Home Non Cigar Related

American drilled gas

J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
I got this from my mother-in-law and have not completely ran down all of the details but I thought this was very intersting. I like the idea of buying American when possible and this is one time that it just makes sense. Feel free to correct or add any info. This is a soap box for me. I just don't understand why we need to prevent drilling in the USA.

Here is a list of companies that buy no overseas oil!

Sunoco..........................0 barrels
>
> Conoco......................... 0 barrels
>
> Sinclair..........................0 barrels
>
> BP / Phillips................. 0 barrels
>
> Hess..............................0 barrels
>
> ARC0........................... 0 barrels
>
> Maverick.......................0 barrels
>
> Flying J.........................0 barrels
>
> Valero.......................... 0 barrels
>
> Kwik Fill.......................0 barrels
>
> Murphy Oil USA *.........0 barrels
>
> *Sold at Wal-Mart, Sam's Club -
> gas is from South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.
>
> *Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their town
> who finish high school and are legal US citizens..
>
> All of this information is
> available from the U.S. Department of Energy and each company is
> required to state where they get their oil and how much they are
> importing.
>

Comments

• GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Is there a difference in your eyes between buying overseas oil and drilling overseas? BP has operations all over the globe in places like Russia and Africa. I assume this is the case for many of the companies listed.

Its possible that none of that oil produced in other parts of the world makes it to the US but I would doubt it.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    No, there are several companies that import oil in the US. Shell, for example, imported 205,742,000 barrels last year according the my mother-in-laws source. Drilling overseas is a separate issue to me. BP as I understand in not a US company. Its headquarters are in England, if I recall correctly. However, they do drill on US soil and they use the oil drilled here here. That keeps people working!

The difference is that we have US workers working not to mention when buying from them we avoid supporting those countries that hate us. However, I am mainly concerned with our economy and what US drilled oil and gas can do for those who need work here. I am not an oil man so I have nothing to gain personally but I like the idea of supporting American jobs when possible.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    You see, it makes sense to suck the rest of the world dry first....
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    zoom6zoom:
    You see, it makes sense to suck the rest of the world dry first....
    There is a lot of truth to that. Buy now from other countries while its cheap but in 30 years when the east is running out we will still have our massive supply. Nice ace to have up our sleeve.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    BP can kiss my ass