Home General Discussion

Best Value Sticks

ZAPZAP Posts: 186 ✭✭
The more I smoke cigars the more I realize there are a LOT of good quality smokes that don't cost much.   What are your favorite value sticks?

My top two are:

Cu-Avana Intenso   (Would match up against many higher priced strong smokes imho)
La Herencia Cubana (The best valued AJ blend imho.)

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZAP:
    The more I smoke cigars the more I realize there are a LOT of good quality smokes that don't cost much.   What are your favorite value sticks?

My top two are:

Cu-Avana Intenso   (Would match up against many higher priced strong smokes imho)
    everyones palate is different but a few of mine are morro castle, some arturo fuentes are cheap and great like today i hit on some 858 maduros for less than 20 bucks for 5, sol cubano cuban cabinet, the ccom line of smoke like the brazilian and sungrown, G2, lhcof a staple in the humi
  • bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    Graycliff G2 about $50-$60 a box smooth connie
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    The Diesel line, Nica Libre, and LHCOF are a few of my favorite cheaper sticks.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Pinar del Rio has moved up their for me recently.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto bundle. Usually $2 a stick.... Best value, IMHO.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Diesel UHC and the LGC original sumatra. Both are in my top 5 regardless of price an both at around $100 per box of 30 or 25.

great thread btw.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Gran Habano #3, Blue Label, and I second the LGC sumatra.

• djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Diesel Unlimited D5 ...Nuf said
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    lilwing88:
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002 Robusto bundle. Usually $2 a stick.... Best value, IMHO.
    +1 Also the Ccom blends are excellent.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    I've kinda learned if your patient and keep your eyes open you can find enough good deals to not worry about cheap sticks.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    +1 on the patience for steals at ccom. I enjoy El Baton, and Perdomo2 for everyday value.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    wwestern:
    I've kinda learned if your patient and keep your eyes open you can find enough good deals to not worry about cheap sticks.
    That's what I do. Then my "cheap" sticks aren't really "cheap" sticks.

I only smoke about once or twice a week, so they tend to be more on the expensive side, but even still I find I need to have some budget sticks around for those times when the cigar might get destroyed. Out in the pool, yardwork, etc. For those times I like:

5 Vegas CS II
    5 Vegas Gold
    Diesel Unlimited
    JDN Extra Fuerte
    Sol Cubano Cuban Classic
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte
    Gran Habano 2002 Robusto
    or almost anything Gran Habano really.
  • sdipsdip Posts: 406
    hands down the CAO La Traviata
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Since I am still pretty much a newb, how many of you purchase seconds? Are they worth it and is there any added benefit to getting a second? I am starting to think that if I want to see what I really like, seconds would be worth trying. Any opinions?
  • sdip:
    hands down the CAO La Traviata

+1,  Also for about 2.50 (box Price) Reposado 96 is very good but a long smoke..

• crzydimnd68crzydimnd68 Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Oliveros Best Buy sampler in transit.The maduro fuerte is a good smoke.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I like the cuba libre as well.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte, Carlos Torano Signature, CCom House blends
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    IMHO, Gurkha's best sticks are also their most inexpensive. Sherpa CAFE, Cuban Legacy, and Park Avenue (both the original and the maduro) are all very good cigars which are easy on the pocket book.

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Gran Habano. Ccom House Blends.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ccom blends, diesels, LHCOF, 5 Vegas line, these are my favs just to name a few.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    #1- Vudu..... trust me
    #2-Jesus Fuego 777...... again trust me
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    5-Vegas line is a pretty good smoke for the price. Usually get a box of coronas with the upgrade; around 60$ for 35 cigars, not a bad price, if you like them that is.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    Since I am still pretty much a newb, how many of you purchase seconds? Are they worth it and is there any added benefit to getting a second? I am starting to think that if I want to see what I really like, seconds would be worth trying. Any opinions?
    I've only tried a couple 2nds (RP Vintage 92 and 90), both were just as good as the regular.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    ZAP:

My top two are:

Glad to hear this... have a couple of the La Herencia Cubana on the way... Ok where's the freakin mail carrier!!!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Ep Carrillo stuff in general, but the New Wave Connecticut is at the top for me, as it is really a great blend, performs well, and also is dirt cheap. The Short Run Populares is also great.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lakota72:
    i almost never buy them
    the only ones i find that are worth the cash are the 3x3 (davidoff seconds)
  • MonteWhiteMonteWhite Posts: 200
    I would agree with Kuzi here in that I also think the Davidoff 3x3s are definitely worth it. I think they're great. However, I don't know about other seconds since I haven't smoked any others before.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    kuzi16:
    Lakota72:
    i almost never buy them
    the only ones i find that are worth the cash are the 3x3 (davidoff seconds)
    Iiiiinteresting. Always wondered about these. If Kuzi says they are worthy of Davidoff secondism, then I may have to jump...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not as good as davidoff but i am not mad at em at all. they have the blending style and that is the important part