Home General Discussion

Heros

Here we are, Free Men and Women because of our brave selves and the brave Men and Women that have fought and lived and those that gave all. Chances are that we all know one of these people or perhaps you are one yourself. I say God Bless You! I say God Bless us All.

As we watch the lemmings being led around by the nose ring, going green because the newspaper and Algorlioni said it was cool. Jay Leno laughs about it and the world's poor starve as we turn corn into a lie. On TV we see people with flowers growing out of their heads, OMG. Where do we turn for the truth? Is there such a place? Yes I believe there is, your heart! You know what is true. You know when some ground crawling, belly scraping politician is lieing! Generally speaking, when they talk or even open their mouth the lie begins. We have elected some of the bestest liars in the world and now we get to do it again. Our heros votes don't get counted unless one party needs them. They are the ones dieing and roasting and hoping and loving America. I was driving across the Golden Gate Bridge as I do every day. On my right, a car with 2 bright blue Teamster's jackets passes my Ford in a Toyota. This causes me to pause.

On Monday, I will bow my head and I will Thank God for the Blessings in my life. I will ask God WHY it has to be this way. WHY do our loved ones need to die? WHY don't you just take your thumb and start this thing over again? OR not? How long will we be led by the darkness? Until we all fall off the cliff? Maybe so. I will then ask that all of our departed friends and family be by God's side. Some Died fighting for freedom, some died for Love but they also died for each other. I will raise my Red Tail Ale and my RP Sungrown in Praise of those SO many that have stood up for Free Will.

God Bless you all and when you remember our fighting men and women this weekend, remember that they live and die for YOUR freedom. They are all my heros, today, yesterday and tomorrow.

Happy Memorial Day.

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    as always, well spoken, sir!
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    Agreed. Very well said.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Very well said.

...and as one of those fighting men myself, I thank you as well for your sentiments.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Very nice, thank you!!!
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    I couldn't have said it any better! Here, here!!
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    I'm a Marine no longer, but once upon a time the young man I was stood up and stepped up...taking the chance. To all who serve, have served, and to those who paid the price so we here at home don't have to...

My thanks on this Memorial Day *salutes*