Home General Discussion

weekend blitz looks good

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=390 ,,whats everyones favorite vitola in these?

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    funny I was just going to ask you the same? I havent even tried one of these, but it does look like a good deal
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Interested in a box of these in the No.50 Xtra size (The 6x50). Love perfecto shapes, and then in loner skinnier vitolas (not that 50rg is skinny, but compared to most perfectos, it is.)
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Always on the lookout for great cigars at great prices...I pulled the trigger on the 5.7x54 mini salomons. I have some MOW Virtue mini salomons and I've really grown to love this vitola (I know, they're nothing alike but the vitola is a great shape and size)! San Andres maduro wrapper, stories of superior construction, a production facility that doesn't want to be named so they're not associated with inexpensive cigars, how could I resist??? It's a shot in the dark but one I'm willing to take, hope they're good!!!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I have the No. 54 on my list of boxes to buy. And doesn't it figure, this would pop up now when I'm leaving for the beach on Monday!
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    I have the No. 54 on my list of boxes to buy. And doesn't it figure, this would pop up now when I'm leaving for the beach on Monday!
    i have the 6x50 that i bought 10 of and have gave a couple away but only been in the humi since 7-14 , will try it 1st tonight so if i like ill make up my mind if i wanna box
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I have a few samples that should arrive on Saturday... if they work out i'm in for a box
    if you wanna see the shapes of the vitolas you can see a picture at ccom competitor neighbors site but im not going to put it up here, search and you can see the differnt shapes etc, nice picture of the different vitolas
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    So these 1844's....they're pretty good?
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I ordered 5 of the 50-xtras with my kelly deal last week but they sent the 50 instead, so i havent tried any yet. I've heard some pretty decent things tho. Especially at the price.
    Damn, I want to know who the manufacturer is... If, that is, it isn't A.J. I feel like I remember reading somewhere, an interview or a video maybe where A.J. said he was moving away from the bargain cigar world that he has become so linked with through the exclusives he makes for CI and CCom, etc.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    skweekz:
    doesn't it figure, this would pop up now when I'm leaving for the beach on Monday!
    I had this problem before. I e-mailed Tim, asked him if he could bill me then hold them until I get back. He took care of it for me with no problems.
    Hey Im down to trade if someone doesnt want to get stuck with a whole box. I got some Black pearls or PDR's I can put up, or can come up with something else.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Damn, I want to know who the manufacturer is... If, that is, it isn't A.J. I feel like I remember reading somewhere, an interview or a video maybe where A.J. said he was moving away from the bargain cigar world that he has become so linked with through the exclusives he makes for CI and CCom, etc.

Are you serious???????????

from what ive seen around it is an aj, but just hear say maybe alex can say for sure
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    from what ive seen around it is an aj, but just hear say maybe alex can say for sure
    I think Alex has already said, he's not going to say. Does look interesting though, may buy some.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    RCY Cigars:
    docbp87:

That's not to say he isn't still going to be making cigars for CCom, etc. but his brands that he owns, he is going for a different image, not just low price, bargain cigars. Despite their quality, the majority of the cigar smoking world, in fact, almost all of the cigar smoking world (aside from the folks on this forum pretty much), view online house exclusives all the same... cheap, and not great.
    just finishing up mine, burn was perfect, plenty smoke, flavors were kinda strong to me but i did kinda like it but think ill hold off on a box until i try a couple more with more rest. i think ill spend a little more for the san lotano maduro , my opinion. i think if you like the mow's you will like these, got about an inch left, fired it up @ 6:30 and i thought it was the 6x50 but it was a 5.7 x 54
    jj20030:
    just finishing up mine, burn was perfect, plenty smoke, flavors were kinda strong to me but i did kinda like it but think ill hold off on a box until i try a couple more with more rest. i think ill spend a little more for the san lotano maduro , my opinion. i think if you like the mow's you will like these, got about an inch left, fired it up @ 6:30 and i thought it was the 6x50 but it was a 5.7 x 54
    Thanks man, appreciate the feedback!!
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    [Despite their quality, the majority of the cigar smoking world, in fact, almost all of the cigar smoking world (aside from the folks on this forum pretty much), view online house exclusives all the same... cheap, and not great.
    Here is an admission from me------Im one of the aforemention cigar snobs----I surely try them, and a few here and there I do enjoy....but as a general rule :/
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    RCY Cigars:
    docbp87:

