Home Cigar 101

Question about humidor rated capacity..

Ok, so I received my first shipment of sticks and started loading up the humi. The humi itself is just a pretty much standard desktop unit.  It's rated at 150 cigar.  It doesnt seem possible to fit that many or even close to that many.  How much airspace is required around the cigar?  It seems that if I were to even come close to putting 150 cigars in there it wouldnt allow for any movement.   I could be way off on this one but it seems like decent amount of airspace in the humi would allow for proper air movement and humidfication. 

Comments

• rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I believe that they rate humidors based on the old Cuban style cigar which is similar to a Lancero sized cigar. So when you start filling you humidor up with Robustos and Churchills then you will not be able to get as many cigars in the humidor as what it is rated for. You can always pick up another humidor to hold all of your sticks or you could send the overflow to me and I would be happy to hold on to them for you. :)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rmccloud:
    I believe that they rate humidors based on the old Cuban style cigar which is similar to a Lancero sized cigar. So when you start filling you humidor up with Robustos and Churchills then you will not be able to get as many cigars in the humidor as what it is rated for. You can always pick up another humidor to hold all of your sticks or you could send the overflow to me and I would be happy to hold on to them for you. :)

That is a very generous offer on you part Mc. If I ever have a similar problem, could you do the same for me ?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Why is that always an answer of BOTL's? man oh man...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the cigar count is based off of a classic cuban size: corona