Home Cigar 101

Cigar Dye on Lips - How to get rid of?

I am a new cigar smoker and the other day I was smoking a Cherry Bomb cigar, felt something oily on my lips and now I have a black stain on my inner lip. How do I get rid of this?

Comments

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    Not really sure beyond regular methods....im sure it would wear off over time no?
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Anders:
    I am a new cigar smoker and the other day I was smoking a Cherry Bomb cigar, felt something oily on my lips and now I have a black stain on my inner lip. How do I get rid of this?

Smiley
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    You are smoking the wrong cigars if they are dyed. Just saying
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    yup!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Amos Umwhat:
    fla-gypsy:
    yup!
    +2
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Anders:
    Just say no to rocky patel.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwestern:
    Anders:
    Just say no to rocky patel.

Aren't Cherry Bombs made by CAO?

Yes Cherry bombs are made by CAO, but irregardless just say no to Rocky Patel...lol,, No cmon guys lets show Rocky some love... Rocky, if your out there and reading this, I dedicate this day RP day and today I'm only going to smoke RP's K? K!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Honestly this sounds more like tar. At least in my experience, tar getting in your mouth is more common than any "bleed" from the wrapper. Did you get a nasty, burnt, bitter... well, tar flavor?
  • AndersAnders Posts: 3
    Yeah it was a pretty nasty, burnt taste when this happened. If it is tar, any remedy or fix for my lip?
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A belt sander? I'm just sayin'...
    YankeeMan:
    A belt sander? I'm just sayin'...
    Ok Thatll work, better than my idea of using goof off..
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Stop smoking cherry bombs... just sayin....
    Anders:
    Yeah it was a pretty nasty, burnt taste when this happened. If it is tar, any remedy or fix for my lip?
    Damp paper towel has always been enough to remove tar, in my experience. Usually when it occurs, it is a result of a tight draw, not enough being cut from the head, storage at humidity too low, or temperature too low for too long.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alcohol might cut tar, perhaps something of a burn though, better add ice, hmm, Scotch, anyone?:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    go lick something else. Surely there's a strip in your town. I'm just saying.
  • AndersAnders Posts: 3
    Guessing not tar because it does not wipe off. Its as if my lip was dipped in black ink on the inside. Happened right after the cherry bomb cigar, halfway thru it actually.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    Stop smoking cherry bombs... just sayin....
    That is my thought as well.. The name alone doesn't sound too promising to me.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    The Kid:
    Yes Cherry bombs are made by CAO, but irregardless just say no to Rocky Patel...lol,, No cmon guys lets show Rocky some love... Rocky, if your out there and reading this, I dedicate this day RP day and today I'm only going to smoke RP's K? K!
    +1 to that! What's up with all the RP haters around here, lol? ...and on that note, go easy on Anders, it's his first day!

Anders, wish I had some advice for you on your lip. All I can suggest is that you find your gf/wife and get some help from her!

JDE

JonathanE:
    The Kid:
    +1 to that! What's up with all the RP haters around here, lol? ...and on that note, go easy on Anders, it's his first day!

Anders, wish I had some advice for you on your lip. All I can suggest is that you find your gf/wife and get some help from her!

JDE

Rocky is known to do some shady stuff in the production of his cigars... Like painting them. Hence the hate. Oh, and his 9,000 sub par brands, and dishonesty with consumers...
    docbp87:
    JonathanE:
    The Kid:

JDE

Rocky is known to do some shady stuff in the production of his cigars... Like painting them. Hence the hate. Oh, and his 9,000 sub par brands, and dishonesty with consumers...
    Really? I hadnt heard that before, guess I havent been paying too much attention. What cigar was dyed? For me some of his stuff has been hit or miss, so I kinda backed away from his product, but recently have been re-exploring his line.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    The Kid:
    docbp87:
    JonathanE:
    The Kid:

JDE

Really? I hadnt heard that before, guess I havent been paying too much attention. What cigar was dyed? For me some of his stuff has been hit or miss, so I kinda backed away from his product, but recently have been re-exploring his line.
    He also undercuts his own reps.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:
    The Kid:
    docbp87:
    JonathanE:
    The Kid:

JDE

He also undercuts his own reps.
    Come on.. Blah blah blah. Let's go smoke a Decade Limitada and foget all about this.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I've never had any sort of residue left over from smoking. I suppose I've been lucky?
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    docbp87:
    JonathanE:
    The Kid:

JDE

Wow, that's news to me! I guess I would be a RP hater too if I had the same history. Can you point me to some reading on this??

JDE

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not tar and actually some kind of dye or whatever they use in the infusion process you'll probably just have to wait it out.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Hes not reading this-----he's too busy making 19 new blends with his newest family member that will all taste bad, and even if they dont he will change the blend in a year or two and not tell you about it----until you realize your favorite sticks now taste like a poop.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I have found plenty of Rocky blends that I enjoy, much more than Gurkha anyway. For the record, I have never had a Rocky cigar transfer dye to my lips. Just saying. It is Ok not to like a brand of cigars but we should avoid some of the personal attack. It is not befitting of the good character of the guys here.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    not getting involved with the RP hate here, rather im gunna refer to the original post...
    take preventative measures maybe?
    you think that putting on chapstick before smoking would help?

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    JonathanE:
    The Kid:

JDE

I actually had a cigar (store brand) called RP Resado I believe, and it was quite good IMO. Not all "store" brand RPs are crap. Ccom sells the RP Royal Vintage, and I was quite impressed the flavor of this stick. I've never experienced the "tar" coming off on my fingers, so I'm really sure what to do about it. I'm sure Kuzi will offer some good suggestions.

"Long ashes my friends."