Home General Discussion

Holidays in North Carolina and Ohio

Getting ready to head south this year for some much needed R&R. Heading to the mountains of North Carolina for a bit and then back north up to New Philly, Ohio for a family reunion.

2200 miles in 12 days. Its a good thing I will be stopping in PA to pick up a few extra sticks to enjoy by the pool.

Comments

• zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Should be a good trip. I'm heading down to Charlotte and back this week but the company is insisting I rent a car instead of paying me mileage, so I won't be able to enjoy a stick while cruising. Damn hotel is probably non smoking too.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    badge54fd:
    ... then back north up to New Philly, Ohio for a family reunion.
    thats like 90 min south of me .
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    kuzi16:
    badge54fd:
    ... then back north up to New Philly, Ohio for a family reunion.
    thats like 90 min south of me .

Kuzi, We will be heading back to Canada through Akron. Trying to convince my girlfriend to let me stop at the Football Hall of Fame in Canton.

F that noise. stop at my B&M and share a smoke
    Send me the info and I will see what time I will be heading through
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    let me get in on this kuzi. i havent been in for a few weeks. got crazy busy prepping for cleveland marathon.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    What the hell let me know when and I will see if I can make it down.
    all badge has to do is post a time and a date and i will see what i can do.
    you all know im in.
    kuzi16:
    you all know im in.
    Well lets do the dam thing then!
    im in
    Sandman1am:
    kuzi16:
    you all know im in.
    Well lets do the dam thing then!
    fuentejps:
    im in
    as soon as we know whats up (date/time) we can get the show on the road.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Made it home... drove right past that "world's biggest" place (twice!) and didn't even feel the need to stop.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I'm jealous you went to NC. I can't wait to get home. I miss me some Carolina BBQ.
    Just trying to figure out our weekend schedule and will post a time window hopefully later today. Looking forward to meeting a few BOTL/BORKs
    badge54fd:
    Just trying to figure out our weekend schedule and will post a time window hopefully later today. Looking forward to meeting a few BOTL/BORKs
    damnit!
    i have to work all weekend. the first weekend i have to work all of has to be this weekend.
    in the last two weeks we lost 5 cooks that were all senior cooks. now i have to go in and make up for them and train new people. why did we have to lose half our staff NOW?
    Schedule is finalized. I have given an evening pass for Friday night. haha.

So, I will be there on Friday evening July 8th. I have a 9 hour drive coming up from North Carolina during the day so we hope to be checking in to the hotel in New Philly late afternoon.

How does 7pm sound for everyone?

Look forward to meeting people

badge54fd:
    Schedule is finalized. I have given an evening pass for Friday night. haha.

So, I will be there on Friday evening July 8th. I have a 9 hour drive coming up from North Carolina during the day so we hope to be checking in to the hotel in New Philly late afternoon.

How does 7pm sound for everyone?

Look forward to meeting people

sweet! july not june!! world of difference to me. ill everything i can to be there.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. Don't officially count me in yet because my wife will probably be on bed rest by then. This pregancy is kicking her ass. If she is up and around still, I'll shoot down to New Philly. If not, I will ask for pictures of watching you guys drink and have fun.
    our shop is in montrose/fairlawn- akron. hes just staying in new philly i believe.
    June was bad...July could be better. Keep us updated
    GPS has been programmed. Ready to head south. I am spending a week in North Carolina and then heading up to Ohio.

I plan on being at the Village Tobacconist Shop in Faiirlawn OH around 7pm on Friday July 8.

sweet. cant wait.
    just wanna bump this up to the top for those that wanna herf with badge and myself on the 8th of july
    the place is in a link on the first page.

hope to see you all there.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    just wanna bump this up to the top for those that wanna herf with badge and myself on the 8th of july
    the place is in a link on the first page.

hope to see you all there.
    Damn Kuzi may have to make a trip up there one day I liked the Humi list off the site page...
    that is not up to date. the last few times i was in there it was kinda sparse. that list is more of a goal in my opinion. most of the time they have that list and then some. at this moment... they are waiting on shipments i guess..
    Happy 4th to all my american friends

Dont have internet very often down here in the mountains of NC. 2 Miles to the nearest WiFi spot. Doing the tourist thing and having a great time. I think we are heading to Biltmore Estates tomorrow.

Leaving NC on thursday afternoon and plan to be in Ohio mid afternoon on Friday. See you on Friday night Kuzi, and anyone else who shows up.

ill try to be there at about 4sh till close. (9pm)
    just bumping this up so if there are any last minute joiners...

i may be there a bit earlier than 4.
    HERF ON!!

i am at village tobacconist. right now. will shut the place down tonight. feel free to stop in. i have a grey shirt on and a goatee. i may or may not be on my laptop.

hope to see you here. with any luck badge will find the place.