Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2011 BORK Fantasy Football League

Are you ready?

well, based on all the post, yes, you are all ready... so here we go...

Last year we went with a $25 buy in and 8 team playoff with this prize breakdown (dollar amounts would change with more players) winning payouts were received in Ccom Gift Certificates, not cash... just a reminder
Projected 16 team Pot = $400
Each Division Champ - $40
3rd Place (winner of 3rd place Bowl) - $30
2nd Place (Super Bowl Loser) - $75
Champ (Super Bowl Winner) - $135

I'm open to $ or sticks... sticks would be easier for me since I wouldn't have to deal with the $, but I'm open to either or...

So here are the confirmed teams
1. robbyras aka "The Nut Sackers" - PAID
2. the Sniper - PAID
3. Vulchor aka "Vulchor's Villans" - PAID
4. t_evan50 - PAID
5. beatnic aka "Existentialists" - PAID
6. The Kid - aka "Team Raptor" - PAID
7. gaberox - PAID by wwestern
8. Ripp aka "Cigarface" - PAID
9. Bombay - PAID
10 surfingzeeko
11. ilwing88 aka "Chicago Crackheads" - PAID
12. RaschNuts - PAID
13. skweekz - PAID
14. KenLight - PAID
15. RCY Cigars - PAID
16. D-Rob - PAID

I'm down for expansion, but I think 16 teams should be the limit... if you all disagree just let me know... As far as new players, these rules apply: over 50 posts & solid rep on the board (good traders list, etc)...

the league will be on ESPN again and I will set it up and get emails out soon. ESPN Standard scoring will apply and all that info will be made available...

so we will hold off on adding any additional new teams until we hear back from former managers... once we figure out who is in and who is out, we will fill those open spots on a first come basis, so if you want in post here and I'll put you on the waiting list...

obviously, there is more to come...

Comments

• BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Thanks for setting it up. Let me know if I am in.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    If you have a spot open I'm in. Just let me know. Down for cash or sticks
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    No problem on holding me as an alternate. I can understand that. Thank you, Marker.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I added an alternate/waiting list... Bombay meets all the requirements to join so he is first on that list... followed by RaschNuts... it's in the original post along with the previous years teams... I will keep that list pretty well updated

I also reactivated our espn league, so if you were here last year you can go log in to refresh your memory... there are no keepers so the rosters that are listed there are not accurate... we will hold a live online draft again this year, date to be determined...
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer sticks, But the Mob Rules
    Marker:
    No problem on holding me as an alternate. I can understand that. Thank you, Marker.
    you have a PM
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    16 teams seems perfect to me. I'm cool with sticks or cash.
    I'm going to assume most people are good with stick or cash, but do me a favor and place an actual vote... I'll put that next to your team name and that way we can get a consensus... as the Commish I will refrain from voting until the end...
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    robbyras:
    Marker:
    you have a PM
    Returned.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    robbyras:
    I'm going to assume most people are good with stick or cash, but do me a favor and place an actual vote... I'll put that next to your team name and that way we can get a consensus... as the Commish I will refrain from voting until the end...
    Good idea. I'm voting Cash.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    16 teams, and cash. If a sticks league is wanted---we can always run a 2nd league as well----Ill even set it up if you dont want to Rob or cant.....but I think a nice low buy in cash league is fun and we seem to have plenty of interest. And again, we could even do 2 leagues.
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to be added to the alternate list, please! I'll gladly wait on an opening.
    Given the interested to join, I am going to give the Owners from last year until August 5th (a week from Friday) to let me know if they are coming back... so if you know any of these guys, reach out to them... there are a few manages who haven't been on the forums in awhile, so I figure they aren't coming back... I'm hoping to get the league settled by the second week in August and have the draft Late August or Early September...
  • RippRipp Posts: 125
    yeah i will be around.. much more for football than i am baseball. Baseball league was an experiment and it didnt stick. Football is my bread and butter.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I vote cash boss.

Ripp:
    yeah i will be around.. much more for football than i am baseball. Baseball league was an experiment and it didnt stick. Football is my bread and butter.
    RIPP! Glad you're back bro! haven't seen you around lately... hope all is well
    So Krieg is out... that means Bombay is officially owner #9 for the '11 season...
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Hell yes I'm in! What's up guys it's been awhile. And I vote cash, but I'm down for a separate one for sticks.
    D@mn, Fantasy Football thread has got long-lost BOTL's falling from the sky! Welcome back fellas, you have been missed!

The Sniper:
    D@mn, Fantasy Football thread has got long-lost BOTL's falling from the sky! Welcome back fellas, you have been missed!

no kidding, the 2 guys I thought were gone for sure (RIPP and Surf) are the first 2 to come back... kinda funny...
    I just needed an excuse haha. I haven't been smoking as many cigars lately because I've got a triathlon coming up, but I still lurk around once in a while. Definitely gonna step my cigar.com game up once the season starts
    The Sniper:

Thanks man, missed all of you guys as well!
  • RippRipp Posts: 125
    robbyras:
    Ripp:
    RIPP! Glad you're back bro! haven't seen you around lately... hope all is well
    Haha it is now.. I was laid off twice in the last 6 months but have hit a steady job i believe and am ready to get rolling again. Possibly even thinking about upgrading the old humidor!
    So when are we looking at having our draft?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    surfingzeeko:
    So when are we looking at having our draft?
    We don't even know who's on what team yet? LOL
    so it looks like we are waiting on 6 guys and we have 2 alternates... so we're in good shape... I sent PM's to all those who I have not heard from yet... so if you're interested, let me know and I'll get you on the waiting list... i'd like to have about 4-6 guys in the list and we have 2 right now...

the draft will take place late august or early sept... well get a consensus vote on a date once the league is full
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who doesn't get in on this want to do a just for fun league with auto draft? I was thinking of maybe using Yahoo which was easy in the past. If enough alternate guys or guys who don't want to play for cash and sticks want to do it I will set it up.

Not trying to thread jack. I missed last year and figured if everyone won't fit in this one we could do another just for fun.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    pm sent....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Have we decided what the buy-in is yet Commish?

• Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Can I get on the alternates list? Vote = Cash, Team Name = Faildozer.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.