Home Non Cigar Related

The Art of Manliness

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
I noted some threads about shaving and barbering, smoking out of season, etc. and a few other things that could fit under the grand banner of manliness. I offer this gateway!

http://artofmanliness.com/ http://artofmanliness.com/trunk/1415/10-over-the-top-man-caves

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    That website is amazing. 'Nuff said.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Awesome website. I was just laughing at all the manly things I can learn to do.
  • This site made me laugh. I'm thinking it should be re-named The Art of Doucheiness.
    Hippiebrian:
    This site made me laugh. I'm thinking it should be re-named The Art of Doucheiness.
    Sense of entitlement, smooth hands, feminine disposition . . . yup. We have a hippy on the boards.
  • xmacro:
    Hippiebrian:
    This site made me laugh. I'm thinking it should be re-named The Art of Doucheiness.

Sense of entitlement, smooth hands, feminine disposition . . . yup. We have a hippy on the boards.

Where in there did you get the "sense of entitlement?" I stand up to pee. That's the only real "art of manliness" I need to possess. If people are into these things I suppose more power to them, but it still makes me laugh! Really, one of the "manly arts" they want to teach me is tomohawk throwing? Come on, that's just funny...
    Hippiebrian:
    xmacro:
    Hippiebrian:
    Where in there did you get the "sense of entitlement?" I stand up to pee. That's the only real "art of manliness" I need to possess. If people are into these things I suppose more power to them, but it still makes me laugh! Really, one of the "manly arts" they want to teach me is tomohawk throwing? Come on, that's just funny...
    2 out of 3 ain't bad; if your definition of being a man is pissing in the toilet and nothing more . . . well, I guess that's all that can be said of you. 2 out of 3 traits of a hippy is still a hippy
  • xmacro:
    Hippiebrian:
    xmacro:
    Hippiebrian:

2 out of 3 ain't bad; if your definition of being a man is pissing in the toilet and nothing more . . . well, I guess that's all that can be said of you. 2 out of 3 traits of a hippy is still a hippy

Let's see, hippie, ya, gotta admit it.
    smoothe hands? Really? I work with my hands as a pump mechanic/pipe fitter, they are not quite smoothe. Feminine disposition? Did you deduce that because I don't need manly instruction to learn how to shave, groom myself or, God forbid, throw tomahawks (that still cracks me up!). You are wrong on all counts. I'm just a regular dude that loves cigars, espescially full flavored/full bodied ones, and who doesn't need to consult a website for instructions on "manliness". That's all. Get to know me, you may change your mind.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Boxing gloves, or bare fisted? No slapping please. LOL Hey Hippie, how old are you? I must be older than you. I'm from the beatnik generation. ROTFLMAO
    Hippiebrian:
    xmacro:
    Hippiebrian:
    xmacro:
    Hippiebrian:
    Let's see, hippie, ya, gotta admit it. smoothe hands? Really? I work with my hands as a pump mechanic/pipe fitter, they are not quite smoothe. Feminine disposition? Did you deduce that because I don't need manly instruction to learn how to shave, groom myself or, God forbid, throw tomahawks (that still cracks me up!). You are wrong on all counts. I'm just a regular dude that loves cigars, espescially full flavored/full bodied ones, and who doesn't need to consult a website for instructions on "manliness". That's all. Get to know me, you may change your mind.
    Sooo . . . you read a single article, and came to the conclusion that the entire website is dumb? That's some thorough thought processes you have going on there; do you smoke one cigar and "deduce" that the entire manufacturing line is good or bad from that one cigar? Can I "deduce" that you think smoking a full-bodied cigar makes you more manly than a mild? Is Habano more manly than Maduro? Sumatra more manly than Cameroon?

• beatnic:
    Boxing gloves, or bare fisted? No slapping please. LOL Hey Hippie, how old are you? I must be older than you. I'm from the beatnik generation. ROTFLMAO

LOL, 49, kind of young I know. Don't worry, I'm done with this thread. Sad I can't have an opinion without getting attacked, but what can ya do? Back to discussing cigars!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can write my name in the snow when I p, Now tell me that ain't manly?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Just be an alpha male and do not be concerned about what others think. I will add this bit wisdom " A man's life consists not in the abundance of things he possesses"
    fla-gypsy:
    Just be an alpha male and do not be concerned about what others think. I will add this bit wisdom " A man's life consists not in the abundance of things he possesses"
    Bingo. It ain't about just having a ****, t's about more than that, which is why I like the site so much - from it's Losing with Dignity series to the series about what it means to be a Man, there's more to being a Man than just pissing in a urinal or claiming that full-bodied cigars reflect on your manliness.