Home Non Cigar Related

Texas vs. OSU

LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
Wow, what a finish! Could care less about either team, but it reminds you why it's fun to watch.

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    you're damn skippy. Good game, congrats Longhorns.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    GO HORNS!!!! haha I'm actually more of a Texas Tech fan, but anytime a TEXAS team can beat someone from Ohio I'm all for it!! haha Just kidding, kinda taking a shot at Kuzi with that one. It was a great game and had some good drinks and GREAT smokes!
    Yea well when an Ohio team actually wins a bowl game thats an accomplishment, hehe,
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    GO HORNS!!!! haha I'm actually more of a Texas Tech fan, but anytime a TEXAS team can beat someone from Ohio I'm all for it!! haha Just kidding, kinda taking a shot at Kuzi with that one. It was a great game and had some good drinks and GREAT smokes!
    kinda hard to take a shot me for that.

i have just about zero interest in Collegiate and/or professional sports. I love soccer and i still dont follow MLS or international soccer.

a bunch of my coworkers were pretty bummed, though.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    I was pretty bummed...it was a good game, definitely BCS caliber game. Horns have a heck of an offense
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Man, the Big 10 is having a rough year.
    The big 10 is having a rough decade.
    True dat.
    The sad reality of the situation is that the best want to go down south or to cali to play ball. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    madurofan:
    The big 10 is having a rough decade.
    should be the bad 10 or is it 11
    madurofan:
    The sad reality of the situation is that the best want to go down south or to cali to play ball. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    Plus, last I head, Florida, California, and Texas (in that order) are the states with the richest h.s. talent pools to start with.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    Plus, last I head, Florida, California, and Texas (in that order) are the states with the richest h.s. talent pools to start with.
    HS football is big-time 'business' in those states and in must of the southern states also...its either football or baseball. Not much else is pushed.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Hmm, Pennsylvania has to be fourth then...but I would have guessed even higher maybe. HS football is bigtime here in western PA too.
    According to ESPN, the Virginia Beach Area is right up there with FL, Texas and all as far as the talent we produce. We just don't take it as seriously. Now if we could just keep our football players out of jail ... first Vick, now Plax ...
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Wow, I stand corrected about HS football talent. If you're a fan of college football, very interesting piece on SI.com about the state of college recruiting. PA is sixth...jeez.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/01/20/recruiting/index.html?eref=T1