it doesn't die out.
    Ok, I finally got one I'm fairly happy with. Hopefully its neither too hard nor too easy. A cruciverbalist I am not.

1. Cigar smokers, affectionately. 5 letters
    2. A sweet treat, unwrapped? 3 letters
    3. Cigar smokers, erroneously. 5 letters
    4. To 'borrow,' musically (think hip hop). 6 letters
    5. "Mothers" mid-section? 3 letters
    6. Property of a certain ccom consultant, familiarly, 6 letters
    7. Fett's catch. 6 letters

GOOD LUCK!

EDIT: A couple clues.
    1)In crosswords, plural clues get plural answers. (that could help for 1 and 3...though I thought those were gimmes)
    2)This makes a sentence, with correct, unforced syntax (that could help for 2 and 5)
    I'll add more clues tomorrow if this doesn't turn a light bulb on over anyone's head.
    3)Completely changed number 6 (same answer though) and put a hint into number 4.
    Too hard?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I think I have 3 or 4 of them...
    In case anyone's just checking the end of the thread, I'm adding clues into my original post by editing.