That's not to say he isn't still going to be making cigars for CCom, etc. but his brands that he owns, he is going for a different image, not just low price, bargain cigars. Despite their quality, the majority of the cigar smoking world, in fact, almost all of the cigar smoking world (aside from the folks on this forum pretty much), view online house exclusives all the same... cheap, and not great.
    I know I have said this before, but this never ceases to amaze me. The truth is that the brands you reference use better tobaccos and are more costly to make than many of the nationally distributed brands out there that people pay 2 and 3 times as much for. They just happen to be inexpensive because it is factory direct to customer without all the middle men marking them up. In fact, one of the online exclusive brands that we sell here is the same exact blend and cigar as a very popular nationally distributed boutique blend that has earned 94+ points and we sell our brand for under $4 day in and day out. Funny enough, i have read reviews on other forums where a poster will write negative commentts about the off brand, but then rave about the national brand not knowing it is the same cigar. Just goes to show that price and the brand name create a lot of perception to many of the more uneducated smokers and consumers out there. But to each their own. If people want to pay double, who am I argue with them.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    RCY Cigars:
    docbp87:

I know I have said this before, but this never ceases to amaze me. The truth is that the brands you reference use better tobaccos and are more costly to make than many of the nationally distributed brands out there that people pay 2 and 3 times as much for. They just happen to be inexpensive because it is factory direct to customer without all the middle men marking them up. In fact, one of the online exclusive brands that we sell here is the same exact blend and cigar as a very popular nationally distributed boutique blend that has earned 94+ points and we sell our brand for under $4 day in and day out. Funny enough, i have read reviews on other forums where a poster will write negative commentts about the off brand, but then rave about the national brand not knowing it is the same cigar. Just goes to show that price and the brand name create a lot of perception to many of the more uneducated smokers and consumers out there. But to each their own. If people want to pay double, who am I argue with them.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Just pounced on a box of the 60's.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    RCY Cigars:
    docbp87:

Dearest Alex:

If I told you I was interested in buying on online-only cigar that tastes as good as something that would be 94 rated, which cigar would you suggest? *wink, nudge*

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a smoker on a tight budget, I truly appreciate how ccom and others can bring us such good smokes at reasonable prices. If it weren't for them I probably would never have taken it up. Since there's no way I could ever justify paying 10$ and more for a stick.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    Apparently he can't, he said in a previous thread that he promised whomever not to reveal that info.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    RCY Cigars:
    docbp87:

You know this rings true for so many products. look at the labels on some of your household items. They're not competing brands they're all owned and made by the same people.

LOL

• RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Good looking weekend blitz..I'll have to see if I have room after today's delivery.
    Rhamlin:
    As a smoker on a tight budget, I truly appreciate how ccom and others can bring us such good smokes at reasonable prices. If it weren't for them I probably would never have taken it up. Since there's no way I could ever justify paying 10$ and more for a stick.
    +1 on how CCom bring us fabulous deals, Theres no way I would of ever tried a cigar at a retail price like the Armada. CCom was able to offer that one and many others in sampler deals where a guy can try a wide variety of cigars at reasonable prices.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Rhamlin:
    +1 on how CCom bring us fabulous deals, Theres no way I would of ever tried a cigar at a retail price like the Armada. CCom was able to offer that one and many others in sampler deals where a guy can try a wide variety of cigars at reasonable prices.
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Amos Umwhat:
    The Kid:
    Rhamlin:
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!+
    totally agree whats listed above!