Home General Discussion

Question to members ( and guests)

kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
After you started visting Cigar. com and became a member of the discussion forum, did anyone start smoking more or different cigars that you may not have tried based on the comments posted here ? And if so, what was your best new discovery, Believe it or not mine was 5 Vegas. Maybe I thought that in order for a cigar to move to the level I enjoy they have to cost more than $ 5.00. Also, Gurkha's were a cigar that I stayed away from until I joined the Cigar of the month Club. When I read the "What are you smoking tonight " posts I make a note of the comments and pick up the ones with positive responses. What a cigar savy group we have here. Keep it up and thanks for all the great suggestions. Come on guests join the forum and share your knowledge with all of us.

Comments

• MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Since I've joined this forum I've got alot of insight on the different cigars and didn't want to get dissapointed by trying something I've never tryed, there is alot of other cigar forums but hands down this is alittle more personal and thats why I'll only post here..
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    I have tried several cigars that I was curious about after reading posts here about them. And some of those are my regular favorites now. Keeping up with this forum will keep you well informed no matter how much of a seasoned veteran you may be.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not so much with this forum but with the old forum yes.
    Sancho Panza was one of thos brands. ... I just did a box split with a friend for some of the double maduros.... delish!!
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I do keep "to try" list based on the comments posted here. As a matter of fact I had a Romeo y Julieta Viejo last night based on comments posted here.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ashmaster:
    I do keep "to try" list based on the comments posted here. As a matter of fact I had a Romeo y Julieta Viejo last night based on comments posted here.
    What did you think about the Viejo ashmaster? Personally, it is a cigar I find very enjoyable and I'd have to say it is one of my top five (not that I've had enough different brands for a top five to mean much).

Joe
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    I have not tried any new cigars after joining this fourm except for the Cigar.com house blends. But besides that I haven't had any. One cigar I would like to try that I keep hearing a lot of hype about is the 5 Vegas brand. So I will probably get one of these eventually.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    j0z3r:
    ashmaster:
    What did you think about the Viejo ashmaster? Personally, it is a cigar I find very enjoyable and I'd have to say it is one of my top five (not that I've had enough different brands for a top five to mean much).

Joe
    For me, the first half of the cigar was ok, was kinda flat. The second half was much better as the strength built. I am going to give this one another shot.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    carmike22:
    I have not tried any new cigars after joining this fourm except for the Cigar.com house blends. But besides that I haven't had any. One cigar I would like to try that I keep hearing a lot of hype about is the 5 Vegas brand. So I will probably get one of these eventually.
    seriously try these. cigar.com has a sampler that will give you just about every 5 vegas on the market today except maybe the shorty....

good price too.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas is another Don Pepin cigar.  I have to agree with Kuzi they are a MUST SMOKE.  I'm yet to smoke anything from Pepin that I did not like.  If you don't mind spending a few bucks try the Tatuaje Cojonu.  The 2003 in my opinion is better than the 2006 but they are both very good and VERY hard to come by.  They are full bodied and very spicy though I'll give you that warning.