Home General Discussion

Looking for Recommendations

I just picked up cigar smoking a few months ago, I never have smoked cigarettes.  I found that I really like the Acid Kuba Kuba cigar.  I like the strength, how I can smoke it down to the nub and it gets better and I usually don't stop until I almost burn my fingers.  One of my previous turn offs with cigars was that I could never finish one and if I did it started tasting real bad towards the end.  Yesterday I tried a Rocky Patel Decade and it was way to strong for me, I could not finish it.  I was thinking of trying out the Acid Opulence 3.  I was wondering for when ordering future cigars the following:

What is my strength profile?  Or did I try cigars on the opposite ends of the spectrum?

Are there other cigars out there so good you practically burn your fingers getting every breath of smoke out of?

I understand I was smoking an infused cigar but are there others out there that smooth?  If so what are your recommendations along my strength level?  Also is there a house blend that would fit my profile that would be recommended?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Hey, welcome to the forum! Here you'll find all sorts of great info. concerning all things cigar.

If you've only been smoking a few months and the decade was way too strong for you I'd say your strength, for now, is clearly in the mild category. This will change and develop over time but there are delicious milds for everyone, new and experienced alike.

As for finding cigars so good they're nub worthy that totally depends on your personal palate as it's different for everybody. One person's yuck is another person's yum. For starters I think the Ccom house blend purple label would be a great, inexpensive cigar to try.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    bigharpoon:
    Hey, welcome to the forum! Here you'll find all sorts of great info. concerning all things cigar.

If you've only been smoking a few months and the decade was way too strong for you I'd say your strength, for now, is clearly in the mild category. This will change and develop over time but there are delicious milds for everyone, new and experienced alike.

As for finding cigars so good they're nub worthy that totally depends on your personal palate as it's different for everybody. One person's yuck is another person's yum. For starters I think the Ccom house blend purple label would be a great, inexpensive cigar to try.

+1
    The purple is a great place to start. Also, consider checking out the 5 Vegas Gold (then the Gold Maduro once you're ready for just a hint more strength).
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the group, PM me your address and Ill send you a couple Opulance 3's.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    If you are looking for smooth mild flavor, I would recommend trying a Romeo y Julieta (with a connecticut wrapper) if you want a very nice mild cigar. Bacarrat is another mild cigar to try (they have a sweetened end cap) I have never tried an Acid, but I would say the house blends are a great start. You may want to also check out the samplers on ccom. Most important thing is to keep trying different blends and you will find out what you like. Enjoy it Matt, and I will look forward to catching up with you on the fourm.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum! A few more milder bodied cigars with great flavor profiles are the Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne, La Perla Habana Cobre, and CAO Gold.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    The Graycliff G2 is one of my personal favorite milds. Great price, too. The Oliva Connecticutt Reserve is another good one. I recommend you shop the site and get yourself some samplers. The 90+ rated sampler they sell is a good one to start with.
  • bipbip Posts: 483
    John Bull is a pretty mild cigar that tastes slightly sweet. If you want to continue trying infused-try a Kopi Lewak also.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Sounds like you'd better get smoking! ;)
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Gurkha Park Ave
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. I'd recommend checking out Connecticut wrapped cigars. Many good ones have already been mentioned. There are mild cigars in other wrappers as well that might be good. A call, or email to ccom would be a good place to start.

Can't help much with the infused stuff. I've only tried a handful. I did like the 1400cc though. That wasn't bad. Smooth too.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Welcome to the forum! A few more milder bodied cigars with great flavor profiles are the Perdomo 10th Anniversary Champagne, La Perla Habana Cobre, and CAO Gold.
    One more that popped into my mind is the Chateau Fuente Maduro. Its mild to medium in body, with lots of smooth flavors.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They got a good looking Connie sampler. Never tried any myself looking forward to trying the house blend one I got waiting for me.
  • bigmatt72bigmatt72 Posts: 89
    Thank you all for your recommendations, looks like I'll need to get a 3rd humidor. I travel frequently, so I have one at my house which I'm usually never at and one with me on the road.  The road humidor creates problems especially when I'm driving considering the current heat wave.  I think I will call CCOM to make a custom sampler with all of the recommendations above.  I am really looking forward to sampling them and thank you very much for the welcome to the community, I am looking forward to participating in these forums.

Matt