Home General Discussion

Iron Man

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Anyone notice Jeff Bridges character smoking a cigar when he was talking to RDJ in the Generator room? I can't tell what cigar that is...oh well...what pissed me off was the fact that it wasn't lit!

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    You don't ever just gum a cigar? Sometimes when I go out for the night, with friends or whatever to bars, or a party I'll take a cigar, and just sort of chew/gum it (not really CHEW, just hold it with my teeth.) if I am somewhere I cannot light up yet.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    not really....can't stand slobbering all over a cigar

"Long ashes my friends."

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my brother and I used to go to the auto auctions frequently, there was one of the car dealers there who had the habit of sticking a Churchill of some sort all the way back between his cheek and his teeth but he never lit it. By the end of the day it was about as long as half of a robusto. Don't know whether he ate it, bit off the soggy part, or what - but he sure didn't smoke it. And smoking was allowed where we were.

Yucchh!

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Ew, yeah, no, that's not at all what I meant. Personally, for me at least, I am able to hold a cigar with my teeth without getting it any wetter than it gets during smoking.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Good opportunity for a Sniper story....

Ive got a cigar buddy named Gary. Gary was a machine gunner in Vietnam, and his squad leader started a tradition of giving everyone in the squad a cigar right before they had to go on patrol or a mission. Of course, you cant fire it up while you're out there - cigar smoke smells like NOTHING in a jungle, and can be smelled at an amazing distance, painting a bullseye on you and everyone around you. So they would just chew on the cigars while they were out, and every time they got back to their base they would spark up their sticks to celebrate still being alive.

To this day, Gary will hold a cigar in his mouth and chew on it for an hour or two before he lights it up and smokes it. Great dude, and Im proud to share his great story.

• Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Awesome story man. It's amazing the habits that stick with someone. My dad still has some habits from when he was there... Everynow and then I will get to hear a story about what it was like over there but not very often.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    jlmarta:
    When my brother and I used to go to the auto auctions frequently, there was one of the car dealers there who had the habit of sticking a Churchill of some sort all the way back between his cheek and his teeth but he never lit it. By the end of the day it was about as long as half of a robusto. Don't know whether he ate it, bit off the soggy part, or what - but he sure didn't smoke it. And smoking was allowed where we were.

Yucchh!

That's pretty foul.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

Ive got a cigar buddy named Gary. Gary was a machine gunner in Vietnam, and his squad leader started a tradition of giving everyone in the squad a cigar right before they had to go on patrol or a mission. Of course, you cant fire it up while you're out there - cigar smoke smells like NOTHING in a jungle, and can be smelled at an amazing distance, painting a bullseye on you and everyone around you. So they would just chew on the cigars while they were out, and every time they got back to their base they would spark up their sticks to celebrate still being alive.

To this day, Gary will hold a cigar in his mouth and chew on it for an hour or two before he lights it up and smokes it. Great dude, and Im proud to share his great story.

Kick Ace story! I remember when I was in college and no one around me knew about cigars and my roomate gave me a Kahlua cigar and said that his buddy knows and you have to create a groove in the cigar with a tooth and then once you have a grip, that's how you smoke it...

I've sinced schooled him on cigars and such, but I'll never forget trying to tooth a flavored/infused cigar in my college apartment while watching the Sopranos...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Sniper:

That's so awesome! Tell him Thanks for what he's done from you friendly neighborhood ENFIDL.