Home Cigar 101

So I've got these Cigars...

and I'm very excited. I bought a 10 cigar gurkha sampler.

1 - Gurkha 1887 Natural Sultan (5.75" x 52)

1 - Gurkha Beast Sultan (5.75" x 52)

1 - Gurkha Beauty Sultan (5.75" x 52)

1 - Gurkha Centurian Sultan (5.75" x 52)

1 - Gurkha Class Regent Sultan (5.75" x 52)

1 - Gurkha Legend Sultan (5.75" x 52)

1 - Gurkha Master Select Sultan (5.75" x 52)

1 - Gurkha Royal Brigade Sultan (5.75" x 52)

1 - Gurkha Symphony Sultan (5.75" x 52)

1 - Gurkha Titan Sultan (5.75" x 52)

I'm wondering how much difference there is between the full sized cigar and this Sultan size.

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I didn't know the Beast, Titan, Beauty, etc... came in different sizes.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I thought the beast, titan and all were just different sizes of the Legend blend? How does that work?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I thought the beast, titan and all were just different sizes of the Legend blend? How does that work?
    nope. different blends.

im not sure how that size got to be called "sultan" but it did.
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    nope. different blends.

Different blends in the same sense that every different vitola in cuban tradition is a different blend OR a completely different blend each time. If so why the hell do they call them all Legends?
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    madurofan:
    nope. different blends.

Different blends in the same sense that every different vitola in cuban tradition is a different blend OR a completely different blend each time. If so why the hell do they call them all Legends?
    The Gurkha Website gives what the blends are for most of those. The Titan and Beast are very similar but the Titan has more Ligero in it. I read somewhere else that they swapped out one type of tobacco for another, ex Hondoran for Nicaraguan but I can't find that now.

I thought the Centurion only came in one size.
    way to be quick with the mouse!

i have nothing more to add.

ok one more thing.
    I LOVE THIS FORUM.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Odd. They don't list the Fuerte or the Centurian on their site, as far as I can tell.
    urbino:
    Odd. They don't list the Fuerte or the Centurian on their site, as far as I can tell.
    There are a lot that they don't list like the doble maduro, Triple Ligero, Gold, to name a few.
    kuzi16:

ok one more thing.
    I LOVE THIS FORUM.
    Bro, I am on this site all day. Boring job. I keep the page up all the time and continuously hit F5
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:

ok one more thing.
    I LOVE THIS FORUM.
    Bro, I am on this site all day. Boring job. I keep the page up all the time and continuously hit F5
    i understand having this site up all the time. I mean this is post #2948 for me.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    I'm on here a lot too. Hell, I've moved up to a top 10 poster. woohoo...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    rwheelwright:
    urbino:
    There are a lot that they don't list like the doble maduro, Triple Ligero, Gold, to name a few.
    I'm not sure I understand the point of a website that doesn't cover your entire product line. I guess it's better than nothing, but, seriously, are these knuckleheads stuck in 1996?
    urbino:
    rwheelwright:
    urbino:
    I'm not sure I understand the point of a website that doesn't cover your entire product line. I guess it's better than nothing, but, seriously, are these knuckleheads stuck in 1996?
    My guess is that people have a lot of inventory and these products were at one time new and are now older. My other theory is that Gurkha only puts the more expensive stuff on their website. However, the fact that there is a Titan II kinda blows both of my guesses away. It is expensive and new and NOT on the website.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    urbino:
    rwheelwright:
    urbino:
    My guess is that people have a lot of inventory and these products were at one time new and are now older. My other theory is that Gurkha only puts the more expensive stuff on their website. However, the fact that there is a Titan II kinda blows both of my guesses away. It is expensive and new and NOT on the website.
    It's so expensive, and so new that it can't be put on the website, it would crash the server... they have to wait until it is older and cheaper.

Either that, or they just do a half assed job of updating their site...I think I'd tend to go with the latter.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    My guess is that they put SOOOO much time and effort into their cigars, that they don't have enough time to properly take care of their website! haha ok maybe not... But it sounded good to me!
    LOL. I think the truth of the matter is probably that the majority of their cigars are exclusive to one vendor, i.e. Cigar.com and they only list the cigars that are not exclusives on their webpage. THat'd be my guess anyway.
    madurofan:
    LOL. I think the truth of the matter is probably that the majority of their cigars are exclusive to one vendor, i.e. Cigar.com and they only list the cigars that are not exclusives on their webpage. THat'd be my guess anyway.
    Didn't think of that.