Home General Discussion

Gurkha Black Dragon

alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
I just smoked my first of these, and man, I was really impressed. I don't really expect much from any Gurkhas any more, but this one was really, really good. I had it in the robusto, and I was wondering, is the churchill as good or better? Or should I stick with the robustos?

Comments

• DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    I'd stick with the robusto, but thats just me with any cigar.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I just had the Churchill last night and it had a wow factor to it.
    I loved it I'll be seeking out more.

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    stephen_hannibal:
    I just had the Churchill last night and it had a wow factor to it.
    I loved it I'll be seeking out more.

+1 as crazy as it sounds I had my first lastnight in a churchill and pretty much thought the same thing as alien. Pretty dang impressed!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    One of my favorite smokes. I prefer the robusto but don't get me wrong, I won't turn down the churchill. lol
    Light 'em up.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    alienmisprint:
    I just smoked my first of these, and man, I was really impressed. I don't really expect much from any Gurkhas any more, but this one was really, really good. I had it in the robusto, and I was wondering, is the churchill as good or better? Or should I stick with the robustos?

Interesting that you say that because i had a black dragon yesterday (my first) and I was impressed myself as well. Normally with a Gurk..I kind of expect a wish-wash.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Lol, did everyone just have their first Black Dragon at the same time? That's crazy, but yeah, it really did wow me. And I'm with you vid, I don't expect much from any Gurkha I haven't already tried, but this one really did impress me. Guess I'm going to have to try it in Churchill.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alien, I am sending you the churchill in your package. Glad I didn't get it out yet. It is really good.
    Lol, awesome man, I appreciate it!
    Quick question, the Churchill that everyone is referring is the 52 RG one, right? the one in the Gurkha Guerrilla Warfare deal?
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    I got more of the rich spicy flavor out of the robusto. To me, the churchill was milder in flavor.
    Light 'em up.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    alienmisprint:
    Quick question, the Churchill that everyone is referring is the 52 RG one, right? the one in the Gurkha Guerrilla Warfare deal?
    that's the one I had.
    alienmisprint:
    This one is from the tubo so I don't know if it is any different or not.
    Yeah Jake, the tubo ones are the 52 RG, the regular cedar-wrapped Churches are 56 I believe.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I love the black dragon, I've had a churchill and robusto both and they both were great!
    Smoked the robusto today and it was great but I like the tubo Churchill more. Sending one your way alien with other goodies.
    Awesome man, I can't wait. I might actually be buying some Gurkhas in the future, who woulda thunk.
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    alien pm me your addy I might have a couple of these.