Home Non Cigar Related

New position, may lead to greater things

So a lot of people know that I got a new position in corporate a couple weeks back...working a ton of overtime(more then i did in my previous position), but not only was I able to catch my department(my dept. is literally just myself), but I was able to get ahead of the game and be bored certain times of the day(hence me posting all the time in ccom now)! lol. BUT.....since i am just so fast and accurate...my lead engineer(aka my boss), is pondering teaching me engineering and detail engineering! Ill be the only engineer without a degree but i am pursuing my degree in criminal justice.

AND...if he trains me as engineer, he has to bump my pay up at least 5 bucks more, possible 10 if i get super good at it without mistakes. Can we say once i get my raise im so buying 4 boxes of premium cigars! lol.sorry, had to get that out of my system since my gf wont listen anymore! lol

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hells yeah man I wish you the best.

• MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Right On!! any step up the corporate ladder is a good thing, especially when it allows you the ability to pursue your hobby with vigor
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Aww man.... I clicked this hoping to improve my love life. Damn. Sorry honey, missionary again tonight.

LOL! Congrats, bro. Good luck!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    lol...well I also had my probation officer testing today...and i feel it went really good...ill find out late tonight or monday if i have a interview for next week. so those are my two routes in plan for the year
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Aww man.... I clicked this hoping to improve my love life. Damn. Sorry honey, missionary again tonight.

There is more then one position?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Nice. What discipline of engineering?
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice post-----thought I must admit by the subject of the post I was hoping it to be sexual in nature.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new job and the pay raise!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Congrats
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    i have maybe two possible venues going on...either becoming a engineer...or, maybe joining up the probation officer program ....either way ill be stoked
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:

.. Very funny lilwing, I thought the same thing.. a little disappointed, but good for you.