Home General Discussion

UPS REALLY?

Placed an Order for a DD the other day ...... Didnt arrive in the normal 3 days..... Then i checked the Delivery Confirmation.... UPS! .. scheduled for delivery Next week....... I HATE FREAKING UPS..... PACKAGES ALWAYS DAMAGED, ALWAYS TAKES FOREVER TO GET HERE , THEY SIT IN A WHEREHOUSE FOR DAYS BEFORE COMING TO ME, THIS ONES BEEN SITTING IN A PA WHAREHOUSE FOR 3 DAYS ALREADY...... FRAKING PISSES ME OFF ! IF IT ARRIVES ILL BE SURPRISED!

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Caps lock. Deep breath.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    took 5 days for my last order to come.
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Ya, CCOM has talked about this a bit earlier. My understanding is that you can pay an additional $1.00 to have it shipped USPS.
  • havanaalhavanaal Posts: 155 ✭✭
    The best thing about the USPS is that THEY LEAVE THE PACKAGE IN YOUR MAILBOX. There's no way the UPS guy will trek up to the porch in the winter when there's heavy snowpack in the driveway, and no clear way to the porch, which is the norm on snow days here in Upstate NY. So I was very sorry to note the switch of default delivery modes.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    It must be something with you guys being out west. I get UPS next day without a problem...ever. USPS takes an extra two days on average. I much prefer UPS, but then again, I'm only three hours away from the warehouse.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    usually takes an extra day for me when my package gets sent UPS
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    I have no problems with UPS or USPS, I use them both for my business and personal purchases. On the other hand Fedex all seems to drive over my packages a couple of times before dropping it off.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    MTuccelli:
    I have no problems with UPS or USPS.
    +1 to this part of it. I'm in Redwood City CA and this is where I'm at. USPS gets here way faster but even UPS is ok, just a bit slower, no big deal. Hit up a B&M for a smoke on the way home from work today if you really need something thats not already in your humi. otherwise, just kick your feet up and smoke something you have and know its gonna take a few extra days for the newbies to get to you.

Not trying to be condescending at all oz, so I hope you don't take it that way . . .just trying to say that the hobby is supposed to be relaxing, so if the shipping takes a few extra days . . . . eh.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I must Live in some Bubbl;e then, UPS always sits in some wharehouse in the Bay Area before there is enough to fill a truck to come to the sacramento area, then it sits in Sacramento then comes to folsom... SOrry guys but I have not a had a Good expierience with UPS in years...
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccom rep. can change your preference for a buck or 2 for usps i did with tim, seems the further you are from ccom the longer ups takes
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    yeah, UPS takes a week. USPS takes 2 days. it's a West Coast thing I think
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    I'm in PA a few hours from Ccoms warehouses so i don't notice a difference either way, but I gotta admit my wife frickin hates UPS because they knock so lightly and leave without leaving our packages. Any USPS deliveries are always by our door and we never have issues, but it is what it is.

If Ccom chose it its obviously saving money, and you can be guaranteed they WILL pass that savings on to the good customers we all are.

Side note, we need to bomb the living daylights out of Oz, he's been in a terrible mood since I've started being more regular on these forums for the last 2 months. I'm new so I don't know the situation but relax brother, we're all in this together.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    I have no problems with UPS or USPS, I use them both for my business and personal purchases. On the other hand Fedex all seems to drive over my packages a couple of times before dropping it off.
    +1...I frikkin' hate FedEx, I don't even shop at any tattoo supply websites that ship with them anymore.
    alienmisprint:
    MTuccelli:
    +1...I frikkin' hate FedEx, I don't even shop at any tattoo supply websites that ship with them anymore.
    I sell knives and collectible cutlery. there is nothing more frustrating then ordering a battle ready sword to only have Fedex modify it so you can stab around corners.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Placed an Order for a DD the other day ...... Didnt arrive in the normal 3 days..... Then i checked the Delivery Confirmation.... UPS! .. scheduled for delivery Next week....... I HATE FREAKING UPS..... PACKAGES ALWAYS DAMAGED, ALWAYS TAKES FOREVER TO GET HERE , THEY SIT IN A WHEREHOUSE FOR DAYS BEFORE COMING TO ME, THIS ONES BEEN SITTING IN A PA WHAREHOUSE FOR 3 DAYS ALREADY...... FRAKING PISSES ME OFF ! IF IT ARRIVES ILL BE SURPRISED!
    Go grab a beer buddy...and say "Serenity NOW!" Then say thank you to humidified shipping.

