Home General Discussion

little cigars

I was wondering if any of you guys smoke any of those mini-cigars, what you think of them and what ones if any that you prefer. I'm looking on investing in some so i can have a cigar during my break and not have to worry about cutting off a cigar and relighting later, doing so just kinda ruins the smoke for me.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    5 Vegas Shorty. They are great for a short smoke, and you're still smoking a cigar, not some machine-made piece of dog poo.

Joe
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive said it before:

I am the only person in the world that does not like the 5 vegas shorty. (there always has to be one (there can only be one!!!!))

CAO makes some good tins. I found that the Italia translated well into little cigar form. I also know that gurkha makes some little ones... never had em, but its a gurkha, it cant be that bad.
  • 6clicks6clicks Posts: 34
    I can vouch for the little Gurkhas. I had a 4X50 that was the best smoke I've ever enjoyed. Long burn too, for a small stick, and great complexity. I'm a relative newbie having long ago smoked machine made sticks for years, but something about that one really put me in the clouds. I had a couple of Cusano18 robustos and smoked one the other day with a crossword puzzle. It wasn't terribly exciting to me. I'll wait a while and try the other one to give them a fair evaluation but I wasn't impressed with the flavor or body. It was beautifully made and burned nicely but it's got to have more than that going for it to suit me. George
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    kuzi16:
    ive said it before:

I am the only person in the world that does not like the 5 vegas shorty. (there always has to be one (there can only be one!!!!))

CAO makes some good tins. I found that the Italia translated well into little cigar form. I also know that gurkha makes some little ones... never had em, but its a gurkha, it cant be that bad.
    I am sitting outside with a small CAO Italia and a cup of morning coffee. Great little cigar. I don't smoke a lot of minis but this is a good one when you don't have a lot of time.
  • I want to know how to smoke mini cigars. I have decided to stop having cigarettes but have mini cigars instead.  So I am asking you don't inhale do you? Also how does Hamlet Miniatures taste, are they reasonable?

Little cigars
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I smoke em, more in the winter when its freezing I like the perdomo moments or the Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Cuentos, one of my favs is the Arturo Fuente Cubanito's, The H Upmann demi tasse are very good too. I dont inhale but sometimes it happens.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    With any cigars you don't want to inhale. But I started with acid minis moved to hoyo de monterrey. But the best I've had were the Gurkha minis ive had. Can't find em anymore tho =.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I have smoked a few that are OK. They are not quite like their larger counterparts but when you only have 15 min. or so they work fine. Cohiba Black Pequenos but note that these are medium bodied. Make sure they are the Pequenos and not the minis. Not the same thing! Also, the CAO Brazilia Cariocas 4 X 38 are OK too they are medium-full, not quite the same as the full sized cigars but OK.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    It's great to see these recommendations. I've been looking for a small cigar for Winter as well. It's simply too cold here to sit outside for over an hour at that time of year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    JudoChinX:
    It's great to see these recommendations. I've been looking for a small cigar for Winter as well. It's simply too cold here to sit outside for over an hour at that time of year.
    Same thing for me but anything below 65 is cold to me :-). If anyone has any they want to trade, please PM me.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    The CAO MX2 daggers are great for a small smoke, they really do manage to pack a ton of flavor in that little vitola.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    The CAO MX2 daggers are great for a small smoke, they really do manage to pack a ton of flavor in that little vitola.
    yup, i like those too
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    CAO Maduro tins are really good and I'll second the AF Cubanitos. Also, DPG Original (blue) demitasse. I only smoke these in the winter months because while they do kinda satisfy my fix for a smoke, they also kinda leave me wanting for a real cigar. For a semi-quick smoke I also like 5 Vegas (Gold, Miami) and RP 1990 petite coronas.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    These were my favorite. H. Upmann Demi Tasse.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    If you feel like splurging and trying out some smaller Davidoff blends, try out the Winston Churchill Spitfire or the Zino Platinum Scepter XO. I looooove me some Winston Churchills from Davidoff.

However, if you want more affordable minis, try out the CAO MX2 Daggers, Cohiba Red Dot or Cohiba Black Pequenos.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    forgot about the don lino africa tins, the kuros, they are great
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Couple of years ago I got picked by Cigar Magazine to do a review on several tins/boxes of mini cigars. They sent me all kinds of mini cigars, from Macanudo to H.Uppman and Monticristo White. And have to say that some were pretty good, others avg. Never really considered smoking them before till then, I like them when it's winter time and I want a cigar but don't wanna freeze my ass off smoking 1.5hr cigar.

"Long ashes my friends."

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Wow, talk about some forum necromancy. It's cool to look back and see what you liked then compared to now...three years is a long time for someone new to cigars, it has been a fun ride so far.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Wow, talk about some forum necromancy. It's cool to look back and see what you liked then compared to now...three years is a long time for someone new to cigars, it has been a fun ride so far.
    i was gunna say the same thing...

LFD corajos are great... especially with about a year on them.