Home Non Cigar Related

Home at last!!

I'm home at last. 7 months in Afghanistan was enough. I had a few days to settle in and I'm getting used things. Like sleeping next to the wife again or driving on the left side of the car. I have a honey-do list to get to work on this weekend. Its nice living a normal life again. I have coffee in the morning, my kids slam the door while running in and out, the dogs bark at any little sound outside, cold beer after working all day and neighbors all wave when we drive by. Life is good.

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    I'm home at last. 7 months in Afghanistan was enough. I had a few days to settle in and I'm getting used things. Like sleeping next to the wife again or driving on the left side of the car. I have a honey-do list to get to work on this weekend. Its nice living a normal life again. I have coffee in the morning, my kids slam the door while running in and out, the dogs bark at any little sound outside, cold beer after working all day and neighbors all wave when we drive by. Life is good.
    Welcome back and thanks for the service, we all appreciate it.

Keep an eye on the California Herf thread as June is just around the corner. Life will just get better.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Glad your home safe and sound. thank you for your service.
    One God, One Truth
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    jr_p951:
    Welcome home brother.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God Bless and welcome home! Thanks for your service.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Welcome home my friend. I am glad you returned home safely. Thank you so much for your service and protection of our freedoms.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Welcome home Jr and thank you for your hard work and dedication to our country. God Bless you brother
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Glad you made it home safely. Take your time getting back in the groove of things. God knows patience is key.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Thank you for your service, God bless you for getting home safely, sit back and enjoy your family.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Welcome home! Enjoy it, you've earned it
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    RCY Cigars:
    Glad you made it home safely. Take your time getting back in the groove of things. God knows patience is key.

+1 going on deployment is difficult, being on deployment is easy (its what we train for!), coming home can sometimes be heartbreakingly slow and more difficult than being gone for years at a time.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome home, my friend, and thank you for your service.

Marty

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Welcome home and thank you for everything you've done for all of us!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jr_p951:
    enjoy bro, that stuff use to piss my old man off in his younger years, later he started to like hearing them things like kids making noise and thanks for what you do!