Home General Discussion

Stolen Cigars

So I was hosting a little soiree of beer pong and flippy cup and my house last night. After many hours of fun and games I came up stairs to the bar to discover the whole top tray of my humidor had been cleaned out. Im sure you could all understand how angry I was. I proceeded to kick everyone out of my house in a rather rude manner. No fights broke out as I was restrained from a few scrapes. And was left to sulk the rest of the night over my losses.

All in all the losses may not be great in some eyes but I dont have much money to put into my cigar collection and over half my stock was taken. All my nub cigars were stolen. Some of my CCOM sampler (red, purple, corojo, and cameroon) Some Rockey patel cigars, la gloria cigars, cohiba, punch gran puro and punch rare corojo. Thats about all i can think off the top of my head :( Luckily my gurkha, god of fire, and cuban cigars were left alone....so whoever stole them has no clue about cigars. Maybe worst of all I broke my humidor when I slammed the top shut....so if someone could link me a good site on how to make one I think ill be in the market for one soon....

Comments

• kodkod Posts: 41
    There are many things you never do to another man and one of those things is steel his property. Back in the wild west that was more than enough reason to kill a man. I hope you find the people who took your cigars.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    if your humidor is broken this may be the opportunity to buy one with a lock on it.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Damn I hate that happens, and a ass kick'n is in order...yeah you might want to invest in a humi. that locks
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, I would start over with an inexpensive box rather than try and make one. If nothing else Tupperwear, or zip lock bags worked for me until I finally bought a good humidor. Water pillow or even a sponge will work but I would try to avoid the sponge because I would worry about them getting moldy. Maybe put your broken humidor in a big plastic box or bag to help the seal,along with the pillows I mentioned. Rethink the people you invite to your home because if they would take your cigars, they would take anything. Make a copy of this posting and save it for the jury as evidence, it may be the key piece of evidence that gets you off the murder charges as justifible homicide.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My college roommate and I both smoked cigars. We, as usual, had a party one night at our apartment mostly just our frat brothers and their girlfriends. However, we walk outside to the deck and discover two dumbasses we don't know gutting a vintage H.Upmann that had been given to my roommate by his uncle. It had been in his uncle's humidor for at least 10 years and was now sliced open and all the beautiful long filler dumped on the table. Needless to say there was a broken table, busted lip, swollen knuckles and probably a broken nose. Thankfully it was one of 5 he had. From that day forward the humi's went under the bed before a party. I can feel your pain buddy. Hopefully your cigars weren't destined for the same fate as that Upmann.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    if your humidor is broken this may be the opportunity to buy one with a lock on it.
    And really sorry to hear of what is not so much your loss (even though you can't really afford to restock right now), but your betrayal by "friends". That is the part that hurts the worst I imagine. Time will replace the cigars soon enough, but trust will take a damn sight longer.

Buy a locking humi. It will not keep out a dedicated thief, but perhaps it will put off a "Thief of Opportunity".
  • phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    Sorry to hear about your loss bro. That really sucks. I too have come home to a party at my apt. in college and found people in my room who should not be there and all over my ***. Swift kicks in the ass were handed out.
    As far as a new humidor; get a cooler. If you have questions let me know. I can fill you in on how to make a coolerdor. I have used one for two years and it is spectacular.
    -Dave
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    phisherman:
    Sorry to hear about your loss bro. That really sucks. I too have come home to a party at my apt. in college and found people in my room who should not be there and all over my ***. Swift kicks in the ass were handed out.
    As far as a new humidor; get a cooler. If you have questions let me know. I can fill you in on how to make a coolerdor. I have used one for two years and it is spectacular.
    -Dave
    O.k. I'll bite how do you make a coolerdor?....
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Yeah phish, how? Why don't you make a thread and let us all know how to do it? That would be awesome.
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    dang, handy, sorry to hear that.
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    my humidor did have a lock on it....but i never kept it locked....lesson learned I guess. Still pretty heated about the cigars but if thats the worse thing that ever happens I can deal with that. Phish I'm glad you posted about the coolerador. I went to wal-mart and looked at some coolers. Would really like to know what size and how many humi beads to put in it....please post about your cooler maybe I can copy ya....thanks alot buddy
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Its still a shame handy, you'd like to have more faith in people, but things like this make it hard. If you find out who the culprit(s) are, then at least you know who your friends are and who to never talk to again.

I too am quite interested in this collerador idea. My humidors are packed to the gills, and I think I'm having some humidity control issues due to my overstocking, so an inexpensive alternative would be great.

In regards to how many beads to use, you could just follow the guidelines that heartfelt gives you. Just determine the interior volume of your cooler (whichever size you might buy) by multiplying its three dimensions ( length x width x height) and that will give you the cubic inches or volume of the cooler and use the corresponding amount of beads....then just throw in some extra beads for the sake of stability.

Joe
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70
    Sorry to hear that man. Its a reminder that some people in the world can be heartless with no soul. I absolutly hate people that steal and lie. Im young too with not much to spare either on cigars so my heart goes out to you man. But I would definately invest in a humidor with a lock on it. Good luck my friend.
  • LarryDLarryD Posts: 59
    No lower life form than a thief. It boils my blood just thinking about it! That really suck when people show their appreciation for you opening your home to them by taking part of it home with them.
  • madurofan:
    ...we walk outside to the deck and discover two dumbasses we don't know gutting a vintage H.Upmann that had been given to my roommate by his uncle. It had been in his uncle's humidor for at least 10 years and was now sliced open and all the beautiful long filler dumped on the table...

What's worse is that not only did they ruin the cigar, but they were probably some stoner dumbasses and were going to do something stupid with it like use the wrapper to roll a blunt. I don't really care if people want to waste their time/money/brain cells getting high, that's their business, but at least they could have the common sense to use cheap *** like Dutch Masters or Phillies if they're going to do that.

Anyways, my sympathies to everyone who's had something cruddy like this happen to them.