"Long ashes my friends."

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    alienmisprint:
    MTuccelli:
    I sell knives and collectible cutlery. there is nothing more frustrating then ordering a battle ready sword to only have Fedex modify it so you can stab around corners.
    Yeah, or to order 10 bottles of pigment and get them in with two or three of the bottles bursted inside of a dented box, getting ink all over EVERYTHING. I feel ya.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With UPS it all comes down to if you are lucky enough to live near one of their distribution centers. I live within an hour and forty minutes of their East Syracuse center and I get my cigars the next morning if I order before 2 PM, and that's after it goes the the Ithaca UPS center.

As far as damaged packages go, I've been lucky with UPS, I've never had a box even be dented. I can't say the same for FedEx. I think they have a crew in charge of beating up packages!
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    +1 for not wanting UPS. On the west coast it's just a crap service. One of the big reasons, aside from great customer service, that I order from ccom is that I can get my stuff sent US post. Every once in a while I will get an order UPS, but since I deal with a rep directly it rarely happens. So many other sites love to send stuff UPS out here. It's a deal breaker for me, especially when it comes to cigars.
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Go grab a beer buddy...and say "Serenity NOW!" Then say thank you to humidified shipping.

ROTFLMAO... If I grabbed a beer there would be NO SERENITY! Ive been Clean for 11 and a Half years and I plan on keeping it that way..... There is no future in Booze..... ive spilled more than most guys have drank........Ozzie and Drugs and Alcohol = Chaos, death and Destruction..... ! LOL
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:

ROTFLMAO... If I grabbed a beer there would be NO SERENITY! Ive been Clean for 11 and a Half years and I plan on keeping it that way..... There is no future in Booze..... ive spilled more than most guys have drank........Ozzie and Drugs and Alcohol = Chaos, death and Destruction..... ! LOL
    Sounds like a good time. LOL
  • Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I can sympathize with the UPS hate. They've managed to crack the neck joints on 2 separate guitars I ordered, and one was literally the last one in production that year. 7 month waits are not fun.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli:
    alienmisprint:
    MTuccelli:
    Do you sell work-type knives?
    Light 'em up.
    beatnic:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:

Fun doesn't even beging to describe my partying days! LOL
    beatnic:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:

• boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Redtailhawkoz:
    beatnic:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:

Oz, good for you for recognizing it, and making a change and sticking to it. 11 and ahalf years is comendable brother, keep it up.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    beatnic:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:

Oz, good for you for recognizing it, and making a change and sticking to it. 11 and ahalf years is comendable brother, keep it up.

+1
    One God, One Truth
  • jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Same here bro. I ordered a package on Wednesday and I won't be getting it til next Wednesday! A friggen week to deliver a package from PA to FL!!! Cigars will be dry as heck by that time man, crap!
    boydmcgowan:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    beatnic:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Krieg:
    Redtailhawkoz:

Thanks Bro.. Alot of others Recognised it before me, the Police , Judges, Ex Wiife, Famiily EETC LOL If your in Redwood City We will have to get together sometime and Smoke a Good Cigar! Thanks for the Props!
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    A few things to keep in mind when dealing with UPS:

if the driver leaves a package at your door and you don't get it due to it being stolen, the driver has to pay for the package. So if the driver has been burned in the past or if you live in a sketchy part of town, don't bank on them leaving it.

Just because Ccom ships your order the day you ordered it, that doesn't mean UPS picked it up that day. With most companies UPS picks up outgoing packages once in the afternoon, if your order gets shipped after this pickup then your order sits for a day until UPS comes back the next day to pick up. Where I work we have our own UPS trailer and once they show up to pick it up, nothing else goes out that day.

Your "shipping clock" doesn't start until UPS has your package, not at the time Ccom ships it. Now I may be wrong on this but I know UPS used to guarantee delivery and if you're in a 3-day zone and it takes 4 days then they would refund your shipping. We work with a company who tracks all of our UPS and Fedex shipments. Anytime they find a package that didn't get there on time, they file a claim and we get a refund and if the customer asks we refund their shipping charges. Now since Ccom does a lot of free shipping this doesn't help much here but it's something to keep in mind when dealing with other companies.

of course none of this changes the fact that the mail is pretty much faster 9 times out of 10 but I hope it helps to shed some light on how UPS operates.
    JCizzle:
    MTuccelli:
    alienmisprint:
    MTuccelli:
    Do you sell work-type knives?
    Pm me what you are looking for