Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

LABELS

I am working on a collage, and need a bunch of cigar labels. I have posted about this before but I am somewhat desperate now as I am anxious to get this project done. I am willing to trade an ACID 1400 CC in a glass veil, one of my favorite cigars, for a good number (100+) of cigar labels.

Thanks,

Charlie Stocks

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but you havent gotten much help on this in the last few months my man. And for most of the guys around here, and ACID is not the way to find help.
  • I guess generosity is too much to ask?

But Vulchor I appreciate you keeping up with my two posts the last few months, MY MAN.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    It's not just generousity, Charlie. A lot of guys here are actually saving the cigar bands for their own projects. Me? I usually don't save the bands because my wife will throw them out as soon as she sees them.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    I'll hook ya up buddy, I don't know if I have 100 or so but I got a bunch and I'll send them to you. I'm not an acid fan so you don't have to worry about sending me anything. Just PM me your info and I'll get them out some time this week.
    Apparently not too much to ask, as someone here has offered you 100 or so. And youre welcome for keeping up with your posts. Guess a little other chatter than to come on the board and start asking for things or letting us get to know you and vice versa is too much to ask as well.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Apparently not too much to ask, as someone here has offered you 100 or so. And youre welcome for keeping up with your posts. Guess a little other chatter than to come on the board and start asking for things or letting us get to know you and vice versa is too much to ask as well.
    +1
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Posts: 429
    Vulchor:
    No no he wants 100+, but I said I don't have 100 or so. Maybe like 50ish. I couldn’t bring myself to them away in the begining. I wanted to keep one of each cigar line I smoked but then they started to clutter things up and I started smoking too many cigars to make that practical. I was about to toss them all when I read this thread.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Does he really need to become a recognized member of the cigar community to ask for some bands? Cut the guy a break.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Vulchor:
    Does he really need to become a recognized member of the cigar community to ask for some bands? Cut the guy a break.
    That's my thought. It's cool if guys want to join and become a member of the community, but if they have a specific purpose for posting, then good for them. Not everyone has to contribute to the forum, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Looks like 2 vs 2 here...with **** observing but not taking a side just yet. Nice little poll forming here, lol.
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
    Animal House style?
  • Laws4Laws4 Posts: 9
    Well, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, I didn't stand idle.

I don't really have too much of a problem with someone joining the boards for a specific transactional purpose. But then again, I'm about as seasoned as he, so my opinion isn't exactly the most significant thing ever. For someone who smokes 3 cigars a day or more, ~100 labels isn't all that significant I guess. But still, I will certainly agree that an Acid isn't going to pique a huge amount of interest.

I would give you mine, but I have a visual record of almost every cigar I have ever smoked. And, most of the labels that I have are ones that are cool or attractive to me. And I get the feeling that when I have more, I will do something artistic with them. As a den decoration or something.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'll play Switzerland here.

Welcome to you, Charlie. I encourage you to use the boards to learn. And use ccom to buy a much bigger humidor; then fill it up and work on those 100+ labels so you can sit back when your project is all done and say "I was the one that had the privilege and pleasure of enjoying each and every one of them!" After all, good things come to those wait.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    charlie...
    PM to you.

Laws4:
    Well, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, I didn't stand idle.
    best post all day

click
  • For those of you who are hating on me for not getting to know the folks on the message board, the regulars on the message board I presume, I do apologize.

If you are that curious, perhaps I should tell you a little bit about myself. I am 19 years old, and I study Civil Engineering at Mississippi State University. I am in a fraternity. I am not by any means an avid cigar smoker, but I enjoy hanging out at the local cigar shop, Starkville Stogies, with the boys and smoking a cigar every now and then. I like making things, and I thought the idea of a collage to put in my room would be really cool.

I probably will never be active on this message board, at least not until I retire and have nothing else to do (No offense to the people who do that, because I feel certain that when I am retired, Lord willing, I will be active on the message board).

If anyone else wants to post something about yourself for me to read, go for it.

Also, if anyone feels compelled to offer me some cigar labels after reading my story, that would be much appreciated.
    one more pm in your box
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I wish I knew there was a need for labels, I either toss them or the neighbor kids grab them and wear them as super hero rings lol. I don't know why I am laughing when I was a kid I would do the same thing when I got a cigar band from my uncle that came to visit.

Man I looked so cool with that bandanna across my face and cape....a real chick magnet
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I never save my labels. PM me your address and I'll periodically send you an envelope with some in it. I think I might have a little bag with 50 or so in it somewhere from when I first started smoking cigars but I'll have to look. I smoke in my car most of the time and they usually collect in there. I'll usually pull them out of my middle console and door compartments 20 at a time.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Charlie, I just found a box with about a hundred or so labels. PM me you address and I will send them to you directly.
  • I got the collage done! Thanks to everyone who sent me labels. I am very pleased with the way it looks. I have a picture of it on my computer, and I would love to post it but I cannot figure out how. If someone wants to give me instructions I will be glad to post it or if you send me your email I will email you the photo.
    Thanks,
    Charlie
  • I posted the picture as my profile picture. Thanks to all of the people who sent me labels, I think I might have enough leftover to do another project!
    Charlie, you have a pm.
    Here ya go, Charlie:

CharlieStocks

Well done!!!
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Here ya go, Charlie:

CharlieStocks

Well done!!!

OUTSTANDING!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    charlie , im getting a lot of lables saved up, pm me your addy and when i get a few more ill send them gladly, that is if your still looking, jj
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    lcpleel:
    bigharpoon:
    Here ya go, Charlie:

CharlieStocks

Well done!!!

OUTSTANDING!

Wonderful, guess there won't be any second guessing if there's a next time. Nice work.........
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    RCY Cigars:
    lcpleel:
    bigharpoon:
    Here ya go, Charlie:

CharlieStocks

Well done!!!

OUTSTANDING!

Wonderful, guess there won't be any second guessing if there's a next time. Nice work.........
    Very nice! I really like that frame. Looks good.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Looks great man! Care to share how you mounted them, what you mounted them on.. etc.. any other advice for someone wanting to do something like this? Thanks!