Home Non Cigar Related

Ban Cell Phones

New research... now cell phones may cause cancer.. so with the Telecomm lobby in DC do you think there will ever be a ban on cell phones??

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I use mine, here's some regulation I could kind of get behind (sarcasm in case it wasn't strong enough). I absolutely hate cell phones. I'd love to live in a world where cell phones were never invented and people actually paid attention to the people standing infront of them.
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Ah, using the cell phone for your convenience not the callers... makes my friends crazy when my phone rings and I don't answer.. because I am doing something else. The call is recorded and I will get to it .. when I get to it..
  • ctschirgictschirgi Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Cell phones and the ability to receive email anywhere is largely responsible for the loss of middle management. The big boss now has the requirement/ability to make the decisions any time day or night. While at first this might seem like a good idea, it isn't developing the middle management who will one day step into the bossman's shoes. I see this in my chosen profession and would bet the same is true in private industry. Don't get me started on driving with the cell phone or calling your loved one to tell them that you are pulling into the driveway, calling your teenaged daughter in her room so that she comes down to breakfast, etc.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I agree that these examples are all abuses, but it isn't the cell phone itself that's too blame. We make the choices on how we use the tech and frankly we don't choose well (but how often do we choose well?). There's nothing new about the research indicating that cell phones may cause or aggravate certain kinds of tumors (duh, it's radiation), but again it comes down to how we choose to use the tech. I for one wouldn't want to see a ban (except maybe while driving in town), but neither does it make me happy when someone blabs as loudly as possible from the table next to me on the one night of the month I decide to have nice dinner.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    You've all forgotten the greatest use of the cell phone. You can leave school/work and call in your dinner delivery order on your way home. I wish I was lying when I said that's the reason I finally broke down and got one...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'm driving down the highway and typing this on my cell phone. I'll be cancer free.