Home General Discussion

A Special Occasion

Well, unlike many of you, I don't have children yet, but today, the wife and I adopted a rescued mini pinscher. He's a small 10lbs, but unlike many small dogs, is super quiet, cuddly, and best of all, house trained.

To celebrate, I broke out a Padilla Signature 1932 along with a few drams of Bulleit Bourbon. It was a great day.

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new addition to the family.
    One God, One Truth
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Adopting a pet is the way to go. Our first dog came from the pound, and she's been an absolute ideal pet. Congratulations on your new family member. Pics??
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 2 mini snauzers that are my best buds. They love hanging out when I'm smoking a cigar.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Sounds like you found someone to hangout with ya when your smoking your cigar!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have 3 dogs and all are rescues. Saving these animals from a kill shelter, is a great way to help our animal society. Congrats on the new addition!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I have a mini-pincher that I love more than most people I know. This one does bark alot, but only because it believes she owns the whole world and doesn't want any intruders.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Great smoke to celebrate a great new family member - congratulations my friend! Get us some pics up here ASAP!

• e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Congrats on the new addition. My family and I use to volunteer for a rescue and I love to hear when somebody rescues an animal.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That's awesome man, congrats! I love hear of people doing rescues and not contributing to the dog over population that exists. There are far too many great loving animals out there who need great homes.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Right on, man! Dogs are awesome. Congratulations, and nice smoke you chose for celebrating.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    A new smoking partner is ALWAYS welcome!
    Would it be POTL... "Puppy of the Leaf"?
    Lasabar:
    YEESSS!!!!
    ENFIDL:
    Lasabar:
    YEESSS!!!!
    Or if ENFIDL is typing it's be a PORK!
    Lasabar:
    ENFIDL:
    Lasabar:
    YEESSS!!!!
    Or if ENFIDL is typing it's be a PORK!
    :)
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    jr_p951:
    Sounds like you found someone to hangout with ya when your smoking your cigar!
    That's exactly what I'm training him to be!
    Poker Slob:
    We have 3 dogs and all are rescues. Saving these animals from a kill shelter, is a great way to help our animal society. Congrats on the new addition!
    Thanks. :) I'm definitely a believer in rescued animals. I've had several growing up who were great, and now we have Jax.
    skweekz:
    Adopting a pet is the way to go. Our first dog came from the pound, and she's been an absolute ideal pet. Congratulations on your new family member. Pics??
    Sure thing.

A very cute guy.