Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

A Pass 33 1/3

OK this pass starts with a poll first. Then this post will be updated to reflect rules and participants.

I believe this will be themed pass. First I would like your vote Yes or No to the Pass being themed.

Second if you say Yes to themed, then I want your vote on what the theme should be. All cigars from one blender (i.e. Don Pepin), from one country, with a certain wrapper, a certain vitola, a certain brand or a certain factory? Or if you have a different suggestion throw that out here too.

Third and final, for now, how big should the pass be? 5 cigars with each person taking 2 or 3, 10 cigars with each person taking 3-5, or 20 cigars with each person taking 5-7?

One last idea I've been kicking around on this one too is that this pass instead of throwing in extra sticks for me for hosting the pass the extra sticks will go to Bad Andy for his next troop shipment.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I think a theme is good. Though I don't have much of a selection when it comes to many lines, and those I do have I only have 2 or so sticks. Also maybe I missed it but how is this thing going to work, a theme based on the person giving out the sticks? Or just a theme based on how many passes? Also I'm with 5-7 sticks.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    The theme will be carried out by all involved say for example the theme is an all maduro pass. I'll start the pass off with all maduro cigars and you would take out x number of cigars and replace them with other maduro cigars.

When you say you are with 5-7 sticks, you mean the pass box should contain 20 total cigars and each individual is trading out 5 - 7 cigars correct?
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311

I vote for it being themed. I like the same blender (or two different say Padron and Fuente ten each), say give two options for size robusto or toro, but ease up on the certain wrapper. I'm for the 20 cigar pass, 5-7 takes and puts.  

• I can get in on this

A theme pass would be cool, I'm down for a wrapper or size theme. I have 2-3 cigars by a maker so, I would be difficult to do an i.e. Fuente/Padron pass. I like the 5-7 idea.

These Filthy Hands:
    I can get in on this

A theme pass would be cool, I'm down for a wrapper or size theme. I have 2-3 cigars by a maker so, I would be difficult to do an i.e. Fuente/Padron pass. I like the 5-7 idea.

It doesn't have to be Fuente/Padron pass just thought two options would be better for some people then just one certain blender.

Cool I'm liking the ideas so far. Once we narrow down the type of theme i.e. maker, we'll get into specifics of which maker or wrapper etc.
  • dep691:

These Filthy Hands:
    I can get in on this

It doesn't have to be Fuente/Padron pass just thought two options would be better for some people then just one certain blender.

I understand, that's why I put "i.e." in front of the example :D
    What do you guys think about the extras for the troops?

madurofan:
    What do you guys think about the extras for the troops?

I don't think that even needs a vote, its a given.

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    A theme pass sounds good. My vote goes for a maker duel. My suggestion is the R.P./Gurkha debate. (Just a lil idea based on some forum discussions) As for numbers, I say it should start with 15-20 sticks and each person can trade out 3-5 sticks. As for the sticks for the troops, not a bad idea and as the host you can do what you want with the extra sticks from the box so I think this is a non issue.
    rdnstn:
    A theme pass sounds good. My vote goes for a maker duel. My suggestion is the R.P./Gurkha debate. (Just a lil idea based on some forum discussions) As for numbers, I say it should start with 15-20 sticks and each person can trade out 3-5 sticks. As for the sticks for the troops, not a bad idea and as the host you can do what you want with the extra sticks from the box so I think this is a non issue.
    Ah ha I like this duel idea idea hmmm, maybe something like if you take out a Gurkha you must put in a RP?
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I like the theme and I like the country route. Say Nicaragua...Olivas, Nubs, Patrons...not bad company. A wrapper theme would also be interesting. So there is my $.02. And of course I am down for troop donations.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I like the theme idea, too. And the troops idea. And the 20/5-7 idea.

As for the theme, I think going with a specific wrapper would probably limit the participants too much. You'll immediately eliminate everybody who doesn't like that wrapper, plus anybody whose stash isn't filled out enough to have a variety of that wrapper on hand. People can always buy something specifically for the pass, of course, but that's harder to do when it's a pass; it may already have everything you ordered in it.

ISTM country or maker(s) is the best bet. I'm less keen on the duel idea, but wouldn't object to it.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    I like the theme idea...sounds like a fun twist.

Theme: Blender sounds good. I say lets try and get a wide variety of smokes into the box.
    Start with 5 sticks from 4 makes (20 total cigars) You're free to take, lets say 5 smokes, you have to replace that cigar with a same make, but in a different line.

I think this way we could have a big selection of different smokes. Well what if someone doesn't have a large enough collection to handle replacing the smoke from the same maker?
    Lets say that the number of smokes taken isn't set in stone. Lets say min 2 max 10, or something along those lines.

Lets see how many smokes we can get into that box for them troops...might be a large box heading back when this pass is through!
  • I like where this is heading. I do like the four different line idea. I'm always down for giving to the troops!
    bass8844:
    Theme: Blender sounds good. I say lets try and get a wide variety of smokes into the box.
    Start with 5 sticks from 4 makes (20 total cigars) You're free to take, lets say 5 smokes, you have to replace that cigar with a same make, but in a different line.

I think this way we could have a big selection of different smokes. Well what if someone doesn't have a large enough collection to handle replacing the smoke from the same maker?
    Lets say that the number of smokes taken isn't set in stone. Lets say min 2 max 10, or something along those lines.

Lets see how many smokes we can get into that box for them troops...might be a large box heading back when this pass is through!
    I love this idea. If everybody is on board then this is the way we'll go.
    i'm in
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I'm down...time to be part of a pass!
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'm in. I'm sure whatever the theme is, I can find enought stock to play. If not, an excuse to visit the B&M isn't exactly unwelcome.
    I'll play.
    I'm in...let's pick Juan Valdez as the blender.
    Little known fact: his burro decides which leaves are ready to pick.
    If this is gonna be a coffee pass you might need to find another originator. I've never even looked at a coffee bean up close.
    Thought maybe he was involved tobacco too. Beans and leaves are similar. lol

But that would be an interesting twist...
    By the way Andy you are going to be second to last in this pass so you can collect all the cigars for the troops. I'll send mine with the start of the pass.
    yeah that will work for me. There may be a need for a larger box after a while.
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    So what's the time frame for this one? Start right away....or maybe start after X mas? I'm sure the post office will be a mess from now until christmas. Maybe we should start right after the 25th?
    New years box pass. Start off 2009 the right way.
    rdnstn:
    New years box pass. Start off 2009 the right way.
    Thats the deal. It'll ship out on the second. Would be the first but no post men on the first.
    Alright, count me in and let us know the blender and lines that this is happening with so we can prepare.