Home General Discussion

new website

I like the look of the new website, does everyone else or do you prefer the old one?

Comments

• jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    I like it
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    it took me a moment to find things but i like it.
  • golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    I agree....pretty uptown...congrats c.com
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Looks great. I like it. More professional looking IMHO too.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Ya seems cleaner, easier to navigate. I give it an 8.5.
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Yeah different but I like it a lot better. Will take a couple of days to get use to.
  • rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I agree with carmike22. Will take a couple of days to get used to but should be pretty good.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Very nice update on the site I especially like the Cigar product section with the reviews and photos.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Initially it was like what the _____!!!!! Looks good, gonna have to play around.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Wow! o.O Very nicely done, C.com :D

It looks very professional and clean. Definately a move in the right direction.
  • Definitely very slick. Only thing I'd change about it would be the ability to add cigars to your favorites list the same way you add them to your cart without switching pages (if you want to add more than one size, or both the single and the box options for easier ordering). Also, it would be nice to have a "to-try" list as well as a favorites list, to avoid possible confusion if you want to remind yourself to try a certain brand, but that's an extra feature that could be added, not a problem with the current design.

Also, the picture of Tim at the very bottom is somewhat disturbing... not his best mugshot, I'd say.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    gott.des.feuer:
    Also, the picture of Tim at the very bottom is somewhat disturbing... not his best mugshot, I'd say.
    LMFAO...but I tend to agree. He's got that Chuck Manson wide-eyed look going, but it's working for him; you noticed his picture ;)
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    LOL very true he looks like that cigar could possibly be about to explode.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    I hate to say this because I like ccom better but the new site looks a lot like the ci.com site with the different specials rotating on the main page and all. It felt a little copied at first. No matter, it's the company not the site that makes it for me and ccom is still my favorite.
  • ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I've noticed a few glitches, like where the text will say "A $70 value, only 34.99" but the price to add to cart is $70. These things can be worked out though.

There are some things I like about the new site, some I liked better about the old, but overall I'd say it's an improvement.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    pilot711:
    I hate to say this because I like ccom better but the new site looks a lot like the ci.com site with the different specials rotating on the main page and all. It felt a little copied at first. No matter, it's the company not the site that makes it for me and ccom is still my favorite.
    I noticed the same thing and felt the same way. Like you said, it's the company that counts.